HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Buy a brick - How much

champ · 48 · 4101

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #30 on: 28 Jan 2007, 02:18:13 pm
What are your thoughts.  I think it would be a good idea to give each person who bought one a certificate and have a wall with the names of everyone who took part in the new stand.

The new stand should be funded out of lottery money, when i signed up to the lottery i was told it was for ground improvements and little has been improved.
Now your asking people to buy a brick to fund the new stand. Whats the lottery for ??????? ground improvements or not ?????

I think a lot of people are under the impression we have money in the bank from the Pride of 5 Draw, but lets be honest the lack of news coming out of the club about the Draw, how much is going in, how much it costs to administer, and how much they have set aside, says to me there is NOTHING put aside. Although if they came out and said what it had been spent on, i think they would earn a lot more respect.

TW

5 or 6 full time staff, a top 3 NL1 team, running costs that must be up near the 400/500k mark...work it out for yourself...the turnstiles money doesnt cover it all does it.
THE MULLET IS BACK

• Haven Legend
Reply #31 on: 28 Jan 2007, 02:20:45 pm
its a disgrace that our council are prepared to spend millions on a new buliding for themselves yet are coughing up nowt for a new stand which benefits the whole town they should be ashamed of themselves i for one would gladly pay 50 quid for a brick new stand hear we come                  ever the optimist

The Council did not spend anything on the new building  - it was a PFI (Private Finance Initiative) - the council only rent the building and Copeland Council, Department of Works and Pensions and Copeland Homes all pay rent for the use of the building.

All repairs etc are carried out and paid for by the buildings owners (unless of course it is wilfull damage by the tenants)

A popular misconception of local people!

another PFI the scurge of new schools and hospitals, that seem a good idea at the time but come back to haunt you in 10 years time, or 2 years in the case of some neew schools that stand empty but the rent still has to be paid

god help our kids
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #32 on: 28 Jan 2007, 02:56:09 pm
What are your thoughts.  I think it would be a good idea to give each person who bought one a certificate and have a wall with the names of everyone who took part in the new stand.

The new stand should be funded out of lottery money, when i signed up to the lottery i was told it was for ground improvements and little has been improved.
Now your asking people to buy a brick to fund the new stand. Whats the lottery for ??????? ground improvements or not ?????

I think a lot of people are under the impression we have money in the bank from the Pride of 5 Draw, but lets be honest the lack of news coming out of the club about the Draw, how much is going in, how much it costs to administer, and how much they have set aside, says to me there is NOTHING put aside. Although if they came out and said what it had been spent on, i think they would earn a lot more respect.

TW

5 or 6 full time staff, a top 3 NL1 team, running costs that must be up near the 400/500k mark...work it out for yourself...the turnstiles money doesnt cover it all does it.

If that is the case why dont the  club say so, the Draw was set off on the premise off a Fund for the GROUND IMPROVEMNTS !, not the day to day runnings of the club. I have no problem with the club using the money for anything to do with bettering the team, but many people are expecting there to be a little nest egg for the IMROVEMENTS if and when they ever happen. Maybe you know were the money has gone BRETT?

TW

• Haven Legend
Reply #33 on: 28 Jan 2007, 04:51:53 pm
no i dont know, but i have enough sense to realise that the improvements made to the club set up both on and off the field over the last 5 years comes at a price....and whilst the gate recipets are  up year on year and will cover some of this i think other other money raised helps cover some short falls..again i have no problem with what they use the pride of 5 money for as long as its made clear
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 28 Jan 2007, 05:27:31 pm
again i have no problem with what they use the pride of 5 money for as long as its made clear

Thats exactly what i said, but it hasnt been made clear, there are somethings this BODs fall over to tell people, but were the Lottery money goes isnt one of them!

TW

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 28 Jan 2007, 06:25:55 pm
again i have no problem with what they use the pride of 5 money for as long as its made clear

Thats exactly what i said, but it hasnt been made clear, there are somethings this BODs fall over to tell people, but were the Lottery money goes isnt one of them!

TW

My sentiments exactly.. I know i go on about the Lottery but that is because i was told it was for ground improvements, little has been improved and now we need ?90,000 which should be in the bank unless it has been spent elsewhere.
If they are using it for other purposes now thats fine as long as WE the members are told about this.

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #36 on: 28 Jan 2007, 06:31:07 pm

TW
if you think back to last year the whole ground was rewired n a job like that wont come cheap

My sentiments exactly.. I know i go on about the Lottery but that is because i was told it was for ground improvements, little has been improved and now we need ?90,000 which should be in the bank unless it has been spent elsewhere.
If they are using it for other purposes now thats fine as long as WE the members are told about this.

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 28 Jan 2007, 06:35:02 pm
Grandstand   The ground was rewired but the lottery has been running a long time now, You do the maths and i think you will find the lottery will have earned enough to pay for the rewiring 10 x over.

Offline havenette

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 28 Jan 2007, 07:27:56 pm
i say ?10.00 a brick it will be good 2 see fans names on the haven stand it will have memories further on down the line the players should join in aswell

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #39 on: 28 Jan 2007, 09:39:45 pm
?10 a brick with space for two names? What will that achieve? The club would collect more with a bucket collection.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #40 on: 28 Jan 2007, 09:40:20 pm
im all for it marras and any other die hard fans will follow if i won the lottery ie millions i would donate half to whitehaven rlfc and take this club to the top lol

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #41 on: 29 Jan 2007, 07:42:32 am
Great idea... I have always said that if  this one took off it would be great! I certainly would love to have my name as part of the new stand.
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #42 on: 29 Jan 2007, 06:44:24 pm
?25 a brick fine by me.  Don't want me name on the brick or a little plaque on the brick as it will just eat some of the ?25!  I think Widnes made a big sign with all donators names on, cheaper in the long run I would think.
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline womble

• Academy Star
  • Shabba!
Reply #43 on: 29 Jan 2007, 08:38:52 pm
 I think that the point in undertaking a buy a brick scheme is that it should be available to all supporters. By setting the price too high it would price some people out of the scheme and would maybe seem as though it was being set up for the more "well off" supporters. If you set the price reasonably low people can buy more than one and everyone can get in on it without feeling as though they are being priced out .
  ?20 seems to be a much better price than anything higher, 2000 ?20- ?25 bricks sold would give ?40,000 - ?50,000 and be a massive boost to the ground developement funds (although there would obviously be the price of buying the bricks to come off that).

No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don`t care !

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #44 on: 29 Jan 2007, 10:59:58 pm
People are willing to spend ?40 every year on a new shirt. Bearing that in mind ?50 is cheap for something that will last for 20 times longer than a replica strip and help the club survive.