HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Offline Norm Deplume

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 19 Mar 2009, 05:47:25 pm
I'm all for giving people a chance -- learned my lesson with Manihera -- but he has had a chance and he hasn't produced. He missed Christmas with his family to get fit remember, and he is nowhere near. I could understand if he'd arrived late or had visa problems or something, but you have to ask yourself how much fitter he is ever going to get

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #16 on: 19 Mar 2009, 07:25:26 pm
Puppetmaster goes off on one and in the wrong direction once again.

Nothing unusual in that however is there ?

The point I made (for clarity), and NOT acting as a super, holier than thou supporter was :

LaLa was judged initially (for the recent sending off) in a far more harsh way by some of our own supporters than he eventually was by those (Roots lot) who have dished out a string of unjust and anti haven suspensions to other haven players in the past. (Or thats's what we were led to believe at the end of last season when Matty, Flapper and Jacko were dealt with).

Seemed odd to me that.

Got it this time ...... perhaps not !

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 19 Mar 2009, 07:31:09 pm
think its more to do with the fellas fitness more than the sending off, he needs to get fit fast or end up like bains.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 19 Mar 2009, 09:17:46 pm
think its more to do with the fellas fitness more than the sending off, he needs to get fit fast or end up like bains.

sure people would love us to sign frank watene, yet tonight his impact was none and his fitness needs looking at cause by my reckoning he did 13 mins in the first half and 12 in the 2nd

but hey fans would be happy cause he hasnt played for workington

we have always had a good rep as a club that has looked after and treated overseas players well, think thats shot now and next season if we struggle to attract players from NZ or the likes maybe fans will not need to ask why

and before any one says its nothing to do with town , its to do with fitness and impact

then i dont see any threads on here entilted Rudd do you
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 19 Mar 2009, 09:32:30 pm
rudd is coming back from a serious injury, lavu has played in all the friendlys and has trained for 4 months, also you slagging rudd off on every site when he has played well for the club for years, is idiotic when you slag people off for slagging lavu off.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #20 on: 19 Mar 2009, 09:40:38 pm
rudd is coming back from a serious injury, lavu has played in all the friendlys and has trained for 4 months, also you slagging rudd off on every site when he has played well for the club for years, is idiotic when you slag people off for slagging lavu off.
where have i slagged rudd off , ive said it is obvious he is carrying a injury and he is having no impact, thats not slagging off thats an opinion, him playing well in the past is not in dispute , the point im trying to make is he is cut loads of slack by fans where tani has been given none what so ever, and as soon as we went 6-0 down on sunday  they all started having a go at him

i have said tani doesnt look up to NL1 , butim prepared to give him a few more games , and a bit of support off the fans wouldnt go a miss either
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 19 Mar 2009, 09:46:28 pm
the reason no one is having ago at rudd is because he is coming back from a serious injury, lavu has had 4 MONTHS to get fit, is full time and hasnt managed it, lavu shouldnt be in the team to get slagged off. I personally have abused him, but can fully understand people paying 14 quid to watch a bloke who cant be arsed getting fit getting paid a fair sum of money. This is a problem of geds making and his stubborness is creating havock amongst the fans and culminated in the abuse he got at gateshead, lavu now has 2 weeks to get fit away from the spotlight, if his next performance as you point out is as bad as Frank the Plank tonight, then he has to go end of story, if he doesnt then the abuse of him and ged will continue without doubt.

Offline Norm Deplume

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 19 Mar 2009, 10:14:01 pm
Other problem for Lavu is that the team aren't playing well -- Baynes got away with being out of shape to a degree because the team was winning and his ten minute spell where he took two balls in was like a cameo -- if we were on top form Lavu might get more of a chance, but all the factors are against him:

1 He is miles off the pace
2 He is playing in a average team
3 money is known to be tight and so people are analyising this
4 He is ex town, which is always a bad place to start from, but can be turned round as dozens have proved over the years.

I'd like to see him use his two weeks off to get fit and come back flying, but I just can't see it

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #23 on: 19 Mar 2009, 10:54:49 pm

LaLa was judged initially (for the recent sending off) in a far more harsh way by some of our own supporters than he eventually was by those (Roots lot) who have dished out a string of unjust and anti haven suspensions to other haven players in the past. (Or thats's what we were led to believe at the end of last season when Matty, Flapper and Jacko were dealt with).

Seemed odd to me that.

I think if you look at all the decisions made by the disciplinary panel this season, so far, they have all been lenient, so at another time he might havefound himself getting 4 or 5 games instead of 2. 
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #24 on: 20 Mar 2009, 06:11:02 pm
Opinions like that don't cut it with me Keith, your simply pushing a little more fuel towards the fire I'm afraid.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 20 Mar 2009, 06:42:38 pm
atleast baynes made yards had the ability to get a decent offload in and made tackles fair ones at that!

lavulavu has got to go, he isnt fit enough or good enough for nl1

when we get ginge jacko and fordy back lavulavu shouldnt be anywhere near the starting 17

we should have 5 props to choose from in jacko, ginge, amor, edmonson and fordy

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 21 Mar 2009, 05:20:19 pm
Taani Lavulavu birthday tomoz  :tip:

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 21 Mar 2009, 06:15:30 pm
Taani Lavulavu birthday tomoz  :tip:

Happy Birthday marra!
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline Haven 84

• Academy Signing
Reply #28 on: 21 Mar 2009, 07:59:26 pm
Does it not make you wonder he maybe done this on purpose to get his birthday off?  :witch:

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #29 on: 21 Mar 2009, 08:02:55 pm
Does it not make you wonder he maybe done this on purpose to get his birthday off?  :witch:

I think that one might be stretching it! But Happy Birthday Taani. When you come back from your ban, please prove me and many others on here wrong!