HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Barrow coach Clark Fired

Offline NrKirksanton

• Academy Signing
on: 21 Jul 2009, 09:08:56 pm
Don't know if anyone else has heard?  Apparently Dave Clark and Marwood have been fired.

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2009, 09:14:00 pm
Clark has been demoted to assistant coach.

Steve Deakin has been appointed as their new Head Coach.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2009, 09:20:57 pm
If this is true it is unbelievable from Des imo!!!!!
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2009, 09:24:37 pm

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #4 on: 21 Jul 2009, 09:31:05 pm
what a ridiculous decision imo, he has taken them from mid-table nl2 to 2nd in championship in 2 years, but this just isnyt deemed good enough apparently. You could tell he was not the happiest man alive last thurs when he left the game earlier shouting the odds but this is plain stupid imo

I cant wait for Des's reaction should Barrow not get SL

toys and pram spring to mind
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline NrKirksanton

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 21 Jul 2009, 09:32:58 pm
There are some rumours (as always) of a high-profile, older SL player linked with the club. I wonder if it may be a player-coach appointment for next year?

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #6 on: 21 Jul 2009, 10:13:03 pm
This could turn out to be a fantastic ploy. How many teams get a new coach and get new impetus? Just look at Gateshead and Batley in our league already. Having better seasons now new coaches have came in and nearly plunging Leigh into NL2. Everyone's going to be fighting for their places at Craven park. I think it's either going to be great or disastrous. Fascinating stuff.  :yey:
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 21 Jul 2009, 10:21:36 pm
Surely they haven't signed up Dave Rotheram!!!!!!!!    I'll get my coat.  ;D
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 21 Jul 2009, 10:53:03 pm
beat me 2 it keith ha

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 22 Jul 2009, 05:57:05 am
The Barrow chairman increasiglylooks like  knumpty imo

The problem he i increasingly going to have is  a total lack of spiri and loyalty in the club.    Players staff and board members will realise he runs the club like a dictatorship. He will soon realise its a two way thing you can't keep demanding effort and commitmt from people if you dont give it back.

Coahing wise Liegh have cornered the market with Milward. I dont think Robbe Paul as plaer coach would be such a great move.   

Monte2carlo

Reply #10 on: 22 Jul 2009, 06:21:57 am
Hmm,

They are second in the league and have just appeared in a grand final, what more does the coach have to do to keep his job.  :(.

The Flossies chairman is turning them into a joke

Monte :tip:

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 22 Jul 2009, 07:03:21 am
A typical dictator if you ask me. I think he's lost the plot. There have been several rumours surrounding him this year what with all the money he has spent. I reckon it will all go pear shaped now. The players won't be happy and the fans will be livid. Can't wait for Barrow fans to post their views on here. I reckon many will turn on Johnstone and could even force him out. He defo seems a loose cannon

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 22 Jul 2009, 08:35:07 am
there chairman is a clown  and a nasty piece of work to go with it,as anyone one in and around barrow

which coach would even consider them with a tyrant like him at the helm

nice to have a money man but to have some one like him who berates the coach i the stands etc etc

can see them slipping away now how long before he sacks some of his well paid under peforming players

funny how he stays on in the community role, one thing dessie cant touch as it is funded etc by the rfl :D
« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2009, 09:10:09 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline amarillo

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 22 Jul 2009, 08:40:19 am
I tell you what would be good.................

You lot learning to type in the Queens English instead of typing like inbred retards !!

Banjo's at the ready !  :D  :D  :D

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 22 Jul 2009, 09:07:34 am
Unbelievable.

A football manager (Brian Clough?) once wrote a book. One of the chapters was titled "A typical club chairman's knowledge of football" It consisted of a blank page.