HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Flock

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
on: 06 Jan 2007, 04:39:30 pm
Well there once was a time when FireFox used to be the rage when it came to web browsers, and it probably still is. However I have stumbled upon an even better browser called Flock - http://www.flock.com

It?s a Gecko based browser so it very similar to Firefox. It?s main advantage is that you can integrate social networking sites into it such as Flickr, Photobucket and Del.icio.us. It?s also very good for RSS feeds.

Another handy feature is that it allows you to create snippets from websites (images/text) and save them in a bar on the bottom of the browser, particularly handy when doing research. The majority of the extensions that can be used in FireFox can also be used in Flock. It looks very similar to Firefox and includes all the same features.

FireFox is by no means a bad browser, I will still continue to use it as well. You could look at Flock as an enhanced version of FireFox. When you look at the functionality of these kind of browsers, it makes you wonder why people still use Internet Explorer ::)

The link to it is in my signature if you are interested in checking it out :)
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2007, 04:41:54 pm by Flannerz »

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2007, 01:24:05 am
 Flannerz... what to the average user of the internet does it really bring?  I' m an IE user and I use it when I'm using the net to research etc for my assignments?!
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2007, 09:51:06 am
To the average user, probably not a lot. Although it's worth it purely from a security point of view (Firefox is just as good for security).

Although with you saying you do research on the net, you probably would find the snippet function very valuble. When you find an image or piece of text that you want to use, simply copy it and drag it into the snippet bar at the bottom. You can then browse to another site for more information and do the same. You will end up with lots of snippets of information that you have collected, very useful indeed. :)

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2007, 05:45:30 pm
 Cheers for that.  :)
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.