HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

HAVEN VS BATLEY

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
on: 24 Sep 2006, 06:52:53 pm
that was absolutly a class show today the boys were well up for it and what a display they gave im totally proud to be part of the best club in the world, what an atmosphere there was reminds me of last year and lets look forward to widnes next week, lets c if we can take a big following to cheer em on i for one wil be there, come on haven this is where the players need us the most

did anyone think ganson was a discrace today

and we had a crowd of well over 2,000 today like no dought

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2006, 06:53:26 pm
after today's matchi hope batley go away and clean up their act and become more clean the amount of high tackles was unbeliveable i must of counted at least 10 nearly 15 and about 10 was let go but after today's performance i hope next week at widnes we will get to the grand final

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2006, 06:54:25 pm
the crowd was actually 1906

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2006, 06:55:30 pm
The attendance today was just under the 2000 mark at 1,906 - Ganson was dire to say the least and for most of the match the lads were up against Ganson and Batley.  All credit to them - they held their own and their composure to overcome this with a fabulous display.

Well Done!
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2006, 07:08:46 pm
 I watched them on Rugby League Raw last night and they were spear tackling and giving high shots all game!
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2006, 07:11:05 pm
Tough  game.  Defence  was  excellent.  Once  we  got  to  12-0  up  they  put  us  under  alot  of  pressure.

If  we  can  tackle  like  that  next  week  we  must  have  a  chance.

Offline Tr@ctorboy 47

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2006, 07:18:06 pm
i thought batley played a dirty game. but haven stuck to thier task. nice to see DR shake hands with the fans in the kells end
:(

Offline Haven Baz

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2006, 07:51:14 pm
Thought Haven played very well,  even more as they played against Batley and  Ganson, why do we always seem to get him for big games he's rubbish and for a SL ref a joke.
 Next up Widnes, if the team can keep the defense tight like today which i thought was very good and keep handling errors down i reckon a win is on the cards for next week.
 Some big hits on Nanyn needed early on to keep him quiet and a first half hour like the Rochdale game for eighty mins and we'll come away with a good victory.
HAVEN ON THE MARCH TO WARRINGTON WITH A PITSTOP IN WIDNES

Offline Haven Baz

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 24 Sep 2006, 07:55:18 pm
I agree Ganson was rubbish and the other two officals weren't much good, but well done to the team for overcoming Batley and the officials.

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 24 Sep 2006, 08:27:56 pm
Excellent win for the lads today. I thought it would have been a lot closer than that. Nilling them is even better as well...bring on Widnes!

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 24 Sep 2006, 10:17:15 pm
Well its a short road to the GF now, we keep this form and we will win the GF!
go Haven.

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 24 Sep 2006, 10:28:51 pm
Word is that Nanyn is out for the rest of the play-offs, injured with a calf strain or something.  Wilkes has also finished his season today as well.
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2006, 10:38:35 pm by rdc »

Offline fatsrules

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 24 Sep 2006, 10:34:24 pm
haven deserved to win yes their were a lot of high shots but that was the only Batley would win if they dragged us into a brawl we wer too smart  and good for them. Attendance only 1900. somebody miscounted!!!!!!!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 25 Sep 2006, 01:20:31 pm
Great win for the lads keep it up !!! ;D

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 25 Sep 2006, 04:24:02 pm
I couldn't understand Gansons decision to sin bin GB for what looked like a fairly innocuous offence. No warnings, it seemed a bit harsh. When are they going to be consistent, he seemed to conveniently miss the high hits and lying on from Batley. Still, we beat them by sheer hard work and solid defensive play.

Till next time........................................