HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Barrow coach Clark Fired

Monte2carlo

Reply #15 on: 22 Jul 2009, 09:30:36 am
I tell you what would be good.................

You lot learning to type in the Queens English instead of typing like inbred retards !!

Banjo's at the ready !  :D  :D  :D

Flossies folk calling us inbreads now thats funny.

Monte :bow:

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 22 Jul 2009, 10:03:08 am
Unbelievable.

A football manager (Brian Clough?) once wrote a book. One of the chapters was titled "A typical club chairman's knowledge of football" It consisted of a blank page.

It was Len Shackleton.

Offline amarillo

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 22 Jul 2009, 10:50:53 am

You lot learning to type in the Queens English instead of typing like inbred retards !!

Like I said learning to type & spell would be a good start. Banjos at the ready Marra ?

Offline SRC

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 22 Jul 2009, 10:53:37 am
Unbelievable.

A football manager (Brian Clough?) once wrote a book. One of the chapters was titled "A typical club chairman's knowledge of football" It consisted of a blank page.

Des is hardly typical and has brought in some players we could have only dreamed about 2-3 years ago.  Without his time, contacts and of course money we would still be a mid-table NL2 team.

I think that most Barrow fans could see this coming given our progressive dip in form.  Had it continued, given how close the league is, we may well have missed out on the playoffs altogether.

I remember that there was a real furore when Cresta departed.  That decision proved to be the correct one and I'm sure this latest decision will prove to be just as successful.

Clarky has done a great job and is Barrow through and through.  Hopefully he will remain as assistant next season as well and continuing his community role.

All this news and Friday is signing deadline day !
It's never dull being a Barrow fan !

Monte2carlo

Reply #19 on: 22 Jul 2009, 11:22:55 am

Like I said learning to type & spell would be a good start. Banjos at the ready Marra ?

Oh dear, its turning into an English lesson ........ from a Flossie fan too  :D :D :D

Monte :tip:
« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2009, 11:25:39 am by Monte2carlo »

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 22 Jul 2009, 11:40:03 am

Oh dear, its turning into an English lesson ........ from a Flossie fan too  :D :D :D

Monte :tip:

now now monte, you should have used a translator off google..........

"baaaa baaaa baa ba baaaa baaaaa baaa baaaa!!"
 :tip: :tip:
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #21 on: 22 Jul 2009, 12:09:47 pm
Unbelievable.

Des is hardly typical and has brought in some players we could have only dreamed about 2-3 years ago.  Without his time, contacts and of course money we would still be a mid-table NL2 team.

I think that most Barrow fans could see this coming given our progressive dip in form.  Had it continued, given how close the league is, we may well have missed out on the playoffs altogether.

I remember that there was a real furore when Cresta departed.  That decision proved to be the correct one and I'm sure this latest decision will prove to be just as successful.

Clarky has done a great job and is Barrow through and through.  Hopefully he will remain as assistant next season as well and continuing his community role.

All this news and Friday is signing deadline day !
It's never dull being a Barrow fan !

So what was the real reason for Cresta departing? If things are going well and Clarky has done an awesome job why demote him, and, do you really think that he will stay as assistant coach after being demoted? Basically it's saying 'your not good enough for head coach any more but we will keep you on as assistant'.

Something is not right here and i smell a rat!
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline SRC

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 22 Jul 2009, 01:06:55 pm
Read Clarky's view of things in tonights NWE Mail ...

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/raiders/news/right_time_to_go_1_587397?referrerPath=afc

No sacking or conspiracy.  Was man enough to accept his current shortcomings and stepped down for the good of the club.  Far too many coaches/managers hang on until the bitter end (a certain Mr Rotheram springs to mind).

So that's the real story.  Unless you're going to accuse Clarky of lying of course  ::)

Onwards and upwards  8)

Offline SRC

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 22 Jul 2009, 01:20:08 pm
So what was the real reason for Cresta departing?
Something to do with Haven maybe  ::)

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 22 Jul 2009, 01:54:34 pm

From my perspective i see a Chairman with little or know experience of Rugby League who thinks he can get to where he wants to be by throwing money at the team. It also seems that he pulls all the strings with regard to signing players, negotiating contracts and everything else. It would'nt even suprise me if he picked the team.

It makes me question wether he is indeed in this for the 'people of Barrow' or as an avenue in which to build up and massage his own ego with a ''look what ive done, how superior am i?'' attitude.

Saying that how much of Barrows success can be attributed to Clarke's coaching/training and not to the standard of players that Chairman Des has lured into the club.

Its all becoming a tad 'Knightonesque' if you ask me !

Oh and the mystery 'rumoured' player is Robbie Paul. A player with reported Cumbrian connections. Thats West Cumbrian and not boiloncumbriasbacksidelancashiredidntwantus connections.

Offline amarillo

• Academy Signing
Reply #25 on: 22 Jul 2009, 02:46:48 pm

From my perspective i see a Chairman with little or know experience of Rugby League who thinks he can get to where he wants to be by throwing money at the team. It also seems that he pulls all the strings with regard to signing players, negotiating contracts and everything else. It would'nt even suprise me if he picked the team.

It makes me question wether he is indeed in this for the 'people of Barrow' or as an avenue in which to build up and massage his own ego with a ''look what ive done, how superior am i?'' attitude.

Saying that how much of Barrows success can be attributed to Clarke's coaching/training and not to the standard of players that Chairman Des has lured into the club.

Oh and the mystery 'rumoured' player is Robbie Paul. A player with reported Cumbrian connections. Thats West Cumbrian and not boiloncumbriasbacksidelancashiredidntwantus connections.

What a mong you are

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #26 on: 22 Jul 2009, 02:51:35 pm
Read Clarky's view of things in tonights NWE Mail ...

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/raiders/news/right_time_to_go_1_587397?referrerPath=afc

No sacking or conspiracy.  Was man enough to accept his current shortcomings and stepped down for the good of the club.  Far too many coaches/managers hang on until the bitter end (a certain Mr Rotheram springs to mind).

So that's the real story.  Unless you're going to accuse Clarky of lying of course   ::)

Onwards and upwards  8)

What a pathetic comment!  If you read all the comments instead of skimming over them you will find that every body is on Dave Clarkes side, so why would we want to accuse him of anything. We are all shocked at the decision and wish him well with his future ( i feel that he will move on, come the end of the season).
Going back to the way things are run at Barrow, my opinion is (amongst rumours) that Des had been delegating and dictating from the word go so Dave had little input as to who went on the field and who didn't. At the end of the day, if Des wants to splash his money about and make it talk then that's up to him but he needs to leave the coaches job to the coach, unless that is, he is going to get his boots out and decide to coach them himself. Now there's a thought. His heads as big as his wallet which is nearly as big as his mouth, so let's see it. CHAIRMAN COME COACH Des Johnstone.

Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #27 on: 22 Jul 2009, 02:53:49 pm
Its certainly not dull !
the only way is up.

Offline SRC

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 22 Jul 2009, 03:01:34 pm
What a pathetic comment! 

The only pathetic comments are from the 'we hate Des Johnston' brigade on this forum.

Once again wild accusations with absolutley no factual base, like 'Des picks the team' etc etc.  Of course he has an ego - just like every other Chairman in Rugby League (and every other successful businessman in the country).

Does he have his faults - Yes
Were we going anywhere without him - No
Would we be better off without him - No

End of.

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #29 on: 22 Jul 2009, 04:17:23 pm

What a mong you are

If you haven't got an opinion worth mentioning on the subject of the thread, say nothing.
Do not lower the thread to petty insults. That's a message for everyone.

:tip:
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.