HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Wigan reserves next week !

XIII · 61 · 8750

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #45 on: 31 Jan 2007, 07:51:20 pm
I agree riversider but the point is this game was arranged nearly 12 months ago so surley Wigan should not have taken another game so close to it.  If they send an academy team it will reflect very bad on the club.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2007, 08:31:47 pm by champ »

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #46 on: 31 Jan 2007, 08:26:48 pm
THIS IS A DISGRACE ME AND MY MATES WERE HOPING FOR THE FULL WIGAN TEAM TO COME TO THE REC, DISAPOINTED YET AGAIN. WE WANT TO THRASH THAT ACADAMY TEAM, SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE ABOUT THIS !!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #47 on: 31 Jan 2007, 08:41:19 pm
i can see why were not putting a strong side out after all warrington is a week away and you dont want to risk your big players in a match that means nothing.

i have to agree wid you as much as i'm disappointed you have to get your priorities right and that's what wigan are doing.if we reversed the roles i wouldn't want us to put a full team out with the season so close and our record with injuries at the start of the season.

havenchamps2005

Reply #48 on: 31 Jan 2007, 10:34:19 pm
its not the point
wigan agreed they would send there first team and have gone back on it even though it was part of the deal
i hope we put 50 points on there academy show noble and uncle mo dont mess with haven

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #49 on: 31 Jan 2007, 10:54:06 pm
was it part of the deal? the club don't seem to be kicking up a fuss (yet) just us.

Monte2carlo

Reply #50 on: 31 Jan 2007, 11:19:51 pm
Didn't the scousers pull the same trick with Barrooo over Ade Gardner when they signed him ?

Monte

havenchamps2005

Reply #51 on: 01 Feb 2007, 12:43:41 am
they did indeed marra but they included
james graham
ian hardman
ade gardner
maurie fa'savalu
dom feanuati (when he was there)
scott moore
paul clough

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #52 on: 01 Feb 2007, 10:59:45 am
was it part of the deal? the club don't seem to be kicking up a fuss (yet) just us.

yes it was part of the deal it was in the paper they would send up their first team and we would get all the money
haven till i die

havenchamps2005

Reply #53 on: 01 Feb 2007, 12:25:17 pm
according to todays whitehaven news
whitehaven have it in writing wigan would send up there 1st oh dear mr lindsay dig deeeeeep
it also states
sean glesson
darren goulding
joel tomkins
harrison hansen
will play well im glad hansen is playing he is a first teamer and he played for the new zealand team that played great britain at knowsley road last season so atleast we may get 1 first teamer !!!

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #54 on: 01 Feb 2007, 05:37:06 pm
Did anybody seriously think that Wigan would send a full strength team up here to play us. The BOD once again have been done up like kippers, same as when  Widnes flounced in and took  Steve Mac and paid nowt to Haven (wasn't he still under contract?). The naivety and total lack of gumption of this Board is laughable!! Amateurs running a professional club!

Till the next cock up.....................................

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #55 on: 01 Feb 2007, 05:41:27 pm
Just because nothing is on here does'nt mean we are not doing anything.  Des has been on the phone a number of times yesterday and today and the position has moved.  From an all out academy side it now looks like at least 6 players that played nast night against Salford will play along with some first team fringe players.  We may not get the likes of Feilden and Barrett but im sure there will be some known names in there.

havenchamps2005

Reply #56 on: 01 Feb 2007, 05:50:36 pm
like ive said id now expect to see the likes of
shane millard
david vaeliki
harrison hansen
nathan mcavoy
danny hill

justonelilpoint

Reply #57 on: 01 Feb 2007, 07:42:40 pm
Won't be getting Gleeson...he's gone Huddersfield on loan

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #58 on: 01 Feb 2007, 08:01:19 pm
Did anybody seriously think that Wigan would send a full strength team up here to play us. The BOD once again have been done up like kippers, same as when  Widnes flounced in and took  Steve Mac and paid nowt to Haven (wasn't he still under contract?). The naivety and total lack of gumption of this Board is laughable!! Amateurs running a professional club!

Till the next cock up.....................................
Cock up?  We got cash for Wilkes plus this game .  This game will bring in more money than any other freindly we could have had so i fail to see how it can be described as a cock up.  Yes we all want to see the best players on show but that is  Wigans choice.  I reckon we will have a decent game with a decent crowd and make some decent money.

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #59 on: 01 Feb 2007, 08:55:41 pm
You can't blame the Whitehaven BOd for this.  If it was included in the Wilkes deal and Wigan don't stick to it how can our BOd be responsible.

Its a no win situation really, they have to accept what Wigan send what they going to do ...tell them not to bother and lose out on a gate of 2000 0r ?15-20,000.

Any way I would prefer a Wigna team with 5 -6 first teamers and a competive fixture than their best team a drubbing and a hat full of injuries to be honest.