HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Trash

Boxer · 86 · 4995

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 22 Feb 2009, 09:42:22 pm
Lavulavu is a cart horse who looks so unfit it's a joke. Am I the only one who thought Rob Jackson had a good game today? My man of the match was Gorsky who did a lot of work. Patrick is a waste of space, not only is he not good enough for this standard of rugby but he is denying his winger try scoring oppotunities by trying to go it alone. Benson has the heartb of a lion but I worry that he isn't big enough and doen't seem to be getting any bigger despite now being a bit player for 12 months or so.I was not impressed one bit with JT but I'll give him a while longer. Leroy was his usual dependable self. We seemed to lack a playmaker/creator and there was a lot of one man stuff. Rudd had a poor game and his kicking game was crap.Amor looked promising. But apart from that what a great game

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 22 Feb 2009, 09:45:18 pm
Lavulavu is a cart horse who looks so unfit it's a joke. Am I the only one who thought Rob Jackson had a good game today? My man of the match was Gorsky who did a lot of work. Patrick is a waste of space, not only is he not good enough for this standard of rugby but he is denying his winger try scoring oppotunities by trying to go it alone. Benson has the heartb of a lion but I worry that he isn't big enough and doen't seem to be getting any bigger despite now being a bit player for 12 months or so.I was not impressed one bit with JT but I'll give him a while longer. Leroy was his usual dependable self. We seemed to lack a playmaker/creator and there was a lot of one man stuff. Rudd had a poor game and his kicking game was crap.Amor looked promising. But apart from that what a great game

Can't  disagree  with  that

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #32 on: 22 Feb 2009, 10:23:05 pm

GB isnt the biggest fella though is he
haven till i die

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #33 on: 22 Feb 2009, 10:26:01 pm
I haven't bothered to read through all the posts of this topic yet but I''ll add my initial thoughts. I came up today for what really was utter garbage as mentioned. I'm completely disillusioned by Stokes and am concerned as to where this season is heading. I'd love to think I'm wrong but we seem to be slipping quickly!

I can't bring myself to say anymore at the moment but I'm sitting here feeling like we lost today. I'm not sure why but it seems like we are heading in completely the wrong direction.

Not happy

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #34 on: 22 Feb 2009, 10:48:23 pm
I know exactly how you feel John because I felt the same last week.   However, I was pleased with our lads efforts today even though we lost and I'm sure Haven will still win more than they los this season.

Mattinson for Haven and Mossop for Town were outstanding today.   Gorski ran strongly but he couldn't get out of Mossop's grasp this week.    Both teams have players that are past their sell by date (Lavulavu and Whitehead) but there was alot of good young talent on show today as well.    I think some people are just having a go at Tunstall because he came from Town but he played pretty well today in my view and did as much as any of the other props for Haven.

Young Benson isn't Broadbent and shouldn't be looked at as a replacement for GB but I have no doubt that he will bulk up and with more experience prove to be a good lad for the future.

Anyhow I enjoyed the match and I'm pleased I went along.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #35 on: 22 Feb 2009, 10:48:56 pm
Leigh (a) L out the NRC

Gateshead (a) L out the Challenge cup 

Gateshead (H) W

Barrow (a)  L

Halifax (h) L

Tolouse (h) W - hopefully

Featherstone (a) L

Thats what I reckon the next  7 results will be.  Assuming Toulosue arent any good of course.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #36 on: 23 Feb 2009, 07:05:35 am
Quote from: Boxer link=topic=4552.msg59302#msg59302
date=1235342936

Leigh (a) L out the NRC
Full strength Leigh struggeld to beat a really poor Swinton team whp shipped 60 aginst Dewsbury last week

50/50 game
Gateshead (H) W
agree

Barrow (a)  L
agree
Halifax (h) L
Disagree totally
???
Featherstone (a) L
Again a 50/50 game

Same old start of season doom and gloom from the D&G merchants.
Yesterday was poor against poor opposition. Those D&G merchants who bothered to go to games last year were saying the same things , yet Ged took us to the semi's.
Lets not start to panic just yet ( Wigan aren't)
We will be top 4 this year but do need to get rid of Patrick and Lavu lavu

Jamie will come good on the firmer grounds and the team will up their game against better opposition ( e.g Bately and The Bulls )

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Monte2carlo

Reply #37 on: 23 Feb 2009, 07:50:01 am
Leigh (a) L out the NRC

Gateshead (H) W

Barrow (a)  L

Halifax (h) L

Featherstone (a) L

Thats what I reckon the next  7 results will be.  Assuming Toulosue arent any good of course.

Boxer are you related to Gordon Brown ?  Were doomed captain Mannering, doomed.

If watching Haven upsets you that much, may i suggest supporting another tram such as the Rhinos as they are a top of the league side and sign all the best players !

Monte :witch:

justonelilpoint

Reply #38 on: 23 Feb 2009, 08:11:43 am

Monte2carlo

Reply #39 on: 23 Feb 2009, 08:20:03 am
J1LP, I think that Haven once the team clicks will be a top 4 side this season. We are not the only teams who aren't clicking at present. Leigh & Fev both lost to NL2 sides yesterday.

At present the mud pitches at the Rec doesn't suit our style of play.

Now whats that Monty Python song

Monte :tip:

justonelilpoint

Reply #40 on: 23 Feb 2009, 08:48:50 am
Monte..Lets see now ,some of your posts since turn of the year...........

You have complained about Gate prices,
3 of the town players who 'seem out of their depth'
about Ged getting it wrong.
The fact we should accept we aint going S/L,
The contract sizes of Havens players
That somone who recently joined the board should be kept away from the club
That Benson just isnt up to first division standards
That Carl Rudd takes McNallys space and is predictable

Not bad for last 6 weeks or so...keep taking the tablets everything is rosy at the Recre  ;)

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #41 on: 23 Feb 2009, 09:43:07 am
My  own  view  is  the  team  has  potential  for  a  top  4  or  even  3  spot.  Infact  compared  to  the  side  that  did  so  well  last  year  its  pretty  much  the  same.  The  only  2  we  have  lost  that  springs  to  mind  are  GB  and  Fats. 

I  think though  there  is  a  lot  of  dismay  over  our  signing's.  Raiding  Town's  ranks  was  never  going  to  go  down  well  with  many  Haven  fans. Overall  they  have  been  fairly  poor.  Tutty  made  a  good  drive  in  the  1st  half  whilst  Lavulavu  got  stuck  in  a  bit  in  the  2nd  half.  If  they  can  up  their  workrate  they  might  turn  out  OK.  Can't  really  say  much  about  Campbell or  D Miller  as  I  haven't  seen  much  of  them.

On  the  +  side  Gorski  has  so  far  been  the  stand  out  player.  Amor  looks  a  big  lad  and  could  turn  out  a  very  usefull.  JT  once  he's  settled  in  and  when  Ged  decides  on  his  best  position  could  well  be  a  very  good  acquisition.  There's  still  2/3  players  to  come  back  as  well. 

Still  Leigh  next  week  will  be  a  massive  test  and  we  may  need  to  win  to  progress.  They  struggled  to  beat  a  lowly  Swinton  side.  Listening  to  Ged's  post  match  comments  he  said  he was  going  to give  them  a  rest  this  week  and  that  could  well  do  the  trick.  Lets  face  it  several  where  playing  their  3rd  game  in  a  week  yesterday  which  must  take  alot  out  of  you. :)

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #42 on: 23 Feb 2009, 09:49:51 am

Monte what are you talking about?

Leigh beat Swinton 34 -26 yesterday.

We desperately need proven players in key positions if we are going to do anything this season. Stoke's choice of signings is quite alarming, he got it right with Manihera last season but that shouldnt give him carte blanche to sign anyone he wants from Town. Haven played yesterday with no pride or passion, if he cant motivate the players then perhaps he should be moved on? Exactly the same thing happened at Town.

We havent got a chance of top 3/4 in our current state, 90% of the clubs in out league have strengthened well. Stokes needs to sort his selection out as well Rudd/McNally are too similar at half back. I also get the feeling McNally may well be in for a long season, hes not an unknown quantity anymore and teams wont give him the space he had last season and he may struggle.

Id move JT to 13 (where hes accustomed to) Rudd to center to replace Patrick and play Joe/McNally at 1/2 back.

Monte2carlo

Reply #43 on: 23 Feb 2009, 09:57:02 am
Monte..Lets see now ,some of your posts since turn of the year...........

You have complained about Gate prices,
3 of the town players who 'seem out of their depth'
about Ged getting it wrong.
The fact we should accept we aint going S/L,
The contract sizes of Havens players
That somone who recently joined the board should be kept away from the club
That Benson just isnt up to first division standards
That Carl Rudd takes McNallys space and is predictable

Not bad for last 6 weeks or so...keep taking the tablets everything is rosy at the Recre  ;)

Cheers Jilp, I post more posatives to balance out the negatives to restore a good karma

I'll get me coat

Monte :tip:

Ps sorry my mistake Leigh won yesterday

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #44 on: 23 Feb 2009, 10:22:19 am
very worrying times i think. lavu is no fitter than baynes and does not deserve to be paid by the fans that turn up and pay 14 quid every week jt looks a clever player but is very slow a bit like gregg shuttleworth but is he as good? tunstall would not get a game at brow or kells in my opinion. our organisation is woeful and if things dont improve we are gona be in relegation territory. on a positve note matty is prob the best 9 in the division and getting better scott macca to replace patrick thank god and hopefully makisi as well who is now looking to be a lot better player than he was given credit for last year. someone said that we had only lost fats and gb from last year but they were brilliant players and add to that howard and makisi we are a lot weaker.
NO PAIN NO GAIN