HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Wigan reserves next week !

XIII · 61 · 8745

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #15 on: 30 Jan 2007, 09:22:41 pm
Yeah thought it was part of the Wilkes Deal that we get Wigan 1st team!!!???  :o ??? ??? :o
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #16 on: 30 Jan 2007, 09:23:09 pm
if they do send the academy team up something needs to be said or done.it was part of the agreement when oli signed for them and it doesn't matter if its a different manager at wigan now it was wigan the club who agreed to it.

justonelilpoint

Reply #17 on: 30 Jan 2007, 09:40:59 pm
Wigan named their squad today for salford game tomorrow...25 of the 28 1st team squad...reckon we'll be getting 7-8 of those who won't feature against warrington along with the U21's

They could of course name Trent Barrett whose missing tomorrow as a favour ;)

havenchamps2005

Reply #18 on: 30 Jan 2007, 10:13:09 pm
it wouldnt surprised me if barrett and fielden both played a part against us especially barrett who hasnt yet featured for wigan

Monte2carlo

Reply #19 on: 30 Jan 2007, 10:33:57 pm
if its the case that the pie eaters only sent up there U21 team then i'll never eat another pie or uncle joes mint ball ever again

Monte

havenchamps2005

Reply #20 on: 30 Jan 2007, 10:48:46 pm
i really do dispise wigan rugby league
they think they can get away with anything!!!!!!!!!!

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 31 Jan 2007, 08:27:30 am
we sent a weak team to barrow to save our best players for the wigan game. wigan will be doing the same to rest the stars for the wire game. yes im dissappointed but thats the way it goes. i just hope they pick the team from the senior squad and not the u 21s and that way they have kept their promise and we will see some good prospects but i dont believe for 1 minute that we will see the likes of barret and co.i will be at the game whatever and look fwd to see us in action cos i was unable to go to barrow. see you all sunday   psif they send academy players here i think they are taking the mickey
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2007, 10:08:24 am by silver shadow »
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #22 on: 31 Jan 2007, 10:05:46 am
just read on a sporting life that noble is sending his academy team up here on sunday at which as a wigan supporter i am very dissapointed. its just another kick in the teeth for cumbria. cumbria will always be the poor relations of rl im afraid . this was a perfect opportunity to promote the game here but we have been let down again. if they had kept to their side of the bargain we could have pulled in a bigger crowd than the other 2 games at hudds andsalford and we would have gave them a good workout . lets hope a sporting life has got it wrong
NO PAIN NO GAIN

justonelilpoint

Reply #23 on: 31 Jan 2007, 10:59:53 am
Whatever team we sent down to Barrow for a testimonial doesn't make it ok for Wigan to do same to us.
It was agreed that Wigan send a strong team up here as part of the Wilkes transfer deal.The idea we'd get the full gate money from people wanting to see stars..not Wigans kids.

Lets see what it said in News and star when the tie was agreed

"Wigan have pledged to bring their first-team, which means the likes
of Great Britain star Stuart Fielden, regarded by many as the world's
top prop, and new Aussie superstar signing Trent Barrett, should be
on show.
"It's a cracking fixture," said Haven chairman Des Byrne. "This year
Wigan came up with their Under-21s, but they told us well in advance
they were doing that, and there was no mistake.
"They promised us when they signed Oliver Wilkes that they would send
the first-team up, and they are sticking to that. Wigan will have
completed their warm weather training by then and will be gearing up
for the start of the season."

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 31 Jan 2007, 11:09:08 am
i agree with you i think they are taking the mickey if they were sending 1st team squad players then we couldnt argue but to send an academy team is bang out of order
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2007, 11:11:10 am by silver shadow »
NO PAIN NO GAIN

justonelilpoint

Reply #25 on: 31 Jan 2007, 11:15:15 am
"we sent a weak team to barrow to save our best players for the wigan game. wigan will be doing the same to rest the stars for the wire game. yes im dissappointed but thats the way it goes"

"thats the way it goes" ???
like you've resigned yourself to the fact and you'll be there regardless.
I'll be there and the other regulars will probably will be there,especially as we gain all the money from the gate.But where the club could have made a killing is from the floating fans who want to see Wigans stars.This game should have been attracting 3-4000 fans .We be lucky if its 2000 with Wigans kids and few squad players.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2007, 11:19:29 am by justonelilpoint »

justonelilpoint

Reply #26 on: 31 Jan 2007, 11:18:46 am
P.S Having had this game arranged months back and was Wigans first friendly to be sorted...question arises why did Wigan want it week before season started,why also agree to Salfords game few days earlier when they'd agreed to send their 1st team here ?
We could have played this game 3-4 weeks back.

havenchamps2005

Reply #27 on: 31 Jan 2007, 11:25:36 am
i reall do dispise wigan rugby league they think they are great well i one hope they are relegated this season see how uncle mo gets them out of that situation the pie eaters  >:( >:(

ps i hope they send there academy team and we put 50 on them

Offline castiget

• Academy Signing
Reply #28 on: 31 Jan 2007, 11:49:53 am
ur gona get beat by the worriors on sunda n u got beat

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #29 on: 31 Jan 2007, 11:55:34 am
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???           cant work that one out marra
NO PAIN NO GAIN