Reply #15 on: 08 Sep 2009, 01:09:44 pm
remember leigh and halifax last season even with laughton you never know

widnes 18 whitehaven 20

come on haven :bow: :bow: :bow:
born and bred haven.

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 08 Sep 2009, 01:42:25 pm
No matter how hard I try to put a positive slant on it I just can't see a Haven victory given that:

Widnes at home!
We have never won at the Halton Stadium.
Widnes will have had nearly three weeks to prepare, we've had four days.
They beat us 58-10.
We have been absolutely thrashed in our last two games with performances that lacked pride, passion or thought.
One or two rumours doing the rounds about issues.

I hope we win but have to predict 42-18 to Widnes (and that's being kind).

Can the Kings of inconsistency prove me wrong.

:(

Offline Craigies6pack

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 08 Sep 2009, 01:48:42 pm
Egg on face time.

While I can't see anything other than a home win for us, (more prep/rest time, better form, home tie etc), I think you lot will give a better account of yourselves than you are expecting. You all know that in this game you only have to be off the pace a little and form goes out of the window.

Hope to see a fair few of you down here on Thursday (crap night to play I know) :tip:.

Offline womble

• Academy Star
  • Shabba!
Reply #18 on: 08 Sep 2009, 02:06:23 pm
Gonna use reverse pschology on this one, widnes 60 Haven 6. Haven helped by the ref or it would have been triple figures. Haven give away 25 penalties to widnes`s 1.
No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don`t care !

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #19 on: 08 Sep 2009, 02:23:21 pm
Oh ye of little faith!!!!   Three weeks ago you were all talking of finishing second and getting to the Grand Final and now everyone is talking of a big defeat on Thursday night.   Okay you've had two big defeats but that doesn't mean the team won't play completely different next time out.   This is one off football match time when anything can happen but I get the feeling that many are looking for excuses before the game with Laughton being the number one excuse.   I think you will do  much better than you have in the last two but I still think you will lose 26 - 14.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #20 on: 08 Sep 2009, 02:35:21 pm
Oh ye of little faith!!!!   Three weeks ago you were all talking of finishing second and getting to the Grand Final and now everyone is talking of a big defeat on Thursday night.   Okay you've had two big defeats but that doesn't mean the team won't play completely different next time out.   This is one off football match time when anything can happen but I get the feeling that many are looking for excuses before the game with Laughton being the number one excuse.   I think you will do  much better than you have in the last two but I still think you will lose 26 - 14.

We have never won at the stobbart stadium, we have had Laughton 4 times this year i know of and have lost all 4( fax/fev at home widnes/leigh away) we are in awful form, there will be about 50 haven fans there to cheer them on, you can clearly see that the players have no confidence, questionable team slections and were heavily beat by the same team 3 weeks ago. These are reasons Keith why we have little faith that we can come away with a victory

No doubt if we did win there would be people saying we could win it, but i am firmly in the camp that are happy we are still in this division, and i will be even happier come this time next year we are still here
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline miss cheeky 2009

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 08 Sep 2009, 02:48:52 pm
If the lads do it then good luck to them we are all for them doing it, and if they dont they will or should take it on bored about all the negatives and positatives they played and all there mistakes that they made this season and change it and have a serious think about what changes they should do sit down and watch them games over and over, for next season. wont say that they win but if they do goodluck to the lads hope they do win if they dont they dont, least we are still in the top leauge.

Offline forever haven

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 08 Sep 2009, 07:07:11 pm
widnes 32-16 haven but hope its widnes 16-24 haven come on lads

Offline bobby

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 09 Sep 2009, 11:52:35 am
If GED picks his best team and lets them play good rugby we will win. I have no faith in geds team selection or tactics so i will go with 44 16 to widens, hope I am wrong

Offline miss cheeky 2009

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 09 Sep 2009, 09:02:02 pm
come on lads prove us all wrong, show us who you really are and that u guys are the real proud of cumbria. do it for the fans that are travelling down and the fans that carnt make it, but most of all do it for yourseleves, go with haven 24 vikings 20, but i have that feeling we wont do it, but one never knows COME ON THE HAVEN LADS

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 09 Sep 2009, 09:07:00 pm
could be a record score for widnes.
will go for widnes 80 haven 6  :-[ :-[ :-[
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline haven massive

• Academy Signing
Reply #26 on: 09 Sep 2009, 09:15:37 pm
This is a big big game and I think that the winner of this game could well go the distance and win the grand final. In terms of the score I think we will give a better account of ourselves however the turn around and prep time could go against us so my prediction is Widnes 28 - 16 Haven

Offline npl

• Academy Signing
Reply #27 on: 09 Sep 2009, 09:46:26 pm
you lot make me embarrassed to be a whitehaven supporter, 95% of the predictions are haven are going to get stuffed because of the last two results. so what we lost the last two games, forget it!! move on and don't dwell in the past your all sounding like that lot from donkey park when they keep harping on about winning the challenge cup back in the year dot.so what we have never won at widnes!! AND.
 THIS IS MY TEAM AND I AM PROUD OF THEM and i think we will turn this lot over
WIDNES 28
HAVEN 32
 :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #28 on: 10 Sep 2009, 06:46:56 am
Widnes are -12 on the coupon. Looks like an excellent bet to me! Id also bet that laughton gives at least 1 try to widnes thats blatantly a no try without consulting the vd.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #29 on: 10 Sep 2009, 12:57:26 pm
again widnes 20 haven 22
THE MULLET IS BACK