HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Buy a brick - How much

champ · 48 · 4121

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 27 Jan 2007, 05:43:05 pm
What are your thoughts.  I think it would be a good idea to give each person who bought one a certificate and have a wall with the names of everyone who took part in the new stand.

The new stand should be funded out of lottery money, when i signed up to the lottery i was told it was for ground improvements and little has been improved.
Now your asking people to buy a brick to fund the new stand. Whats the lottery for ??????? ground improvements or not ?????

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 27 Jan 2007, 06:14:09 pm
What are your thoughts.  I think it would be a good idea to give each person who bought one a certificate and have a wall with the names of everyone who took part in the new stand.

The new stand should be funded out of lottery money, when i signed up to the lottery i was told it was for ground improvements and little has been improved.
Now your asking people to buy a brick to fund the new stand. Whats the lottery for ??????? ground improvements or not ?????

I think a lot of people are under the impression we have money in the bank from the Pride of 5 Draw, but lets be honest the lack of news coming out of the club about the Draw, how much is going in, how much it costs to administer, and how much they have set aside, says to me there is NOTHING put aside. Although if they came out and said what it had been spent on, i think they would earn a lot more respect.

TW

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 27 Jan 2007, 08:12:59 pm
I don't know anything about the lottery so ill decline to comment on that (for once).

The 'buy a brick' scheme has been used to good effect recently at Brunton Park (home of Carlisle United). The Club Shops outer walls at the entrance to the ground are covered in various peoples names and messages and i believe they were all sold fairly quickly. As for pricing i don't think ?45 - 50 is expensive at all considering the help the club would gain from the money and the fact that your name would probably be there for a long period of time.

For the person who said ?50 is too expensive a they would have to buy 'all members of their family one' the answers simple. Only buy 1 or 2.

The only problem i can see with the scheme is if that the funding would have to be there for the stand before its construction could begin, therefore you'd be paying your ?50 without any guarantees that the stand would be built.

As ive said in previous threads the business's of Whitehaven should stand up and contribute they are and would be quick to cash in on any influx of visitors  into the town yet they don't believe they should have to help in any way (the Maritime Festival is a prime example).

justonelilpoint

Reply #18 on: 27 Jan 2007, 08:46:01 pm
Rather than have the writing on the brick it would be on metal plaques which could be attached at any point after the stand is built,Only be a case of drilling two holes in each brick and screwing them on...soon as the stand is built the scheme could be open for years to come for  fans who'd like one.
If funding is found from elsewhere to build it..the club could still cash in on this idea to raise funds.1000 fans paying ?50 a brick...?50k for players.

As for maritime..still don't know why its free when 250,000 people paying ?1 a ticket for 3 day event would gurantee it every year. ???
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2007, 08:48:41 pm by justonelilpoint »

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #19 on: 27 Jan 2007, 08:51:16 pm
Rather than have the writing on the brick it would be on metal plaques which could be attached at any point after the stand is built,Only be a case of drilling two holes in each brick and screwing them on...leaving the scheme open for years to come for other fans who'd like one.
Even if funding is found from elsewhere to build it..the club could still cash in on this idea to raise funds.1000 fans paying ?50 a brick...?50k for players.

As for maritime..still don't know why its free when 250,000 people paying ?1 a ticket for 3 day event would gurantee it every year. ???

dont  want to get off the subject of rugby,,,but your right ,,who woudn't pay a ?1 for such a wonderful weekend

justonelilpoint

Reply #20 on: 27 Jan 2007, 08:54:16 pm
sorry every two years ;D

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 27 Jan 2007, 09:57:06 pm
its a disgrace that our council are prepared to spend millions on a new buliding for themselves yet are coughing up nowt for a new stand which benefits the whole town they should be ashamed of themselves i for one would gladly pay 50 quid for a brick new stand hear we come                  ever the optimist
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #22 on: 27 Jan 2007, 10:54:38 pm
its a disgrace that our council are prepared to spend millions on a new buliding for themselves yet are coughing up nowt for a new stand which benefits the whole town they should be ashamed of themselves i for one would gladly pay 50 quid for a brick new stand hear we come                  ever the optimist

The Council did not spend anything on the new building  - it was a PFI (Private Finance Initiative) - the council only rent the building and Copeland Council, Department of Works and Pensions and Copeland Homes all pay rent for the use of the building.

All repairs etc are carried out and paid for by the buildings owners (unless of course it is wilfull damage by the tenants)

A popular misconception of local people!
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 28 Jan 2007, 07:38:08 am
Personally  I  would  buy  a  seat  than  a  brick.

You  could  put  down  say  ?200  for  a  seat  lasting  10  years.  During  that  period  you  would  be  entitled  to  cut  price  admission ???

Monte2carlo

Reply #24 on: 28 Jan 2007, 11:00:00 am
So then Mrs Warrior who pays for the PFI funded offices ? I'm sure that the over inflated prices paid for the offices for the next 25 years will prove money well spent.

Monte

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #25 on: 28 Jan 2007, 11:16:33 am
The company who built it pays for it - their recompense is from the rental of the building from the Council/DWP etc

More cost effective than carrying out repairs to the old building which was quite frankly on its last legs, cold, dark, damp and dropping to bits.

As the land the Recreation Ground stands on is charity land - you can hardly expect the council to pay out money for something they don't own - common sense - surely ???
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 28 Jan 2007, 11:50:01 am
all im saying mrs haven warrior is that the council gets enough money out of whitehaven residents hows about they give something back they have a maritime festival every 2 yrs dont put a penny into it yet rake in thousands of it?
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 28 Jan 2007, 12:57:51 pm
all im saying mrs haven warrior is that the council gets enough money out of whitehaven residents hows about they give something back they have a maritime festival every 2 yrs dont put a penny into it yet rake in thousands of it?

I  remember  when  we  played  Warrington  a  few  years  back  in  the  live  challenge  cup  game.  Didn't  quite  a  few  of  our  illustrious  councillors  take  up  the  offer  of becomming  Haven  fans  for  the  day  and  so  enjoy  pre  and  post  match  entertainment  in  the  marquee.

How  many  have  returned ???

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #28 on: 28 Jan 2007, 01:05:48 pm
i would guess not many
haven till i die

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 28 Jan 2007, 01:51:22 pm

How do the council make money out of the festival, its the local businesses that make the money, yet not many of them were forthcoming with money when the festival was at risk. It was saved by Eddie Stobbarts, not even based in Copeland and finally the NDA have agreed to underwrite any other cash shortfalls.

TW