HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Cumbria game

Offline Shersh00

• Academy Signing
on: 25 Sep 2006, 03:02:51 pm
See the Townies are agitating already for their players to be included in the Cumbrian team to play the Tongans.  IMO there isn't one worth picking ..... some even say that Lunt ( hooker ) is better than Sicey or Matty :o.  No wonder they're in the state they're in, but rest assured somebody's bound to get picked because of where its being played . ::) ::)

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2006, 03:07:04 pm
Whens the Cumbrian game?
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2006, 05:12:22 pm
our players have a lot more class than town and so rightfully they should get picked before them no questions asked NOT HAVING A GO AT TOWN BUT ITS TRUE

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2006, 05:24:46 pm
I agree that there should be more Haven players in the Cumbria team than Town players but please don't rubbish some good young Cumbrian lads just because you don't support the team they play for.    Shaun Lunt would be quite capable of stepping up to NL1 grade and competing every week.     He plays a full 80 minutes as well,  not just used as impact players and he can pass a ball correctly, which is something Sicey could never do and young Matty needs to work on.   

There are not many from Town who deserve to be in the team but Lunt and maybe young Liam Campbell should be included, with possibly Burgess as well.    I'm sure Paul Creary will be including some Barrow players in the squad and to be honest they are a similar standard to Town players.   Take away Haven's travelling players and Kiwis/ Aussie and the number of Haven players qualified to play drops significantly and some of those are no better than the players I have mentioned.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2006, 05:34:28 pm
I agree that there should be more Haven players in the Cumbria team than Town players but please don't rubbish some good young Cumbrian lads just because you don't support the team they play for.    Shaun Lunt would be quite capable of stepping up to NL1 grade and competing every week.     He plays a full 80 minutes as well,  not just used as impact players and he can pass a ball correctly, which is something Sicey could never do and young Matty needs to work on.   

There are not many from Town who deserve to be in the team but Lunt and maybe young Liam Campbell should be included, with possibly Burgess as well.    I'm sure Paul Creary will be including some Barrow players in the squad and to be honest they are a similar standard to Town players.   Take away Haven's travelling players and Kiwis/ Aussie and the number of Haven players qualified to play drops significantly and some of those are no better than the players I have mentioned.

i havent seen sean lunt play but have herd he is pretty good i think he will get in the team with matty and sice but the question is who will he pick i dont think he will pick sice because of him being in jail at the min and needs to get back fit which could take a while then on the other hand u have matty who has played very well all season for haven and who i think not sure got the young player of the year it might have been macca quote so it will be a diffical decision one who i wouldnt like to choose because some players will be disopointed

Offline Shersh00

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2006, 04:05:15 pm
Sorry Keith, I know its all about opinions and you're entitled to yours, but to say that Shaun Lunt is capable of the move up to NL1 is just that....opinion.  He isn't proven at NL1 level, and I'd prefer to look at someone who IS proven for a Cumbrian side.  It's nothing to do with the club you support getting in the way of team selection, its about selecting a team on form and ability.  If there are Super League players available in positions where Whitehaven players are suggested, then I would expect THEM to be chosen.  Would that we had plenty !!! but we don't, so I expect the majority to come from Whitehaven....the ones who are proven at a better level.  But I wouldn't worry too much mate, there's bound to be a couple named because of where the game's being played. ::)

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2006, 06:52:40 pm
dose anyone know when the game is taking place

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 26 Sep 2006, 07:35:36 pm
15th of oct

at donkey park

prob be a night kick off they always are

Offline grand final pride 2006

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 29 Sep 2006, 04:23:45 pm
i was one of the whitehaven fans who went to skolars game on the friday evening .... i so lunt playing he is a young lad who in time could make it to NL1 but not yet ok ...he scored 2 trys and had a hand in 2 others but you saying he plays for 80mins not true he turned up 25 mins into 1st half and last 15mins of second half so by my maths thats 40mins as for CAMPBALLS LIAM HE SHOULD STICK TO SOUPS TELEGRAPH PASSES ALLDAY LONG HE IS RUBBISH ... TRUTH AND A FACT OF LIFE LIAM DONE US A MASSIVE FAVOUR NOT WORTH 8K A SEASON NEVER MIND THE14K YOU GUYS ARE PAYING HIM