HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Lester Fats and Joe

XIII · 16 · 1518

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
on: 22 Jan 2007, 12:30:43 am
Just wondered whether it would be possible for the club to organise a testimonial game for these three guys .  Whitehaven vs an overseas 13 (17).  really think that the club should push the boat out for what  represents a unique achievement for three overseas players inthe British game .

Perhaps played at the end of the season or pre season 2008  would be a fitting tribute to three legends.

havenchamps2005

Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2007, 02:56:25 am
how the opposition being a 22 man team that the lads have played with at haven but are no longer with us i was thinking along these lines

1 wes wilson
2 chris campbell
3 gus maliatoa brown
4 nanyn
5 walsh
6 lupton
7 obst
8 tandy
9 penny
10 soise
11 guttenbiel (looks as though he knows lester goin by his interview to the cas site he never played for us but would stil be good)
12 leafa
13 rob purdham

14 friend
15 sturm
16 stevens
17 summers
18 dunn
19 chambers
20 morton
21 wilkes
22 kiddie

justonelilpoint

Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2007, 09:10:37 am
No doubt there'll be a testimonial committee set up and no doubt they'll have a game for the lads as their biggest money maker.
Getting likes of Soss,Gus Brown etc would be great for fans to see again.But you've listed about 5-6 who aren't living in the country and they'd have to pay their air fairs and hotels to come over.Probably looking at about ?3k at least for this to happen.
Probably not realistic. ???

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2007, 09:58:19 am
a lot of the time they  leave tings like this to the plyers dont they?? im sure the boys will have something planned though. isnt a bad idea though!

Offline Broadbent 1

• Academy Star
  • Gary Broadbent Best Fullback in NL1
Reply #4 on: 22 Jan 2007, 05:06:02 pm
After all they've done for the club they definetly deserve a fitting send off
Gary Broadbent Haven Legend

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 24 Aug 2007, 09:27:40 am
As Lester has walked outy on the club, should he not forfeit his right to a testimonial year?

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2007, 10:17:51 am
As Lester has walked outy on the club, should he not forfeit his right to a testimonial year?
What kind of statement is that? Wash out thy mouth marra
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline _-HAVEN-_

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 24 Aug 2007, 11:14:53 am

even if he has he has still dedicated himself to this club for all them years which in my eyes is an achievement

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 24 Aug 2007, 01:39:24 pm

And this weeks 'Worst post of the week award' is won convincingly by Johnno. Congratulations on that, I'm sure it will be the first of many.

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 24 Aug 2007, 01:43:47 pm
Didn't say I agreed with it, just posting a question that several people I go to matches with have been asking.

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 24 Aug 2007, 03:01:22 pm
Well, to leave Whitehaven in the middle of his testimonal and is now playing for Penrith in RU? If he left due to injuries, fair enough but he wasn't. Would have thought he would stick around to give encouragement to the team?

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 24 Aug 2007, 04:15:34 pm
Well, to leave Whitehaven in the middle of his testimonal and is now playing for Penrith in RU? If he left due to injuries, fair enough but he wasn't. Would have thought he would stick around to give encouragement to the team?

And how do you know that he isn't???   It wasn't the team he fell out with, was it??
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #12 on: 24 Aug 2007, 04:55:41 pm
I THINK IT WOULD BE CLASS TO HAVE A GAME LIKE YOU SAID AND IT WOULD BE A MASSIVE MONEY MAKER . FINGERS CROSSED THEY DO !!! :)

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #13 on: 24 Aug 2007, 04:59:46 pm

In a word........................

NO

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 24 Aug 2007, 05:01:07 pm
A  game  involving  past  and  present  players  would  be  nice.

If  not  what  about  a  game  against Warrington.  Surely  Paul  Cullen  would  be  only  to  happy  to  send  a  team  up  here  for  a  Testemonial/pre-season freindly.