HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Towns points scored for next weekend

Guest · 22 · 1989

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 20 Feb 2009, 04:50:31 pm
Keith marra i remember the days were there was rarely less tha  5000 at the Rec and Donkey park for these derbys, and that was when Town were by far the better team of the 2, did Haven fans care NO we were still there in hundreds at your place (if not over 1000). The rabble that came last time from Town could have fit into a mini bus!!!!I no them days the score wasnt anyeay near as predictable but the support you are bringin compared to what Haven took in the early-late nineties is laughable

jammy dodger, if we are going to play at that game I can go back a lot further than you and I can remember days when Haven couldn't muster 50 to come to Towm either.   The thing is we all remember the good times and over the years numbers get exagerated.  I stood at the Rec one year and from my experience of over 60 years of following both teams, not just one, someone said what you are saying i.e. there was only about 100 Town fans and yet most of the popular side was Town fans.   John Cox was at it on Wednesday night the number of fans at York according to him was 100 in a crowd of 685.  It's something that some people just can't help doing.   How would you know a Town fan from a Haven fan in the crowd if neither are wearing a team shirt?   Other than by the disappointed faces.  ;) ;)
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 20 Feb 2009, 05:08:40 pm
Keith marra i remember the days were there was rarely less tha  5000 at the Rec and Donkey park for these derbys, and that was when Town were by far the better team of the 2, did Haven fans care NO we were still there in hundreds at your place (if not over 1000). The rabble that came last time from Town could have fit into a mini bus!!!!I no them days the score wasnt anyeay near as predictable but the support you are bringin compared to what Haven took in the early-late nineties is laughable

jammy dodger, if we are going to play at that game I can go back a lot further than you and I can remember days when Haven couldn't muster 50 to come to Towm either.   The thing is we all remember the good times and over the years numbers get exagerated.  I stood at the Rec one year and from my experience of over 60 years of following both teams, not just one, someone said what you are saying i.e. there was only about 100 Town fans and yet most of the popular side was Town fans.   John Cox was at it on Wednesday night the number of fans at York according to him was 100 in a crowd of 685.  It's something that some people just can't help doing.   How would you know a Town fan from a Haven fan in the crowd if neither are wearing a team shirt?   Other than by the disappointed faces.  ;) ;)

keith, the town fans not wearing town shirts will be easily recognisable as they will have burberry caps, 10 gold signet rings and LOVELY gold chains with "DARREN" or "TRACEY" on them!!! lol

no seriously, you are again right my learned friend, unfortunately its how it is, not too many people, myself included, get excited about the derby games at the moment because, usually they are one sided, great if u r a haven fan, not so for a townie

i would love nothing more than to go back to the 80s and 90s when they were competitive, and fans genuinely did not know if their team was going to win.

i can remember sitting in the bar, nervous as hell, in case we lost and i had to go back to work and get stick about it!
it doesnt happen anymore.......and thats a bloody shame! :witch: :witch:
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #17 on: 20 Feb 2009, 06:32:05 pm
Well if this is the case, we might as well just pack up and merge in a bid to gain more fans ;) *gets his coat*

On a serious note though, I was planning to come up for the game, but taking Wednesday night into consideration and also the seemingly meaningless nature of the result on Sunday, I'm not so sure whether I will.

I'll definitely be making the relatively short trip to Leigh, but it will be interesting to see how many from Haven make the trip after our last away outing.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #18 on: 20 Feb 2009, 07:12:50 pm

keith, the town fans not wearing town shirts will be easily recognisable as they will have burberry caps, 10 gold signet rings and LOVELY gold chains with "DARREN" or "TRACEY" on them!!! lol

Now everyone will know me Big fella, why did you put that on here.   :shake: :shake:

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #19 on: 22 Feb 2009, 06:56:46 pm

Its a waste of a game if you ask me.

How can it be called a derby when they dont even bring any supporters to the Recre.

We'll beat them by 24 (with half a team out), but who cares?

And presumably Reg if Haven were in Town's position and Town in Haven's you would be dashing headlong to a match at Derwent Park!!!!!

It's not that long ago that there was 3600 at the Rec for a derby match, where do you suppose quite a lot of them were from???   Maybe you didn't go to matches then though.

Are you trying to suggest Keith that im a fair weather fan? Quite an accusation coming from a supporter of a team that couldnt fill a mini bus to a game 10 minutes down the road. I remember playing you in your 'halcyon' days of the 90's when all your idiots used to come to Haven to cause trouble around the Town prior to a game and you still only used to bring 1000 tops. For a team who at the time proclaimed to be 'simply the best' thats pretty pi$$ poor.

When you we're on top in those days we STILL used to attend in numbers to derby games both home and away. No matter how poor our players were they still managed to raise their game and give you a game unlike Towns current crop of Jam scoffing no hopers.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 22 Feb 2009, 06:58:52 pm

How can it be called a derby when they dont even bring any supporters to the Recre.

And presumably Reg if Haven were in Town's position and Town in Haven's you would be dashing headlong to a match at Derwent Park!!!!!

It's not that long ago that there was 3600 at the Rec for a derby match, where do you suppose quite a lot of them were from???   Maybe you didn't go to matches then though.

Are you trying to suggest Keith that im a fair weather fan? Quite an accusation coming from a supporter of a team that couldnt fill a mini bus to a game 10 minutes down the road. I remember playing you in your 'halcyon' days of the 90's when all your idiots used to come to Haven to cause trouble around the Town prior to a game and you still only used to bring 1000 tops. For a team who at the time proclaimed to be 'simply the best' thats pretty pi$$ poor.

When you we're on top in those days we STILL used to attend in numbers to derby games both home and away. No matter how poor our players were they still managed to raise their game and give you a game unlike Towns current crop of Jam scoffing no hopers.

they give us a game today

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #21 on: 22 Feb 2009, 07:08:13 pm

I don't know you from Adam, Reg, but I do know that every year people exagerate how many fans they take here and there as if it is some sort of macho competition, like Coxy did on Wednesday night when he said there was 100 from haven and the crowd was only 685.   I can remember about 200 Haven fans stood on the town end at DP one year and after the match they were trying to say there was over 1000 there.   It's a numbers game that means absolutely naff all.