HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Short of Quality Forwards

XIII · 23 · 2384

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
on: 04 Feb 2007, 09:43:24 am
I think the BOD need to focus on getting in a couple (or at least one) quality forward in before the start of April.

we have lost Leafa, Fats is injured and to be honest with his unfortunate record over the last year or two we can't relay on him being fit, Baynes (and I hope he proves me wrong) is never going to be fit enough to play 40 -50 minutes a game 7-8 games in a row.

That leaves Trindall and Jackson plus Ford Teare and Hil as bck up  Ford is to young at the moment and need a couple of years< Teare is ok but again he ain't going to win you the big games and Hill is a S/R who can paly Prop>

What happened to Tandy.  nver heard he had fixed up a club.  He would be ideal, even at 25- 30K.

havenchamps2005

Reply #1 on: 04 Feb 2007, 05:45:06 pm
i wouldnt want tandy back he wanted 30k to stay then took off to widnes
he is no where near worth 30k
fordy and teare had great games today

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 04 Feb 2007, 05:52:56 pm
I  would  take  Tandy  back  tomorrow.  On  his  day  he's  a  quality  forward  who's  always  done  us  a  good  job

havenchamps2005

Reply #3 on: 04 Feb 2007, 06:35:29 pm
he isnt worth 30 k marra 10-12 k at the most

Offline Havener

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 04 Feb 2007, 07:49:42 pm
i think tandy would be worth about 20k because he was brilliant for us in his 2nd spell

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 04 Feb 2007, 07:50:32 pm
would play teare and ford in every game this year very big lads and animals when it comes to running they never gave in shows what we are producing at the academy nowadays

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 04 Feb 2007, 08:40:05 pm
Got to agree with some of whats been posted
1) We are certainly down on two decent experienced forwards, preferably a Prop and another Second Row
2) The youngster Ford has got the size, attitude and ability and could step in if needed but if DR has any sense of which I am sure he has he will need to play Ford in the right games to build up his confidence and protect him a bit, but if the purse strings are as tight as we all think they are then he may just have to put him in the 17 earlier than he (DR) would like

Jacko, Howard, Spencer and McAvoy  and the old war horse Lester will hold there own in this league and of course our three Hookers, but any long term injuries to these guys then we are in big trouble

The back division at the moment I think we have got covered with some very good young uns ready to step in (Benson, Eilbeck, McAvoy, Lebbon, Bainbridge and Smith)

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 04 Feb 2007, 09:37:34 pm
All  the  forwards  did  well  today  but  lets  not  get  carried  away.  We  played  a  bunch  of  kids.  Big  test  is  when  we  play  Cas, Leigh, Widnes .  Will  they  play  as  well  ??  lets  hope  so.

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 04 Feb 2007, 09:40:32 pm
once all the players get fully fit they will be ok but gametime will do this some of these lads may not get in the first team again but then again they are the future of whitehaven rlfc

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 05 Feb 2007, 01:42:48 pm
David ford was awsome really stepped up to the plate cudnt ask for anymore big flapper did well also but when fordy put that wigan player on his arse it made my day and even if it was wigan second string you can only beat the team put infront of you

havenchamps2005

Reply #10 on: 05 Feb 2007, 01:44:59 pm
id like to see are bod make a move for anthony tonks on loan from bradford supposed to be the next stuart fielden has rejected a loan move to dewsbury but wants first team rugby so i think we should make a move for him and he wouldnt be the only 1 travelling from yorkshire aaron smith would be aswell

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 05 Feb 2007, 05:56:24 pm
I think the BOD need to focus on getting in a couple (or at least one) quality forward in before the start of April.

we have lost Leafa, Fats is injured and to be honest with his unfortunate record over the last year or two we can't relay on him being fit, Baynes (and I hope he proves me wrong) is never going to be fit enough to play 40 -50 minutes a game 7-8 games in a row.

That leaves Trindall and Jackson plus Ford Teare and Hil as bck up  Ford is to young at the moment and need a couple of years< Teare is ok but again he ain't going to win you the big games and Hill is a S/R who can paly Prop>

What happened to Tandy.  nver heard he had fixed up a club.  He would be ideal, even at 25- 30K.

We might look a little short with injuries but what side doesn't.

I'd say overall we've got the best front row in this league by a considerable distance.

Compared to our rival clubs we've got a lot of strength in depth. You say Ford is too young he's 20 so he's got to make it at some point. We have a lot more forwards than any other team in our league and we're going in with a better side than last season.

You mention Leafa i think we'd have been keeping him for keeping sake not to improve as a team. Was he really that good? To me he only stood out in games for his knock ons or daft offloads.

havenchamps2005

Reply #12 on: 05 Feb 2007, 06:40:55 pm
theres also adam shaw he is 21 now he really impressed me against the town

• Haven Legend
Reply #13 on: 05 Feb 2007, 07:58:21 pm
i think ford has the same build and will be similar to poul anderson at saints well was he will destroy town and most teams starting  next week

haven1985

Reply #14 on: 05 Feb 2007, 08:32:11 pm
i really do rate fordy like big strong runner. i wud love to a seen mossop take a ball in yesterday after he went high on fordy.. fordy wud have put him on is aR*e like

think he will have a great season