HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

THE NOW UNOFFICAL SITE OF WHITEHAVEN RLFC

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
on: 09 Feb 2007, 10:08:13 pm
just listening to the 1st podcast and the club have already have made a booboo the have made the decision to make the forum unofficial because of postings about THE BOARD

well many people said it would affect something and it has

after all of flannez hard work the club just do this

it is a disgrace

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 09 Feb 2007, 10:32:16 pm
It's true, as you can probably see, the links on the forum have now been changed to reflect it's unofficial status.

In my mind though it isn't going to change how the forum is operated or run, it just means that the club are not going to use it as an official outlet.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 10 Feb 2007, 10:34:50 am
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/viewarticle.aspx?id=465312

Seems this article might have something to do with the Forum status been changed, altough i didnt agree with the pic been posted, the article itself is a bit OTT. The pic showed only his ankle, there was no bones sticking out, as it says in the article and definitley no pics of his face, so to say you could see the agony he was in, is Poetic Licence. But thats what newspapers do.

Tony W

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 10 Feb 2007, 11:24:44 am
 Mr Haven Warrior,

Sorry to disappoint you but it is not because of postings about the Board. How can the club endorse pictures like that of Ryan Campbells injury being shown on an official website? Answer they cannot it was totally out of order. The club totally condemns behaviour like that and wants no part of it.

Des Byrne

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2007, 12:03:15 pm
Mr Haven Warrior,

Sorry to disappoint you but it is not because of postings about the Board. How can the club endorse pictures like that of Ryan Campbells injury being shown on an official website? Answer they cannot it was totally out of order. The club totally condemns behaviour like that and wants no part of it.

Des Byrne

If you care to read my post above i make no reference to the BODs, you are maybe getting paranoid, the post above mine referred to the BOARD not mine.

If you read my post i said,  i didnt agree with it! Although i think the article in the News and Star is greatly exaggerated! . I have seen the pic, as i seen those of Henrik Larseen and Djibrl Cisse when the suffered simialar injuries in Football. They were all over the Net, and there was no fuss like this. The pic that was on here, and you will know if you have seen shows NO BONES STICKING THROUGH, nor can you see Ryans face.

I also cant believe you didnt know about this on Thurs Night, but you were happy then, when the Website and Forum were been touted as one of the most used in RL.

TW
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2007, 12:05:25 pm by HavenWarrior »

havenchamps2005

Reply #5 on: 10 Feb 2007, 12:53:39 pm
i know ryan well and he knows about the picture being posted on a website he said he would just like to know how the photographer got the picture because there was that many people round him at the time

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2007, 01:49:45 pm

Haven Warrior,

My apologies to you it was the post of Haven Mascot that referred to the Board. The first I knew of this was when contacted at 5-0pm on Friday by a News and Star reporter. Believe it or not. Enjoy the season.

Des Byrne

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 10 Feb 2007, 02:27:05 pm

Haven Warrior,

My apologies to you it was the post of Haven Mascot that referred to the Board. The first I knew of this was when contacted at 5-0pm on Friday by a News and Star reporter. Believe it or not. Enjoy the season.

Des Byrne

des it was the club who made the forum unoficall to make it unoffical it would had to take a vote or something like that.

i have been behind the board many times before has i have said in many of my postings this one in paticular

what the board's done in the last few years to get whitehaven rlfc to it's current state is fantastic like many have said the players we were hoping to sign (nayan) and players who played last season (leafa) have stayed or went to clubs who have got more money the board have took us to widnes twice for GF we were unlucky not to get into SL once don't remind me about the other time we have got to the semi-finlas of the league cup over the last few years a few years ago a top 8 finish in northen ford premiership would be an achievement now we are in Nl 1 and making the play-offs and only missing out on the grand final cause of a dodgy decision and missed kicks now we need to stop dissing the board and praise them to what they have made whitehaven rlfc into.

well done the board

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline asterix

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 10 Feb 2007, 02:46:32 pm
i know ryan well and he knows about the picture being posted on a website he said he would just like to know how the photographer got the picture because there was that many people round him at the time

I was the photographer, Im really sorry for any distress caused, I was just reporting on the game through the medium of Pictures. When I put it on the Widnes board I also put how gutted I am for Ryan and wish him speedy recovery. I really cant understand the over reaction from the paper in question. If Ryan would like to get in contact with me thats fine, Please pass on my details via here.

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 10 Feb 2007, 02:59:27 pm

I was the photographer, Im really sorry for any distress caused, I was just reporting on the game through the medium of Pictures. When I put it on the Widnes board I also put how gutted I am for Ryan and wish him speedy recovery. I really cant understand the over reaction from the paper in question. If Ryan would like to get in contact with me thats fine, Please pass on my details via here.

Thanks for coming on. It really isn't your fault though for taking the photograph. I presume this is your job so this is the kind of thing you are meant to do. If people read through the topic the photo was posted in, they will find everyone is wishing Ryan well and a speedy recovery. The over reaction from the paper is disgraceful. I don't live up their either but I'm led to believe this has got front page headlines, can you believe that?!

The more I think about it, the more it makes me shake my head.

A very very very disillusioned Flannerz  :(
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2007, 03:47:51 pm by Flannerz »

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #10 on: 10 Feb 2007, 03:33:29 pm

Hello Asterix,

Again, thanks for replying and giving us your views, the fact was not that the photo was taken that is not the issue, our gripe has been with the local press creating the sensationalism and wholly unfactual report without obviously doing any research.  I doubt they carried out any research like checking the Widnes site and/or forum or bothered to read the Haven Forum, Town Forum or any other to see what the reactions were to the picture. Until the headline hit the newspapers today there had been no comment from any Town Fan or Haven Fan publically on either board. In fact, the only reaction was get well wishes for Ryan
The local rag got whiff of the pic being posted and jumped on the bandwagon and todays paper reflects that - also the fact it is the local derby match this weekend - nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks again.

Take care

« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2007, 03:37:01 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›