HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

York v Whitehaven your thoughts !!!!!!!

Maca · 28 · 2178

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
on: 18 Feb 2009, 09:00:03 pm
poor defence errors and not playing sets threw. same happend with the batley game second half and we got points against us. when york and other teams have the ball we need to get up on them and cause pressure.

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2009, 09:24:37 pm
Simple really.....Ged got it all wrong sending the kids.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2009, 10:09:07 pm
How many "kids "

Bainbridge
Smith
Smith
Shakley
Dalton

Its only 5 out of 17, If he had only played two of those five do you think the result would have been any different

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2009, 10:40:27 pm
Add to those 5
AMOR, McNALLY, BARKER then thats up to 8 , and from those 8, the 3 prime positions were taken up, just incase your struggling that is McNally, Dalton and Chris Smith then with the lack of experience there its little wonder we had no organisation or attack.
And before people start contradicting perhaps about McNally then please remember a good prospect he maybe but against experienced players like the March brothers I'm afraid he was found wanting.
Like a lot of you I do agree Ged got it wrong with his experience you would have thought that he would have had more knowledge than to put these youngsters in to such a position which will have demoralised them no-doubt.
Even with the "old heads" that he had in I don't think that there is one of those who really has the character to lift or encourage the younger players and lead by example.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2009, 10:48:55 pm
Add to those 5
AMOR, McNALLY, BARKER then thats up to 8 , and from those 8, the 3 prime positions were taken up, just incase your struggling that is McNally, Dalton and Chris Smith then with the lack of experience there its little wonder we had no organisation or attack.
And before people start contradicting perhaps about McNally then please remember a good prospect he maybe but against experienced players like the March brothers I'm afraid he was found wanting.
Like a lot of you I do agree Ged got it wrong with his experience you would have thought that he would have had more knowledge than to put these youngsters in to such a position which will have demoralised them no-doubt.
Even with the "old heads" that he had in I don't think that there is one of those who really has the character to lift or encourage the younger players and lead by example.

its not just the youngsters its fringe players with little game time under there belt

look who was left out from sunday and who came in

out

benson
calvert
rob jacko
joe
theo
matty
miller
gorski
rudd

in

bamber
amor
c smith (who was mom by all accounts)
d smith
dexter
campbell
dalton
shacks
lavu

you cant change that many players for ones will little game time under there belts, and in some cases little or no first team experince

face facts Geds got it wrong big style , i just wish he would admit it. we proved tongiht that some of those that came in will be good enough and some will not but with so many changes they didnt stand a chance                       
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2009, 11:45:36 pm
we realy miss macca and hill imo

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2009, 07:29:01 am
You  would  have  thought  Ged  would  have  picked  a  stronger  side for  the  tougher  game  which  was  the  York  one.  He  could  have  used  his  weaker  team  for  the  derby.

Whats  worrying  though  is  our  lack  of  strength  in  depth.  Some  of  these  young'uns  should  now  be  really  pushing  for  a  1st  team  slot  and  this  was  their  chance.

Offline kellsendian

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2009, 10:55:25 am
they probably are all pushing for a first team place but not at the same time
for me GED got it well wrong, in his post match interview he said he thought that team should have been good enough to do the job which led me to believe he had stronger players to pick from but didn't and considering york had been playing well and winning games , gaining confidence they should have been given more respect
so instead of having two wins from two with a third more than likely we are now under pressure and may need a result at Leigh to progress I  feel sorry for the fans who made the journey

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 19 Feb 2009, 11:47:10 am
I've had to vent my frustration - www.havenfans.co.uk/blog

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #9 on: 19 Feb 2009, 12:33:02 pm
 i have to feel sorry for the fans that travelled to watch. far to many changes and the ones that came in many from the heap up the road are not good enough. we have now put ourselves under pressure to go through look out town sunday. :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Offline Chocolate Lips

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 19 Feb 2009, 01:34:58 pm
i have to feel sorry for the fans that travelled to watch. far to many changes and the ones that came in many from the heap up the road are not good enough. we have now put ourselves under pressure to go through look out town sunday. :nod: :nod: :nod:
These lads have come to Haven and dont deserve stick as if there still at town. If they pull on the shirt they should be given every chance to prove they can step up to the mark. Would people have been so against them if they came from another club? Two competitive games is hardly enough time to prove yourself.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #11 on: 19 Feb 2009, 03:16:50 pm
These lads have come to Haven and dont deserve stick as if there still at town. If they pull on the shirt they should be given every chance to prove they can step up to the mark. Would people have been so against them if they came from another club? Two competitive games is hardly enough time to prove yourself.
i hope to be wrong ie lavulavu dalton campbell dexter tutty theres a much better player at kells in carl sice.
born and bred haven.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 19 Feb 2009, 03:26:10 pm
i hope to be wrong ie lavulavu dalton campbell dexter tutty theres a much better player at kells in carl sice.
dexter played well by all accounts and was one of the few who stuck to the game plan
THE MULLET IS BACK

justonelilpoint

Reply #13 on: 19 Feb 2009, 04:11:27 pm
rewind couple seasons back and we wouldnt have looked at any of those players at Haven, except perhaps Dexter...says lot to me where we at!

Another name missing from the 'kids' list..John Patrick...think he only played about half dozen 1st team games last year after coming from 2nd division amateur rugby!

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 19 Feb 2009, 05:36:15 pm

I wasn't there and I'm pleased I wasn't. The result speaks volumes and finally proves that some of these young lads are simply not good enough, they really should be up to speed now, Christ theres plenty on here been bulling them up for about 2 Years now and the Town signings are DEFINATELY not good enough!! Give them a chance?? How many chances do they need? Ged Stokes has weakened this team and I do question his judgement - we'll definately struggle this year. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.