HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

DRINKING ON THE TERRACES

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
on: 27 Jan 2007, 11:53:52 am
CAN ANYBODY SHED SOME LIGHT ON WHY WE CAN'T DRINK ON THE TERRACES AT WHITEHAVEN? I CAN ONLY THINK OF ONE GROUND I'VE BEEN TO THAT YOU CAN'T AND THAT WAS WIDNES.YOU CAN EVEN DO IT AT THE TOWN.CAN WE NOT AFFORD PLASTIC GLASSES WITH SAVING FOR THE NEW STAND?  ???

DULL KR YES
BATLEY YES
ROCHDALE YES
WIGAN YES
BARROW YES
WARRINGTON YES
CASTLEFORD YES
LEIGH YES
TOWN YES
ALL SUPER LEAGUE CLUBS AS FAR AS I'M AWARE
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2007, 11:55:41 am by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 27 Jan 2007, 12:05:09 pm
ive thoght that its a bit strange when all the other clubs seem to allow it  and we dont would be better in my opinon if there was but maybe there is a reason we dont allow it.

havenchamps2005

Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2007, 01:45:48 pm
to do with the trouble last time cas were here i think

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2007, 01:58:24 pm
as i believe it our illustrious council<yep them again>!!! along with the police would not give them a licence to allow drinkin on the terraces,in, i believe, light of the trouble caused at the cas match

i wud guess most of the trouble was between cas fans who had been drinking since they left inbredshire, and haven PEOPLe who are not regular followers, same as at the grand final

tho i may be wrong!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2007, 02:25:40 pm
Spot om Mac the trouble at the Cas game scuppered any plans to drink on the terraces.

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2007, 02:35:39 pm
thats cleared that up then! do you think they will allow it again?

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 2007, 04:34:07 pm
but there was no drinking long before the cas game.if that's the case we should stop it if an away team are bringing a big following. i can't see any problems with the likes of rochdale,sheffield,batley etc and the 16 fans they always bring.i'm always asking friends to come down but they always ask if you can have a drink whilst watching the game and when you say no there not interested they'd rather just sit in there local.there's nowt better than watching the mighty haven in the sunshine wid a nice cold pint in hand. 8)

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 27 Jan 2007, 04:40:01 pm
I'm  all  for  drinking  on  the  terraces  and  thought  the  beer  tent  at  the  railway  end  was  a  great  idea. 

Maybe  for  games  like  Cas  then  fair  enough  but  for  most  other  matches  then  let  fans  have  a  drink were  they  want.  Sometimes  its  hard  to  get  served  in  the  bar  anyhow  when  its  busy.

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 27 Jan 2007, 05:29:33 pm
mi old fella works on the steward side of things!

now its ok saying when certain teams come allow drink but drink causes drunkness, people to take things the wrong way, agresiveness and can lead to violence and foul mouth abuse which we have kids present.

now we all know this happens!

at the end of the day think about it have ya come to watch rugby or drink beer?

is it that hard to go 40 mins without having a pint(as u may have one at half time)

thing is the stewards get stick when all they're doing is there jobs.
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 27 Jan 2007, 05:41:34 pm
What a sad reflection on the youth of today when they can't go to a match without having a drink on the terraces.    To those who say they would rather sit in a pub drinking than go to a match I would say, "Get a life, for goodness sake".    As Rob-Haven says it's 40 minutes without a drink.  40 minutes that fly in if the game is exciting enough.   If it helps the stewards do the job that we all want them to do then I'm all for no drinking on the terraces.   There's enough who get too much before they get to the grounds without giving them more during the match.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 27 Jan 2007, 08:09:57 pm
WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THESE PEOPLE BEING YOUNG?

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU THAT IT'S ONLY 40 MINS I'VE GOT USED TO IT OVER THE LAST 5-10 YEARS  BUT IF IT PUTS PEOPLE OFF THEN IT PUTS PEOPLE OFF AND WHAT WE NEED AT HAVEN MORE THAN ANY BIG SIGNINGS IS PEOPLE GETTING THREW THE TURNSTILES.

BACK TO THR REASON WHY WE CAN'T IS IT THE CLUB OR THE COUNCIL?

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 28 Jan 2007, 08:18:55 pm
back to my previous post on this hensingham boy, i reckon its the council, but then i got a real downer on them cuz they're blimmin useless and shouldnt be in there!!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

Monte2carlo

Reply #12 on: 28 Jan 2007, 09:04:41 pm
Big Mac,

I really don't think that you need anymore drink during the match !!

Monte

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 28 Jan 2007, 09:46:02 pm
well monte lad, there's always room for more!!

but i'm quite happy to get a few b4 and a few after the game as well as an occassional one at half time, without needing to stand with one during the match, besides the cans get in the way of my burgers!!! :D
the reverand, big mac

Monte2carlo

Reply #14 on: 28 Jan 2007, 11:42:20 pm
Big Fella,

When was the last time at a home match you heard the half time hooter from the stands and not the bar  :P

Monte