HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Laughton - The Stats dont Lie !

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
on: 09 Sep 2009, 08:23:39 am

With Laughton referreeing this season  :shake: :

P   W   L       F         A        PD
6   1    5     114      235       -121

How does he get away with it ? The club should really make the RFL aware of the ba5tard5 record with us. It may force him to be fairer (maybe).

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 09 Sep 2009, 08:39:08 am
i'll guarantee, if it were the other way round, ie W5 L1, nobody would be talking about how biased he is towards us!!

lets not look for excuses already

IF laughton is that bad, it will be there for everyone to see on thursday night, just remember when you're sitting at home, watching the game, with no pressure on you, and the opportunity to look and second look at 50-50 calls, that laughton doesnt get that chance.

i've no doubt he'll make some absolute howlers, lets just hope our guys are better on the night.
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 09 Sep 2009, 08:52:39 am

5 of those games were in the league and we lost 4. Thats 50% of our losses for the season and our only two home defeats that can be attributed PARTLY to Laughton.

To be honest we aren't in the form to trouble Widnes anyway but if we were to run them close i would hate to get beat on a stupid Laughton decision.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #3 on: 09 Sep 2009, 10:19:46 am
Lets wait til tomorrow, if he does make odd decisions etc then everybody will see this on TV, and something could be done about it.
He did make some weird ones at Leigh and Widnes, the lads are aware of him I just hope they dont put their heads down when he gives them a penalty.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 09 Sep 2009, 01:04:16 pm
If iwas someone at the club iwould be writingto the rfl essewntially every time he refs us we lose -  that statistically is beyond coincidnece when you look at all the other refs we have had.

And then they give us the cheat three games in a row!   

justonelilpoint

Reply #5 on: 09 Sep 2009, 02:24:52 pm
He reffed the first play off game at leigh last season...we won!

Im with puppetmaster...lets not use the ref as an excuse....stats can be used for anything to prove a point!

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 09 Sep 2009, 03:40:40 pm
Since August 2006 Laughton has refereed Haven 11 times and Haven have won 5 and lost 6.  Eight of those matches were away from home and Haven won and lost 4 times.  At Home there has been 3 games and Haven have won 1.   The away wins were at Leigh 07, Batley 07, Celtic 08 and Gateshead 09.   The away losses were at York 06, Sheffield 07,  and the last two games at Widnes and Leigh.  At home Haven won against Dewsbury 08 and lost at home to Fax 09, and Fev 09.

So I don't think the stats are as bad as Reg is making out.

I should have said that these 11 matches are in the league there was a cup match this year as well that Haven lost.
« Last Edit: 09 Sep 2009, 03:48:00 pm by Keith »
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 09 Sep 2009, 03:43:37 pm
Since August 2006 Laughton has refereed Haven 11 times and Haven have won 5 and lost 6.  Eight of those matches were away from home and Haven won and lost 4 times.  At Home there has been 3 games and Haven have won 1.   The away wins were at Leigh 07, Batley 07, Celtic 08 and Gateshead 09.   The away losses were at York 06, Sheffield 07,  and the last two games at Widnes and Leigh.  At home Haven won against Dewsbury 08 and lost at home to Fax 09, and Fev 09.

So I don't think the stats are as bad as Reg is making out.
Wow, KT!
You can tell Town's season is finished.
Are you a closet Havener?
El Tel.
« Last Edit: 09 Sep 2009, 03:45:54 pm by HWL »

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 09 Sep 2009, 03:49:32 pm
Sorry Tel but if you go to RLFans site and look down the righthand side of the forum main page for Statistics and then click on Championship you will get all this info at your fingertips.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!