HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

A heartfelt "Thank you"

Guest · 14 · 1181

J.D. Raaz

on: 01 May 2009, 04:41:08 am
I certainly don't wish to interfere with the highly informed discourse that occurs on this forum, but I did want to take this opportunity to say thank you for the services you provide.

I am trapped in the States at the moment with Visa issues (believe it or not, your consulate in LA is not quite convinced I'm married to my husband :)). I try to keep abreast of Whitehaven Rugby but can find no regular service available here regarding broadcasts, etc.

Your wonderful fan board allows me keep informed regarding games I'm missing, issues and I feel a little less disconnected.

I will be watching the board with enthusiasm for reports on our upcoming game. My husband will be traveling with the team enjoying his first visit to an overseas engagement.

Please understand that through victory or adversity your devotion to the team brings a smile to people in many an odd place. New Mexico, USA being one of them.

Richard will be traveling back to the States to help me with my Visa issues and I look forward to enjoying a game in person rather through my computer screen...but, for now, you are providing many with a great service. It does not go unnoticed.

J.D. Raaz 

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 01 May 2009, 10:48:50 am
what a really nice message from the Mrs Chairwoman, hope you get sorted soon Mrs Raaz, and you will be made so welcome when you get to whitehaven.

just hope you bring a win with you!! LOL
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 01 May 2009, 02:43:25 pm
kind words mrs raaz hope you arrive to a win and to hear the sound of the haven roar ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 01 May 2009, 07:40:23 pm
Thank you for your kind words Mrs Raaz.

On behalf of Myself and Flannerz (Forum Administrators) and all members, welcome to the HavenFans Forum

We hope to hear a whole lot more from you.

« Last Edit: 01 May 2009, 07:54:45 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 01 May 2009, 11:10:37 pm
I'm keeping my eye out for an submarines slipping into the harbour to smuggle in 'illegal' immigrants!!

;D

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 10 May 2009, 03:14:47 pm
You've got to watch what you say on here - It might be repeated on the front page of the Whitehaven News!! :D

J.D. Raaz

Reply #6 on: 12 May 2009, 11:35:21 pm
Again, thank you for all your kind thoughts.

I apologize for the article in the our local newspaper. A bit more than I expected...but, this evening finds me in our home in Cumbria, looking at our gardens progress and smiling with thoughts of how kind so many individuals are in our fabulous, rather underappreciated, region of the U.K..

Though I will not be commenting often (I would certainly not want to interfere with the robust, healthy and essential trading of opinions on this site) I did not want you to believe your kind words and thoughts had gone unnoticed.

I apologize for taking my husband's attention away from the team in this time when we all need to be steady in our support, I thank you in advance for your forgiveness, and can only say it feels good to be home.

I look forward to our next game and will be thinking of Whitehaven fans with a full heart.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 13 May 2009, 08:10:26 am
welcome to whitehaven mrs marra  :tip:

J.D. Raaz

Reply #8 on: 14 May 2009, 07:48:47 pm
If I may ask a question. What is a "wag"? I read the article when it was forwarded to me and could not understand what the writer was saying. I personally found the comment by the poster by amusing..and creative but I thought a "wag" was a football players girlfriend.

Perhaps this is a translation problem between a country that speaks the "King's English" and a country that simply abuses it :)

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 14 May 2009, 08:07:22 pm
If I may ask a question. What is a "wag"? I read the article when it was forwarded to me and could not understand what the writer was saying. I personally found the comment by the poster by amusing..and creative but I thought a "wag" was a football players girlfriend.

Perhaps this is a translation problem between a country that speaks the "King's English" and a country that simply abuses it :)

WAG = Wives and Girlfriends usually of overpaid Footy Stars

Eg Victoria Beckham is the WAG of David Beckham.

HW

Offline home and away

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 14 May 2009, 08:26:54 pm
A wag is also someone that is a bit of a comedian.....plenty on this board to choose from!!

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #11 on: 14 May 2009, 08:50:43 pm
How nice it is to have someone so close to the power in the club feel confident enough to open a friendly dialogue with the supporters forum.

No hooks, just a simple ...'hello and nice to meet you all', ...well done Mrs DR, your effort will be well appreciated in this community, and may you both enjoy your stay with us, while working with us to make our club prosper in the Championship.

J.D. Raaz

Reply #12 on: 14 May 2009, 09:48:49 pm
How nice it is to have someone so close to the power in the club feel confident enough to open a friendly dialogue with the supporters forum.

No hooks, just a simple ...'hello and nice to meet you all', ...well done Mrs DR, your effort will be well appreciated in this community, and may you both enjoy your stay with us, while working with us to make our club prosper in the Championship.

If by this comment "So close to the power in the club" you mean Ms. Giel I will admit to being one of her fans.

In all due seriousness I personally believe, and believe me this is from the point of view of someone who still is trying to understand the scoring system in this game, that the greatest asset you have on your board right now is Ms. Giel. Unfortunately, I'm not that "close". She has been to my home, we have engaged over a few social events, but we certainly have not had an opportunity to exchange ideas in a relaxed atmosphere.

I can tell you that my impression is that, of all the recent changes, she is one of the most positive. As we say in the States..This woman "eats challenges for breakfast". She is more than capable.

As for "confident", heaven's I'm not close to that. The first game I attended included having a lovely (and patient) young member of the security personnel explaining to me what to expect, a few of the rules, while all was swimming around me. I felt very intimidated and her thoughtfulness was wonderful.

The most I can do is ask each and every one of you to keep discussing your concerns, celebrating the positive, and questioning issues that you have concerns about. It truly is important, and is listened to, whether you realize it or not.

I again reiterate my thank you for all of your kind wishes, will continue to watch this lively board for ideas and as a learning experience, and promise that if I see something particularly interesting will pass it along to the "power" I know, Ms. Giel.

Bless you all.

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 14 May 2009, 10:25:17 pm

Can I take this opportunity, as the afore mentioned 'wag' to say in the style of one of Mrs Raaz's compatriots that : "I did not have sexual relations with....any footballers!!!"

If indeed, Mrs R this was the inference of the reporter then I may have to resort to that other great American tradition..............................and sue them for everything they've got!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note, welcome to our little town and I hope you continue to enjoy your time here. All the best.