HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Trash

Boxer · 86 · 4996

Offline leytherjay

• Academy Star
Reply #75 on: 26 Feb 2009, 09:14:58 pm
The reason that Leigh struggled in the 2nd half against Swinton is cos Neil Kelly hasnt rested any players for any game so far.......the lads were out on their feet in the 2nd half as it was the 3rd game in 8 days on Sunday.

Kelly is giving the lads a few days off this week to have a rest, so they will be fresh when they play you guys.

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #76 on: 26 Feb 2009, 10:21:57 pm
yeah i agree derrie has what it takes, he links up well with calvert

Monte2carlo

Reply #77 on: 26 Feb 2009, 10:48:47 pm
J1LP, I think that Haven once the team clicks will be a top 4 side this season. We are not the only teams who aren't clicking at present. Leigh & Fev both lost to NL2 sides yesterday.

At present the mud pitches at the Rec doesn't suit our style of play.

Now whats that Monty Python song

Monte :tip:

We have only lost to Fev in the midweek game.....we aint lost apart from that game.

I know that sorry for the typo.

Monte :tip:

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #78 on: 27 Feb 2009, 08:53:01 pm
correct mate, he still has what it takes and would prefer him to patrick
yeah agreed. Always said derrie wouldnt make it, not good enough

i think its about time you made your mind up on derrie, either you think hes the bees knees or you don't!!! :bow: :bow:

my personal view is he aint good enough, but then i'm not a coach so apparently i'm not in a position to have an opinion on his playing skills!!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #79 on: 28 Feb 2009, 01:29:55 am
yea ive decided I like him alot. Maybe give him the captains armband?

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #80 on: 28 Feb 2009, 12:32:35 pm
yea ive decided I like him alot. Maybe give him the captains armband?

:o :D :D :bow:
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #81 on: 02 Mar 2009, 02:47:28 pm
I think Mr Hicks wants to make his mind up whether he is a REFEREE or a TOUCH JUDGE.

To me they require 2 Different Approaches. Mr Hicks has been running the line in a few SL games recently, and is maybe fancying his chances of Reffing a few this year.

But he seems way out of his league in NL1, so has no hope of getting any SL games, even though there is a shortage.

HW

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #82 on: 03 Mar 2009, 02:43:30 pm
yeah and he passes to calvert i havnt saw patrick pass to him yet :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #83 on: 04 Mar 2009, 09:10:34 pm
derrie aint that bad, well not nearly as bad as kirk hammett is at soloing. Wish someone would unplug his damn wah pedal and show him how to bend in tune  :tip:

just thought i'd let u know bora18, kirk was on very fine form with his wah wah pedal in newcastle last night!! ;) ;) ;)

in fact the whole band were AWESOME!!! :) :) :) :)
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #84 on: 05 Mar 2009, 11:17:19 pm
yeah a few of my friends went, I wish I knew it was on tbh as I live in the area. Like some of there stuff but a lot of the newer stuff im not into. At least kirk was taught by one of the best and some of joes greatness rubbed off onto him because hes came up with some great riffs/melodies in his time. Seems like a nice guy too!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #85 on: 06 Mar 2009, 01:33:15 pm
last album, st anger was complete pish, in fact i dont even think i played it all the way through!!! death magnetic is awesome though, and the songs came across superb live
the reverand, big mac