HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

commentators words!

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
on: 20 Jul 2009, 11:28:40 pm
love it when barry mac commentates on haven! i honestly think he has a soft spot for us! phil clarke however (ex wigan player)-(im a wigan fan) seems to ridicule haven all the time in what they do, just b4 HT in the game he said whitehaven will be dissapointed in how they have performed in the 1st half! calvert soon shut him up! i mean what is his problem like! is this just me? or could everyone else hear it! or heard it when they got home n watched it on sky plus? yet it seems to go on and on in every game he commentates.
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2009, 10:49:05 am
love it when barry mac commentates on haven! i honestly think he has a soft spot for us! phil clarke however (ex wigan player)-(im a wigan fan) seems to ridicule haven all the time in what they do, just b4 HT in the game he said whitehaven will be dissapointed in how they have performed in the 1st half! calvert soon shut him up! i mean what is his problem like! is this just me? or could everyone else hear it! or heard it when they got home n watched it on sky plus? yet it seems to go on and on in every game he commentates.
i too a wigan fan going game friday wigan v leeds should be a cracker but i think phil clarke is anti haven he never says anything good about us :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2009, 03:56:06 pm
To be honest I can see where Phil Clarke is coming from. We dominated aroung 75% of the 1st half and if it wasn't for tha superb try at the end .the game would have been all square at the break.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2009, 04:04:47 pm
To be honest I can see where Phil Clarke is coming from. We dominated aroung 75% of the 1st half and if it wasn't for tha superb try at the end .the game would have been all square at the break.

But he said that we didnt deserve to be winning!!! he thought barra were the better team so there fore he definitely didnt believe we had controlled 75% of the first half
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 21 Jul 2009, 04:21:59 pm
he talks out of his chuff.
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 2009, 05:05:44 pm
I noticed him saying bad stuff about us, and i didnt understand him either, he obviously doesn't like us!
Saying we had no line breakers, then one of our players broke through the line......made me laugh :D
 ;D

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 25 Jul 2009, 05:54:36 pm
I thought Phil clarke was spot on with his assessment. He started the game saying Haven would expect to win (so not criticising there) and then the point he was making (just before Calvert's try) was that Haven would have hoped to be ahead at that point (and therefore would have been disappointed).

His point about line breakers is correct also. Haven do the basic things well, are reasonably solid in defence but do lack some cutting edge in the three quarters and back row considering the posession they had in that game. I am hoping this new centre from Wigan may add a little to this area. I think he also made this point when Mattinson had been off the field and he came back on a few seconds later to make him eat his words.

Offline HeyJathon

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 10 Aug 2009, 11:57:02 am
Clearly barry mac and Terry O'Connor and Bill Arthur all have a soft spot for Haven due to our uncompromising physical style! also think they appreciate that the majority of our team are brought up from grass roots locla sides and they appreciate when a local lad dons the Haven shirt they give it 110%.

I think Phil Clarke has to play Devils Advocate and balance it up, plus he probably gets miffed at the 2 and a half hour drive!
Eagles sore but weasels don't get caught in jet engines!

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 10 Aug 2009, 11:04:29 pm
so he plays the pantomime villain? :yey:
ANCIENT AND LOYAL