HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Lester to retire

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 18 Jan 2007, 02:28:28 pm
According  to  the  back  page  of  the  Whitehaven  News  this  is  going  to  be  Aaron's  last  year.

He'll  be  sadly  missed  when  he  finally  hangs  up  his  boots.  What  a  servant  to  the  club.  If  we  had  a  side  full  of  Lesters  we'd  have  been  in  SL  a  long  time  ago............and  stayed  there !!!!! :)

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2007, 02:52:00 pm
i think he will in the club possibly in coaching  accadamy

justonelilpoint

Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2007, 03:44:09 pm
I thought he'd get involved in coaching too...but if he's sick of travelling away games cant see that happening :-\

havenchamps2005

Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2007, 03:51:06 pm
lester wil probably coach are u21s

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2007, 07:41:13 pm
hope he has a cracking last season he deserves it. the guy has been immense for us . is he possibly our best ever signing??? 10 years of top drawer performances well done aaron
NO PAIN NO GAIN

haven1985

Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2007, 07:43:15 pm
just like to say well done aaron done a very good job for haven. hope whatever he does after that he is still involved somewhere along the line with whitehaven r.l.f.c

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 18 Jan 2007, 08:27:41 pm
aaron has without doubt been a true legend in haven colours, an immense player, he will be a huge loss to the team after his retirement

lets hope he, and especially all his team mates make this, his final season, something extra special

i hope that in games when things arent going too well the lads get together and just think about what this guy has done for us and pull it out of the bag!
use aaron as inspiration!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 18 Jan 2007, 08:37:10 pm
Dificult one really you would like to think he will stay involved with the club, but suspect with having a family etc he'll want some time to himself. 

based on his leadership and reading of a game on the feild you would think he has the credentials of a top coach.  No idea whether he wnat to go down that route though.

As said previously he and the other Kiwis have been an absoloute godsend for Whitehaven Rugby league over the last ten years and a pretty big whole is going to be left when he has gone.   

Best signing ever?  Well I know one thing they (all three) are the best overseas signing we have ever made.  Not unlike O Hare Kemble and Leuluai at Hull inthe 80's. 

havenchamps2005

Reply #8 on: 18 Jan 2007, 08:47:49 pm
id one day love to see aaron as are first team coach

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 19 Jan 2007, 01:18:18 pm
arron will be a sad loss to whitehaven rlfc hope he stays and coach u21's or help DR aswell as peter smith

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 19 Jan 2007, 05:21:00 pm
arron will be a sad loss to whitehaven rlfc hope he stays and coach u21's or help DR aswell as peter smith

Who  knows.............if  he  has  a  good  season  and  stays  free  of  injury  it  might  just  wet  his  appetite  for  another  season.  Even  if  DR  left  him  out  of  away  games  in  the  NRC  would  be  better  than  nothing.  Can't  really  see  it though !!!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 19 Jan 2007, 09:29:01 pm
arron will be missd by all. How come the papers get the info before this site? there should be a coaches corner or summet on this site, it would clear alot of things up on the forums too. just a thort ! ::)

Offline Broadbent 1

• Academy Star
  • Gary Broadbent Best Fullback in NL1
Reply #12 on: 19 Jan 2007, 09:34:28 pm
There is a coache's corner mate & as for lester out best ever hooker?
Gary Broadbent Haven Legend

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 21 Jan 2007, 10:23:31 am
Talking to Lester yesterday at this moment in time he has no plans to get into coaching although he did say you never know about the future.  He will leave a huge hole when he goes but as he said there are players who are more than capable to take over  Sice Smith and Matty.  Lets hope he goes out with a bang and a grand final winners medal,

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #14 on: 21 Jan 2007, 02:15:03 pm
what a great servant lest has been to our club,he has been so inspirational to his team mates and the younger players im sure he is going to be a massive miss,infact i think we need to keep on board for defo in some sort of coaching cpacity, i just cant imagine a haven club without him,,,,,or seedsy for that matter when he decides to pack up,,,,both of them would be a real asset to us ,,,,,,,,under 21 coach's maybe?????

could be an omen for us ,,,haven grand final winners 2007 ;) ;)