HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

A wins a win i suppose

Guest · 33 · 2813

Monte2carlo

on: 05 Mar 2010, 09:21:00 pm
Thank god thats over. We are really going to struggle unless Ged is given some money to spend

Monte  :-[

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 05 Mar 2010, 09:22:35 pm
Obviously we're all pleased that we won but quite honestly the actual result is just papering over the cracks. Something needs done quickly or else we're in big trouble.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #2 on: 05 Mar 2010, 09:22:47 pm
Money is there apparently, tho is Ged the right man to be spending it??? Also wht players are available???
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #3 on: 05 Mar 2010, 09:26:26 pm
Money is there apparently, tho is Ged the right man to be spending it??? Also wht players are available???
they are trying to get players, but who is available/affordable??
« Last Edit: 05 Mar 2010, 09:46:44 pm by njg4haven »
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #4 on: 05 Mar 2010, 09:28:44 pm
only made available recently, they are trying to get players, but who is available/affordable??

Imo we have to be looking at SL players in on loan or from abroad, i cant possibly imagine that there are players out there in england that are the required level to get us out the mire readily available! Look at JT he came over here due to slary cap restaints hoping to get hiself noticed by a SL club, surely they gotta be more players in the same predicament
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 05 Mar 2010, 09:30:35 pm
Found it all very disappointing.  I can accept Leigh were up for it but we sound so ineffective in attack most trys seem to come from close range - I may be wrong but I just can not see where we are going to get a performence from to compete with the Teams coming up over the next 5 weeks

Ged  seems very inconsistent in his assesments a few weeks ago we were going for top three in his view last week in the paper hes says everyone realises its going to be  a difficult season.

Add to which - Fighting among the players is very bad news as well. -No sign of any signings
-Injurys to Props where we are already week.

Its hard to be optimistic I have said it before Toulouse is the one game in teh first five we have a chance so we have to pick up some points.

Offline Future

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 05 Mar 2010, 09:36:21 pm
THANK GOD WE WERNT PLAYING A LEAUGE 1 SIDE WE ARE IN TROUBLE AND THERE IS NO GETTING AWAY FROM IT I PREDICT 1 LEAUGE WIN OUT OF FIRST 7 KEITHLEY AT HOME

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 05 Mar 2010, 09:38:15 pm
Thank god thats over. We are really going to struggle unless Ged is given some money to spend

How about using the money to get a Decent Coach!

HW

J.D. Raaz

Reply #8 on: 05 Mar 2010, 09:43:03 pm
only made available recently, they are trying to get players, but who is available/affordable??

I'm going to withdraw from this thread after this posting. My thoughts are made clear on the score update section.

However, I will respectfully disagree with this representation.

Now, I'm going to pour myself a second cocktail, and thank you again for your optomistic and realistic comments earlier. :)

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #9 on: 05 Mar 2010, 09:45:00 pm

How about using the money to get a Decent Coach!

HW

wud cost a whole load more to cancel his contract, who would fund that???
Coxy mentioned Carl rudd a number of times, all negative, although the poor 1st half cannot be just down to him.
Players have to stand up against 'poorer teams'

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #10 on: 05 Mar 2010, 09:47:27 pm
So far the only time any acceptable standard has been reached imo is the kids against oldham and the first team for 50 mins against donny

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #11 on: 05 Mar 2010, 09:48:06 pm
they are trying to get players, but who is available/affordable??

I'm going to withdraw from this thread after this posting. My thoughts are made clear on the score update section.

However, I will respectfully disagree with this representation.

Now, I'm going to pour myself a second cocktail, and thank you again for your optomistic and realistic comments earlier. :)
[/quote]
Enjoy the cocktail, it will taste better than the 1st, now the game is over.
« Last Edit: 05 Mar 2010, 09:52:44 pm by njg4haven »

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #12 on: 05 Mar 2010, 10:06:36 pm

Who do we blame for our inept performances?  The team?  The Coach?

A bit of both, although like any leader the 'buck stops' with the coach,but as said before the well paid contracted players who should be and are not consistently performing should take a long hard look.
Our fitness is not in question, discipline, talent but most of all attitude is our downfall IMO

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #13 on: 05 Mar 2010, 10:24:36 pm
Just back from the game. We were very poor for the first 20 and then seemed to steam-roll them in the last 10 of the first half. Similar story in the second half as well. Simply not good enough.

On a positive note, Sice was probably our man of the match, always looking to do work and made plenty of yards. Also I was very impressed with Dawes (not the haircut mind), always looked comfortable, made a couple of good breaks and jumped well to claim two short kick offs. Reece Fox also put in a good stint but a lot of lads needs to pick up their performances quickly if we are to stand any chance in this league.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #14 on: 05 Mar 2010, 10:31:57 pm
Just back from the game. We were very poor for the first 20 and then seemed to steam-roll them in the last 10 of the first half. Similar story in the second half as well. Simply not good enough.

On a positive note, Sice was probably our man of the match, always looking to do work and made plenty of yards. Also I was very impressed with Dawes (not the haircut mind), always looked comfortable, made a couple of good breaks and jumped well to claim two short kick offs. Reece Fox also put in a good stint but a lot of lads needs to pick up their performances quickly if we are to stand any chance in this league.

Good summary John, cheers