HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Day out in Kendal

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
on: 21 Jan 2007, 10:42:22 am
Yesterday the team were taken on a surprise team bonding day.  They went to the Kendal Judo club were they were put through 2 hours of pure pain.  The guy who trains there is one of the most respected in the country and also trains members of the Great Britain  Judo team.  It is also one of only 3 centres of excellence in the country.  World champions in Judo train with him.  In the afternoon the lads went to Kendal castle which is on the top of a hill a bit steeper than Marchon hill.  There they were put through another 1 1/2 hours of exercises like, carrying 12 foot telegraph poles over a 80 meter run and back, running with tyres strapped to their  waist, sitting in a sledge and another player pulling them over the hill.  To finish off they went for a swim in the river and it was freezing.  Must say the fitness levels of the players were fantastic.  Steve Maden and Sicey stood out for me.  I reckon there  will be a few aching bones today.  All the players said they enjoyed it and are looking forward to going again.  We did video the day so as soon as Dave has it sorted we will see about getting some posted on here.

havenchamps2005

Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2007, 02:47:54 pm
how did baynes do champ?

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2007, 03:27:43 pm
never mind bains were did u finish champ ? n please be honest :-*

havenchamps2005

Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2007, 05:12:32 pm
i bet champ finished in a bar   :D :D

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2007, 06:02:38 pm
i bet champ finished in a bar   :D :D
yes proping it up

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 22 Jan 2007, 02:40:52 pm
Baynsey did very well marra.  For such a big guy he is very fit.  As for me and George we made sure the food was ok before the lads got fed  ;D ;D

havenchamps2005

Reply #6 on: 22 Jan 2007, 03:08:10 pm
 ;D ;D
always trust champ that should be your title offcial food taster for the boys

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 22 Jan 2007, 06:14:32 pm
good to hear the lads done well hopefully they will be fitter than last time they took the field lol no but next week the marks must be set for the season any idea of the team and bus numbers that are going then after that its the biggest game we have played for years and we need every haven fan to get down weather its raining snowin , hail no matter what we need a huge crowd ie like in 2005 for cas 6,500 to 7,000 to give a good atmosphere no matter whats happens get ppl down