HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 03 Feb 2007, 01:10:36 pm
Sad  news  regarding  Fats.  Looks  like  he  could  be  out  for  3  month's  due  to  his  arm  not  fully  healing.  Infact  you  wouldn't  blame  him  if  he  decided   to   call  it  a  day  although  lets  hope  not.  Here's  wishing  him  a  speedy  recovery.

On  the  plus  side  he'll  only  miss  a  small  part  of  the  real  season  but  thats  assuming  the  arm  heals  well.  This  puts  more  pressure  on  the  likes  of  Baines  to  get  match  fit.  Even  without  this  happening  I  still  think  we  need  a  big  prop/2nd row  but  now  I'm  even  more  sure  unless  DR  wants  to  blood  one  of  the  youngsters,  say  Ford.

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #1 on: 03 Feb 2007, 02:14:44 pm
bad news marra.can't see dr looking for anyone.think he'll give the young ones a chance see how they do in the cup

don't think we are that desperate yet we've still got some good 2nd rows and props:

trindall
jacko
macca
ford
spencer
hill
baynes
barker
lester
deans(not sure if fit)

havenchamps2005

Reply #2 on: 03 Feb 2007, 04:28:00 pm
deans shoulder isnt right its like the phil sherwin shoulder case

sad news regarding fats
front rowers we have

trindall
baynes
jacko
teare
ford
farmer
jones
hill

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #3 on: 03 Feb 2007, 04:35:42 pm
cheers pal i knew i'd missed some out.  ;D

havenchamps2005

Reply #4 on: 03 Feb 2007, 05:13:01 pm
id expect fordy to get a run in the team now but the starting props will probably be jacko and trindall with teare wright hill off the bench

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 04 Feb 2007, 05:49:11 am
Without  Fats  I  think  were  a  bit  thin  on  the  ground  for  props.  On  paper  we  have  a  few  but  can  we  rely  on  Baines  to  get  fully  fit  and  stay  fit.  Trindall  and  Jacko  should  do  a  decent  job  but  after  that  were  struggling.  Wrights  not  too  bad  but  after  that  your  looking  at  fringe  players.  Its  maybe  not  too  bad  in  the  NRC  as  we  have  probably  the  easiest  of  groups  but  in  NL1  I  think  we  would  struggle  against  quite  a  few  other  teams  forwards.

havenchamps2005

Reply #6 on: 04 Feb 2007, 05:42:59 pm
scott teare was immense today i thought with
teare
trindall
jacko
hill
fordy (had a good game aswell)
im not to worried

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 04 Feb 2007, 05:48:55 pm
Ricky  Wright  also  played  well

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 04 Feb 2007, 07:56:17 pm
Without  Fats  I  think  were  a  bit  thin  on  the  ground  for  props.  On  paper  we  have  a  few  but  can  we  rely  on  Baines  to  get  fully  fit  and  stay  fit.  Trindall  and  Jacko  should  do  a  decent  job  but  after  that  were  struggling.  Wrights  not  too  bad  but  after  that  your  looking  at  fringe  players.  Its  maybe  not  too  bad  in  the  NRC  as  we  have  probably  the  easiest  of  groups  but  in  NL1  I  think  we  would  struggle  against  quite  a  few  other  teams  forwards.

fordy and tear are two very good big forwards and will make top nl1 players maybe even make sl when a bit older well fordy tears a bit old now starting pro but still class