HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

carney!

Tommy43

Reply #15 on: 20 Dec 2006, 12:08:22 pm
    just remember when your  out watching RU   ------ whitehaven  is a massive step up in class

Agreed, but so is the step from amateur RL

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 20 Dec 2006, 10:20:31 pm
    just remember when your  out watching RU   ------ whitehaven  is a massive step up in class

Agreed, but so is the step from amateur RL    well said tommy there is loads of ru players over the years that could have been just as good at amateur rl. mainly backs though i would have thought.
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline pubrecre

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 21 Dec 2006, 09:40:14 am
yes agreed no problem with that , , i have mean no disrespect to RU or the amateur game  , i spend my Saturdays at one or the other , all i am saying is Calvert signed and within about a month of starting pro training he was in the first team , not that many amateur players do that, it usually takes a number of months.

It would be interesting to hear other views on why we do not
produce super league players in cumbria,  think we could name on one hand how many cumbrians in super league,
is it because  the players dont want to leave the area or good jobs , i am sure some of the locals would  or could do well in super league,,   i can only recall rob purdham leaving haven for a transfer fee and doing well in super league ,  ok there are a number of players sign (  16 - 18 )   but never seem to make it  .

havenchamps2005

Reply #18 on: 22 Dec 2006, 07:32:39 pm
mcavoy signed from the amatuer game and within 2-3 week was in the first team