HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Unlikley to qualify even if we beat leigh

Boxer · 10 · 1007

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
on: 22 Feb 2009, 07:22:23 pm
Ia hvent check KT's  facts but if he is right it is unlikley we will qualify even if we beat leigh

may as well send the resrerves again and save the players for the Gateshead game  :D

In our Pool Leigh, York and Fev all have 7 points with +72, +42 and +28 points difference followed by Dewsbury on 6 points from only 2 games and a +52 diff. Then come Donny on 6 points from 3 games and a diff of +50 and Haven with 6 points from 3 games and a diff of +6. Batley have 4 from 3, Swinton 1 point from 2 and Town and Skolars have 0 points from 2 games.

Looking at the remaining fixtures Leigh are at home to Haven; York are at home to Skolars, Fev are away to Town, Dewsbury have Batley (home) and Skolars (away) to play and Donny are home to Swinton, so from that it is going to mean that Haven have to win at Leigh by a massive scoreline to qualify.

« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2009, 07:31:09 pm by Boxer »

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2009, 07:23:53 pm
prove it please

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2009, 07:30:35 pm
See post above i forgot to paste Keiths post

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2009, 07:33:06 pm
hate to agree but yes we may not qualify

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2009, 07:35:22 pm
how many qualify from the group?
haven till i die

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 22 Feb 2009, 07:45:55 pm

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 22 Feb 2009, 08:37:16 pm
havenmascot you love to disagree

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 22 Feb 2009, 08:59:08 pm
no

just voice my opinion

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 22 Feb 2009, 10:29:27 pm
The only other way Haven qualify is if they beat Leigh and Town beat Fev.

Dewsbury should take care of Batley (home) and Skolars (away) so I think they will finish with 12 points.   York should beat Skolars (home) so they will have 10 points.  Doncaster should be able to manage Swinton (home) giving them 9 points.   If Fev win at Town they go to 10 points as well which would make the Haven - Leigh result immaterial for Haven.  If Haven won they would have 9 points but an inferior points difference to Doncaster.
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2009, 10:53:26 pm by Keith »
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 23 Feb 2009, 09:20:06 am
i dont thik the rfl put a lot of thought in to this format, we teams playing one side at home but not away and vice versa then you could end up with 3 wins out of 4 and not qualifying, so even if we had played york when we were supposed to and won (which we would have expected) then gone to leaigh and got beat we still may not have qualified

a very stupid system  only a massive win at leigh will see us go through
THE MULLET IS BACK