HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Trash

Boxer · 86 · 4993

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
on: 22 Feb 2009, 05:11:01 pm
Well there is only one word - trash.  Apart from Mattinson we seem to lack any attacking spark. 

We lacked any creativity/ organisation/control of play  in the half backs

We desperatly need another outside centre

Pace and fitness of the team was ponderous

No enthusiasm

A ton of erorrs

One of the worst games i have had the misfortune to watch in the last 5 years.  Seriously question if thats whats going to be  served up whether i will continue to spend the cash.. it was just uninspiring and boring.

Three weeks until the season starts ( we are out of the NRC) unless we get at least 2 quality players - prop and centre ..poss even a half back then we will win about half our home games and very few if any away games       

1340 att  :shake:  but can you blame people
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2009, 05:16:33 pm by Boxer »

Offline we 8 town

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2009, 05:14:29 pm
well boxer i hate agreeing with you but after the shambles that was today i do

good points matty gorski benson calvert amor

apart from that in my opinion the rest were driftwood

i think we do need new signings thing is we have no money

i would cut the dead wood and ill let you guys decide who you think that is

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2009, 05:34:40 pm
i agree

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline mikeyb

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2009, 05:46:17 pm
what a load of rubbish todays game was there was no spark in the team apart from last 10-15 minutes there was to much one man rugby tunstell and lavu have definatly got to go you usually try harder against your former team but them two strolled around as if they where at disney land i was also disapointed with the atmosphere there was no chants at all but i thought amor,benson,mattyand marc jackson had good games

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2009, 05:51:59 pm
Lavulavu and Tunstall need to go Amor has only played 2 senior games but has more go forward then both of them.
We need a new center instead of Patrick
haven till i die

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 22 Feb 2009, 05:53:47 pm
Crowd - Very Poor
Haven - Very Poor
Town -  Worse than us thank god
Ref - A Clown

We had no idea for just about the full 80 minutes, and half decent side would have taken us to the cleaners.

Matty shone out yet again.

Lavulave gave us 20 mins max, the bloke was blowing after 5 mins, just not up to playing at any level with the fitness he has!

The thing that won us this game was the fitness of some of our players.

We relied too much on our backs, to take us out of our own half.

John Patrick must be Ged Stokes Love Child, because i have yet to see this bloke make break, yet he gets his place week in week out.

We need to stop interchanging at 6,7 + 13, all its doing is disrupting what flow we have.

HW

Offline we 8 town

• Academy Signing
Reply #6 on: 22 Feb 2009, 06:07:59 pm
i would drop patrick and put eilbeck in he is ten of patrick

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 22 Feb 2009, 06:16:28 pm

We need to stop interchanging at 6,7 + 13, all its doing is disrupting what flow we have.

HW

Interchanges should be mainly to give the forwards a rest but saying that Lavu would be off after 5 mins and not back on til the next half   :D
haven till i die

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #8 on: 22 Feb 2009, 06:24:50 pm
Benson, Matty, Amor,Gorksi played well.
Matty is absolutly class, i dont no what we would do without him
Lavulavu- rubbish he was tired after the warm up
Tunstall i have to say wasnt that bad to be honest, made yards and seemed to try unlike lavu
I would like to dexter playing instead of him though
Overall poor, but I hope we can turn it around, if we played like we did agaisnt Batley before they started coming back, we could hopefully do ok.
Also weres the chants gone from the recre ?????????

Offline haven haven

• Academy Signing
Reply #9 on: 22 Feb 2009, 06:42:06 pm
the fans need something to chant about that was absolute rubbish today all credit to town for realising early on that haven weren't up for this game pity they couldn't see it through they deserved it
maybe would have given us the kick up the backside we obviously need  :witch: :shake: :shake:

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #10 on: 22 Feb 2009, 06:52:20 pm
well thank god we were not playing Leigh today as we would have been inhalited

yes we were poor and yes we maybe had 3 games in a week as ged said

BUT
Ged 13-14 of them players did not play wed night and we paid the price

but the few idiots chanting stokes out was a little negative but dont we always seem to the start this way to a season

just let's hope we can put a decent  performance for the game next week down at Leigh

thanks for town for bringing more than the usual 3 supporters to the rec and actually giving us a game

it just gives a bump back down to the earth after the game against batley just let's hope this form and we get a kick up the backside as needed

my mom was bewteen JT and Matty

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 22 Feb 2009, 06:53:59 pm
well a game of two halves, first half shocking completed 8 out of 20 sets and your always going to struggle at that

tried to force the ball too much ,and  as HW said lost our shape when he made the subs for matty and emundo

2nd half started off ok and got better town were rarley in our half and we started to play something like we know we can

benson outstanding at full back they hammered him all day and he was solid and made plenty of yards running out of defence,took all the high balls, think he will get better every game he plays

calvert has improved this year and had a solid game again
matty outstanding as was gorski
amor well i think we have found our fourth prop to go with (jacko ginge and edmundo)made loads of yards and apart from one daft off load made no mistakes, tutty was solid enough and is worth persevering with, with tanni while he tries is just a 20min player and sorry that is not good enough in NL1

we need a center macavoy or makisi may be the answer but neither are likley to be ready for a month or 2 so i would try dexter, he is a big fast runner and had a good games on Weds and was unlucky not to make the bench

the rest were ok, jamie needs more games to settle in and when he does i would play him @13 and leroy at 7

ade looked injured all game and if so why play him ,didnt think he did anything that lancaster could not have done

all in all a win, a poor one but a win
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #12 on: 22 Feb 2009, 07:02:14 pm
can JT play 13 i thought it was 6,7 and 9

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #13 on: 22 Feb 2009, 07:04:04 pm
Sure i read that 13 was his favoured position
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 22 Feb 2009, 07:12:25 pm
might have been confused as i am sure he went to 9 when matty got took off