HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Sponsorship for the New Stand?

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
on: 27 Jan 2007, 08:00:55 pm
I realise that the support local business's provide to Whitehaven RL is absolutely abysmal but in order to raise some or all of the ?90,000 required to make the stand a reality how about getting one of them to sponsor it. Lets say they contribute half the money in return for the stand being branded with their company or business name.

They will all be quick to reap the rewards should we get to SL lets see them put something back for once ( i wouldnt hold my breath though, just look at the way they 'help' the Maritime Festival )

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2007, 08:47:55 pm
its not a bad suggestion,,but i cant see any buisness coffing up ?45,000 niether reg,,,,what about joe public ,the likes of me and thee buing a brick say for ?50,, and the buisness side of things buying a seat,,say ?100 a seat,,maybe that that could pursuade some of the buisness's to come forward!!!!!!!!!

Monte2carlo

Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2007, 10:54:41 am
Local business support that is from Egremont maybe Regg Dunn ?

Monte

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2007, 03:03:58 pm
its not a bad suggestion,,but i cant see any buisness coffing up ?45,000 niether reg,,,,what about joe public ,the likes of me and thee buing a brick say for ?50,, and the buisness side of things buying a seat,,say ?100 a seat,,maybe that that could pursuade some of the buisness's to come forward!!!!!!!!!
but local shops and hotels will all gain if we get in to sl . why cant they put something bk

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2007, 03:17:21 pm
but local shops and hotels will all gain if we get in to sl . why cant they put something bk

You ever tried getting blood out of a stone, the local businesses wouldnt part with money for the Maritime Festival, and how many people come to town for that, and how much do they make, so you ahvent got a hope in hell of getting money out of them for a New Stand.

TW

PS, apart from the few local businesses that have served Haven well over the last few years!

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2007, 04:15:58 pm

You ever tried getting blood out of a stone, the local businesses wouldnt part with money for the Maritime Festival, and how many people come to town for that, and how much do they make, so you ahvent got a hope in hell of getting money out of them for a New Stand.why ask them all to pay something each , then u hold a draw and the winner has the stand named after them for example the tesco stand

TW

PS, apart from the few local businesses that have served Haven well over the last few years!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 28 Jan 2007, 08:16:02 pm

You ever tried getting blood out of a stone, the local businesses wouldnt part with money for the Maritime Festival, and how many people come to town for that, and how much do they make, so you ahvent got a hope in hell of getting money out of them for a New Stand.

TW

local businessess wouldnt even put a good luck message in their pityful shop windows when we reached 2 GF's, that wouldnt have cost a penny to do, why expect them to give money for a new stand!!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good