HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town in crisis.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 06 Apr 2009, 08:07:38 pm
Heard  from  good  source  a  big  rift  developing  at  the club.  All  players  have  been  asked  to  take  a  pay  cut  which  hasn't  gone  down  well.  The  local  players  who  are  mainly on  pay  as  you  play  feel  the  travelling  lads  should  take  the  brunt  of  the  cuts  as  there  on  the  most.

Meeting  planned  for  next  week.  Should  be  very  interesting  to  say  the  least. :o

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 06 Apr 2009, 09:42:41 pm
lots of clubs making pay cuts the rest of your post post is untrue.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #2 on: 07 Apr 2009, 08:28:02 am
town4me ....
....local players not bothered that travelers getting more money than them, but are happy to take the cuts themselves ?

.... not all players have been asked to take a pay cut ?

.... town players are not on pay as you play deals ?

.... town not to have a meeting to discuss pay cuts ?

.... town not in crisis (that makes a change) !!

All's well and seems quite organised at town then. ;) ;)

Offline the spy

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 07 Apr 2009, 06:23:17 pm
They must be in a bad way told they done wage structure on a lot bigger gates than what they are getting  :tip:

Offline Chocolate Lips

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 08 Apr 2009, 12:37:31 am
They must be in a bad way told they done wage structure on a lot bigger gates than what they are getting  :tip:
No different to us there then!

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 08 Apr 2009, 11:16:14 pm
up the town

Offline bill wuz

• Academy Signing
Reply #6 on: 09 Apr 2009, 07:48:48 am
i don,t see what satisfaction people get to see the demise of once a great rugby league club, a bit of banter is fine but to wish ill is sick, even ged who was treated badly by them wishes them no malice, if whitehaven went bust would you not go and watch town?, when carlisle had a team myself and my marra's would follow 3 home games in a month, (great excuses for good sessions), so try and take off the bitter and twisted goggles off for a week or two, 

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #7 on: 09 Apr 2009, 08:29:47 am
Bill Wuz (who doesn't read the posts) ... where are the ill wishes you refer to ?

Suggest you read and understand rather than post blather.

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 09 Apr 2009, 08:35:40 am
Bill Wuz (who doesn't read the posts) ... where are the ill wishes you refer to ?

Suggest you read and understand rather than post blather.

The smiley faces at the end of your 2nd post might be a giveaway.

Not all of us subscribe to the idea that if you live, or support a team a few miles down the coast that you must be the lowest form of life.

As a Haven supporter I would personally like to see all 3 clubs do well. The bitter & twisted antagonism from elements of both club's followings is one reason why Cumbria will never have a Super league team

Offline bill wuz

• Academy Signing
Reply #9 on: 09 Apr 2009, 10:34:01 am
and the powers that be johnno as well mate, right from when we were becoming a force in the1950s, and as for you cbandg01 go and open another easter egg little chappy, but don't forget, don't leave any creases in the tin foil, or you'll get caught out