HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Toulouse change of rules on SL application

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 01 Mar 2010, 12:36:04 pm
So dispite them saying Toulouse had to meet on field criteria like all other CH clubs, the RFL have now back tracked and said Toulouse do not have to meet it to apply for a SL licence. Toulouse have said they have known this from the start, so what did the RFL tell the clubs and, had the championship clubs known this from the start would have voted to allow them into our league.
So it appears they are now a shoe in for a SL place in 2012.
Has very little effect on us as we were never going to be in a position to mount a credible bid next year, and in a way our recent money problems may have been a form of blessing in disguise as we haven't had the money to waste trying to gain that on field tick in the box
But where does this leave the likes of barrow, widnes, fax, leigh who over the last few seasons have spent big money just to get into or try to get into a position from where they could apply.
I have no doubt if the clubs were aware of this from the start of last season then they would not having been throwing around the kind of money they having trying to buy a team to tick the box

This should be the final straw for CH clubs and they should break away and form there governing body with there own tv deals etc etc ( there would be no shortage of takers).I like may fans have stated before id rather watch us being competitive in the Championship with a team i can relate to, than have a team full of assuies getting spanked in SL  very week

Time for a change at the RFL before they kill the game for good
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2010, 01:58:34 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #1 on: 01 Mar 2010, 01:00:27 pm
You got a link for this alan??
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 01 Mar 2010, 01:09:41 pm
heres the link for the RFL statement when Toulouse joined the CH stating they had to meet the same on field criteria

http://www.therfl.co.uk/~therflc/home/news_item.php?id=11628

this new story there isn't a link yet but its in all the RL papers today , the RFL( or Mr lewis) are saying they bring other criteria to the table and Quote a TV deal, ( so the french TV channel )that pays SL Europe for the right to broadcast Catalans games will now pay SL Europe more as there will be 2 french teams.

proves that TV is running our sport and look how well football has turned out because of TV deals , all the money going to players and a sport that is both morally and financially bankrupt
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #3 on: 01 Mar 2010, 01:12:27 pm
Unfortunately without a the SKY tv deal we would never had entered full time RL so it does not have all bad points, lets just hope it dont turn into NFL where the games take breaks so the tv can show commercials!!!

Lets hope someone out there starts a petition at the very least?!!
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline SRC

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 01 Mar 2010, 01:49:13 pm
http://www.lasttackle.com/news_3335-toulouse-handed-path-to-super-league.html?

I'm lost for words on this one.

There goes the dream.

:witch:

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 01 Mar 2010, 02:50:47 pm
[quote author=SRC link=topic=5985.msg74342#msg74342 -league.html?

I'm lost for words on this one.

There goes the dream.

I wonder if its the same criteria for the new south wales club

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #6 on: 01 Mar 2010, 03:50:34 pm
Like I said SRC surely this is against fair competition rules, remember sports clubs are businesses, there must be some sort of law against this unless clubs have already vetoed any powers of objection!!

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 01 Mar 2010, 04:46:55 pm
its about time champ and champ 1 teams  broke away from the rfl and took our challenge cup with us set up our own fair leagues with promotion and relegation back in place the rfl are now a spent force  :grrr:
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 01 Mar 2010, 06:24:58 pm
a new this would happen soon as they joined the league that,l be 2 french its a wonder they dont want another welsh, so it doesnt matter even if other teams win everything ?, no wonder they dont wanna tell other clubs lol

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 01 Mar 2010, 07:43:12 pm
South Wales will be next, they had a team full of crusaders players against town yesterday and you can bet if they come up this season the will be fast tracked next year. RL is the most unfair sport on the planet, i think i will be sticking with the reds.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline SRC

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 01 Mar 2010, 07:52:31 pm
Martyn Sadler (RL Express Journo) has posted on the rlfans.com forum ....

"The RFL has now issued a press release stating that Toulouse do indeed have to reach the 2010 Grand Final to apply for a 2012 Super League licence.  An RFL official told our correspondent Mike Rylance that they didn't have to, but it seems that the RFL got it wrong."

Presuming he's not a doppleganger, it may well be business as usual.  Or maybe a Freudian Slip.

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=446965&start=135 Page 10 and page 11

What a load of wazzocks.  For the sake of the sport, step down from the RFL boys and let some professionals take the reigns.

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 01 Mar 2010, 08:11:09 pm
Martyn Sadler (RL Express Journo) has posted on the rlfans.com forum ....

"The RFL has now issued a press release stating that Toulouse do indeed have to reach the 2010 Grand Final to apply for a 2012 Super League licence.  An RFL official told our correspondent Mike Rylance that they didn't have to, but it seems that the RFL got it wrong."

Presuming he's not a doppleganger, it may well be business as usual.  Or maybe a Freudian Slip.

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=446965&start=135 Page 10 and page 11

What a load of wazzocks.  For the sake of the sport, step down from the RFL boys and let some professionals take the reigns.

so that doesnt explain the toulouse offical saying they were told last year they didnt need to get to final,
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline SRC

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 01 Mar 2010, 08:35:45 pm
Exactly.  Hence my 'Freudian Slip' remark.

Either the RFL are totally dishonest, or just stupid.  Either way, they shouldn't be anywhere near our sport.

• Haven Legend
Reply #13 on: 02 Mar 2010, 02:00:16 pm
read martyn sadler(RL express) post on what happened

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=446965&start=240

2nd post down it makes for very interesting reading
THE MULLET IS BACK