HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Signings for next season

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
on: 28 Jul 2009, 10:11:07 pm
who would you like to see the club try and sign (realistic targets only)

amor and mcnally will be back next year on loan.

id like the club to try and persuade leeds to let jay pitts join us on a season long loan

id like paul ballard to stay at the club taking adebisi's place.

jamie theoharous tied down on a longer contract

possibley jarrad stack from town as cover for the forwards

soni will also be back next season

Offline WatsonandTheClassOF06

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2009, 10:14:22 am
Gary Broadbent's body language against us suggested he'd rather be playing for us.  I wonder if he could be tempted come back for one last season. 

A decent scrum half is a must, it can make all the difference.   

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2009, 10:22:06 am

We've no chance of enticing Broadbent back to Haven, especially if the rumours of the acrimonious goings on prior to his departure on behalf of the board. Shame really as i think with Joey still on board we'd be at least second in the table right now.

I would try and ship Adebisi out, he isnt worth whatever we're paying in wages, expenses ect...

Ballard would be a great signing but we may struggle to meet his wage demands. Do we really need another travelling player ?

I think we need a decent creative scrum half, McNally although prolific in the try scoring charts seems to have been 'sussed out' of late.

And thats just the start !

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2009, 10:46:05 am
McNally looks like being a broken field half back in the Shaun Edwards mold.  I hope he makes it, if he does it'll be as a 6 not a 7.  He could be back with us a fair bit to begin with.  Wouldn't it be good if we could clone a hybrid of Friend, Ward & Obst, by the power of Dick Raz's cigar.   

Back in the real world, Fox and Fordy will probably make a strong contribution next year, within budget too.   

What about Walshy, could he not be flogged back into shape pre-season?  He would be good  center cover and wouldn't cost the earth.     

Offline haven boys

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 29 Jul 2009, 11:30:09 am
I dont know wy the club dont go for super league players :mess: and if they do they get them after they have been at a different club

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2009, 12:31:55 pm
Gary Broadbent's body language against us suggested he'd rather be playing for us.  I wonder if he could be tempted come back for one last season. 

[/quote

love the way you base Broadbents body language on 1 game that happened to be against his old club whilst getting well beat. Obviously you are the Desmond Morris of marraland.
the only way is up.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2009, 01:35:30 pm

[/quote

love the way you base Broadbents body language on 1 game that happened to be against his old club whilst getting well beat. Obviously you are the Desmond Morris of marraland.
i thought you would have gone back to your own site by now or is it you dont know the players with all the loanies coming in :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2009, 01:58:14 pm
Do you tell jokes too?
the only way is up.

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 29 Jul 2009, 02:06:07 pm
OK Barrowmarra,

Bad science and and poor expression.  I've actually watched him live on Sky 3 times this year + two live games so that's 400mins in total, unless he was injured in any of those games and I don't think he would.  The point being in those games he ain't done nearly as much ball carrying as he did at Haven,  you may say Barrow have a better back so he doesn't have to, but we know from the Recre drubbing that ain't true.  I don't have statistics to back up the ball carrying argument mind.   

PS Willie Horne was rubbish.

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 29 Jul 2009, 02:08:52 pm
a scrum half quota
a prop maybe older player comin the end of career like bull

think ade gettin alot stick this season an he hasnt managed to get a run of games in with his fitness. last season he was quality so def keep him on

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 29 Jul 2009, 03:28:54 pm
Our biggest problem is our geography. Its OK picking players you would like to come here but are they prepared to travel. Hats off to the likes of Rob Jackson who makes the long trek up here 2/3 times a week. The only other way is move them up here and find them work.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #11 on: 29 Jul 2009, 03:40:13 pm
I dont know wy the club dont go for super league players :mess: and if they do they get them after they have been at a different club

I do...... Money
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 29 Jul 2009, 04:57:11 pm
OK Barrowmarra,

Bad science and and poor expression.  I've actually watched him live on Sky 3 times this year + two live games so that's 400mins in total, unless he was injured in any of those games and I don't think he would.  The point being in those games he ain't done nearly as much ball carrying as he did at Haven,  you may say Barrow have a better back so he doesn't have to, but we know from the Recre drubbing that ain't true.  I don't have statistics to back up the ball carrying argument mind.   

PS Willie Horne was rubbish.
He must be unhappy then .

If he was rubbish then so was Dick Huddart.
the only way is up.

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 29 Jul 2009, 05:23:04 pm
I think we should get mossop from town aswell.

Offline billwiff

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 29 Jul 2009, 08:01:48 pm
please explain why broadent would want spend hours a week travelling up and down the coast and a take a step backwards team wise,wont happen keep dreaming.