HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

IMPORTANT - New Website

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
on: 29 Jan 2007, 11:36:05 pm
I've kept it quite quiet, but over the past few months a new website has been in development. It is a complete re-design built from the bottom up and aims to take the clubs online presence to the next level.

For those going to the launch night, you will be able to get the first glimpse of the new site as it is set to be unveiled there. The site is due to be launched to the public straight after the launch night.

In order to make sure there is a smooth transition, the existing website will be taken offline on Monday the 5th of February. This will allow us to test the features of the new site on the live server and rectify any problems.

Just so people are aware, The forum will NOT be offline for any period of time. When the site is taken offline, a temporary page will be displayed with a link to this forum. I know some people can get confused between the official site and the official forum. They are two entirely seperate systems and the forum will not be changing. It is the main official site that is being redeveloped, this forum will continue to run exactly as it is.

I don't want to give too much away about the new site, all will be revealed at the launch night! :)

Edit: The site will probably be taken offline on Saturday instead of Monday as explained in the post further below
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2007, 02:30:52 pm by Flannerz »

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2007, 11:37:55 pm
u DAMN TEASE!! lol

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2007, 11:39:15 pm
u DAMN TEASE!! lol

*Expects the Civic to be packed out at the launch after this announcement* ::)

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2007, 11:41:29 pm
go on marra give us a couple of ideas of what wil be there

online season tickets to buy stuff like that

interviews with players and the coach lol out like that

DONT BE MEAN

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2007, 12:04:16 am
I'm not saying much. What I will say is that the major emphasis has been on the interface. The current interface doesn't allow room for expansion whereas the new site has been built with future expansion in mind. The main thing is to make sure we don't run before we can walk. It's vital that the news/match reports/lottery/academy etc... sections are managed correctly this time around as these are the core functions of the site.

Just be patient and wait until next week, I'm sure you wont be disappointed :)

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2007, 12:06:05 am
your the man flanners u better not disopoint (jokin) or we will be mad lol

havenchamps2005

Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2007, 12:27:27 pm
flannerz the tease  :'(

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2007, 10:05:42 pm
u DAMN TEASE!! lol

If the Civic Hall is packed, you wont be seeing many Haven Fans, i thought the Launch Night was in the Marchon Club again!
TW

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 30 Jan 2007, 10:35:18 pm
u DAMN TEASE!! lol

If the Civic Hall is packed, you wont be seeing many Haven Fans, i thought the Launch Night was in the Marchon Club again!
TW

Your the second person who's said that to me! I was told that it was at the Marchon Club, but got moved to the Civic. Maybe they are trying to trick me ??? I'll find out for sure where it's at though.

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 31 Jan 2007, 02:29:51 pm
Yes, it's definitely at the Civic.

Slight change of plan regarding the website. The current site will probably be taken offline on Saturday. Not only will this allow more time to make sure the new site is uploaded and tested correcty, it will also give me a chance to give the server a total clearout. There are a lot of files on there which have mounted up over the past couple of years and they aren't really neccessary.

As already mentioned, this forum will not be affected in any way.

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 31 Jan 2007, 04:36:53 pm
Will we have to sign up for a new account for the forum???? Sorry if you've already mentioned it lol

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #11 on: 31 Jan 2007, 04:45:23 pm

As already mentioned, this forum will not be affected in any way.

Tom.b  Flannerz already explained  - its the WEBSITE that is changing NOT the forum and no, you will not need to re-register.

Hope this helps

MrsHW[/b
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 31 Jan 2007, 09:03:07 pm
Sorry i didn't see that bit obviously i was just skimming the posts  :P

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #13 on: 03 Feb 2007, 09:20:57 pm
Just let me bring you up to speed with the website situation.

Unfortunately there has been a minor set-back with the new site as a certain function that is supposed to be offered by our server providers as standard, isn't currently working. This isn't a major problem as I have a back-up plan in place. However what all this does mean is that the new site probably won't be live to the public until the afternoon/evening of Friday 9th of February. Our host and I are working to resolve the problem so there is a slight chance it will be launched on Thursday evening, although this is unlikely.

On a brighter note though, the site is still going to unveiled at the launch night. So all those attending will have a preview of the finished product.

As you are probably aware now, the current site has been taken offline (R.I.P. Website Number 3) and the following splash page has been put up directing people to this forum:

« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2007, 09:25:28 pm by Flannerz »

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 03 Feb 2007, 09:25:27 pm
looks good that flannerz hope we get a new poster like that for every game will look well smart summet a bit better than in 2005 when we had them pop ups good on ye