HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

?90K for stand -poss the reason we can't sign anyone?

XIII · 10 · 1351

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Looks like the explanation for the absence of signings this year is a little clearer as the BOD need all the cash for the stand.

Personally if its a choice between a stand and the current squad or a couple of new players I would take the stand.

The million dollar question is how many of the young players are going to become top players in the future.  it maybe we have to accept a couple of years of stagnation on the playing front until a few younger players develop.   

havenchamps2005

Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2007, 07:36:34 pm
imo
shaw
ford
farmer
hodgson
bainbridge
elsley
lebbon
benson
could all play first team now

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2007, 09:40:05 pm
Looks like the explanation for the absence of signings this year is a little clearer as the BOD need all the cash for the stand.

Personally if its a choice between a stand and the current squad or a couple of new players I would take the stand.

The million dollar question is how many of the young players are going to become top players in the future.  it maybe we have to accept a couple of years of stagnation on the playing front until a few younger players develop.   

i don't think that they are connected - there's no need to sign someone for signing's sake

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2007, 11:45:45 pm
i think there must be a connection about not making a signing moneys is tight whats a stand if we do not have the players to get into super league it wud be like trying to boil and egg with no water

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2007, 01:04:34 am
 Well to be fair whats the point in having more players when there's no stand. Without it there's no entry.  Not that the team isn't good enough already......
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2007, 08:07:37 am
The  whole  thing  has  turned  into  a  total  farce ???

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 26 Jan 2007, 02:35:37 pm
why dont the board use 90,thou to get rid of the weeds instead of a stand at railway end then they could get pop side stand bulit
?
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2007, 04:38:51 pm
got to say i would rather have the stand because if it goes on the pop side it will reduce the capacity and if its made at the railway end it will look spot on will it be summet like salfords big stand where the top is seated and the bottom is standing then if we make sl this year a big screen in the other corner of the railway end as u come off the pop side would look smart and the ground would be top notch

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 26 Jan 2007, 05:21:55 pm
A wonder how many seats would go on the pop side a fare few id say.
id have that side standing but well coverd and the railway end seats and would do the popular side first  ;)

havenchamps2005

Reply #9 on: 26 Jan 2007, 07:23:36 pm
i think the after the railway end and pop side have been done the club should be looking to extend the b and h motors stand right across that side  ;D
only sky and the bbx bring the big screens you can build a stantion for it like cas have got one but only sky and the bbc bring the screens