HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Barrow coach Clark Fired

Monte2carlo

Reply #45 on: 23 Jul 2009, 08:39:38 am
I think that this quote from another RL site sums the flossies up at present

"The Hull City comparison is a sound one. Their expectations have overtaken reality."

Monte :tip:

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #46 on: 23 Jul 2009, 09:53:07 am
I would agree that is the case with some of our support but would that be different at any other club that was in the doldrums for so long. Some on here & other clubs seem to be willing us to fail when perhaps they should be looking at themselves ?

Anyways for what it's worth I think the timing of this is a bit strange but there you go. As far as I'm concerned Clarky did a great job along with Dean Marwood etc. 

the only way is up.

Monte2carlo

Reply #47 on: 23 Jul 2009, 10:47:57 am
I think its fantastic what Barrow have achieved in the league in just one season. However sacking the coach and replacing him with a coach who failed in NL2 with the largest playing budget is a very risky route to take. It may end up biting Barrow on the backside.

IMO If Barrow get a top 4 finish at the end of the regular season I think that would be classed as a successful 1st season

Monte :tip:

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #48 on: 23 Jul 2009, 10:58:45 am
Dave Clarke, as you say, may have stepped down but i think it will have been influenced by the ultimatum 'step down or we will demote you. Let's face it, why would Clarky step down willingly and take the assistant coaches job off Dean Marwood. Especially when you say that Dean has also done a cracking job? Doesn't make sense.
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #49 on: 24 Jul 2009, 03:13:51 pm
i agree with monte,  a top four finish is a successful first season for barrow. rome wasnt built in a day.  barrow have progressed and really they should be happy with how much they have moved on  in a short space of time. its hard for us west cumbrians not to be jealous of them buts thats life. best of luck to them.

Offline Haven Bright Spark

• Academy Star
Reply #50 on: 24 Jul 2009, 05:30:55 pm
Well you know what they say.........."When In Rome"
The only stupid question is the one never asked!

Offline the spy

• Academy Star
Reply #51 on: 24 Jul 2009, 07:07:15 pm
He jumped before des pushed him :o

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #52 on: 24 Jul 2009, 10:43:38 pm
Well whatever the reason i still wish Dave Clarke all the best in what he may chose to do at the end of the season. Wether that be staying on at Barrow i'm not sure. I just feel that in his best interests it would be better for him to move on to new pastures. Incidentally, what's happened to Dean Marwood. No one has come out and given him any sort of verbal support since Clarky "took his job". He seems to have been brushed under the carpet with the has beens.
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!