HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

A wins a win i suppose

Guest · 33 · 2816

Offline mega570

• Academy Signing
Reply #15 on: 05 Mar 2010, 11:00:20 pm
after a time to sit and reflect on tonights result i think it is going to a very long season.we did not seem up for it and our "fitness" saw us through in the end.many people will blame the coach,my self included where was lancaster?.but at the end of the day we were playing an amateur side.my small black dog with one eye,three legs and an addiction to lick his bottom could have coached the team to a win by a big margin.blame ged all you like but our pack was bigger(got out muscled),back line bigger and stronger(ripped to shreds),half backs classier(did they play),and this was on  radio cox.the hunger of past teams is gone we are like the top four of the premiership.playing for whitehaven now means a fat sellafield job and contract money and maybe winning pay.many of the squad earn more than super league players.i for one do not and will not complain about their wages salaries etc,but the on field performances this year lead me to believe the squad has lost its hunger.on a final happier note and  many haven fans will agree mrs raaz stay off the cocktails you should be drinking stella when watching the mighty haven. ;D

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 05 Mar 2010, 11:20:46 pm
Money is there apparently, tho is Ged the right man to be spending it??? Also wht players are available???

money is there true but it should have been there months ago, not making excuses,
 i think it was a shocking team selection

the one thing we haven't had during the pre-season games is a settled half back pairing, and it showed against town both half backs were poor

so i thought this week we would see the 6 and 7 that would start against toulouse,is the young lad going to play against Toulouse i doubt it
 i expected to see govin  6 skee 7 as too me they have been the best half backs in all the games played so far, govin was poor against town but prior to his injury looked a class act , and skee hasn't put a foot wrong

listened to bits and bobs of the match at work and one thing coxy commented on was poor passing and poor last tackle kicks from rudd(something every one has passed comment on for weeks), skee's kicking game is better and he should be playing

right hand side defence  sounded like a siv,and it sounded like dawes did ok , however i realy feel for lanc awesome against Oldham would have played against batley at home if played when it should be and still doesnt get a look in

whats next weeks team anyone's guess but i do fear the worst and i will be glad to be proved wrong, but with what sounded like bad injuries to ginge and barker our squad just keeps getting thinner

who i think needs to line up next week for any chance of a win

lancaster
calvert
jackson
eilbeck
dawes
govin
skee
amor
matty
jacko
s miller
hill
thornley

ford
farrar
dexter
sice

« Last Edit: 05 Mar 2010, 11:37:15 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline partonian

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 05 Mar 2010, 11:45:34 pm
 >:(  have you ever had a pair of rugby boots on BKM

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 06 Mar 2010, 12:18:21 am
>:(  have you ever had a pair of rugby boots on BKM

why please explain where im going wrong, and what are you angry about
« Last Edit: 06 Mar 2010, 12:27:05 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven24/7

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 06 Mar 2010, 07:42:01 am
I was at the match last night.   The performance of some of the players was abismal.   Other players stood out.   The ref didn't help with some silly descisions.   The thing that got to the supporters the most (. All of about 30 of us). Was the set up we have got at haven.   The Leigh miners club have a professional set up far better than ours.  They were organized n as the coach said after th match a basic plan nearly worked for them.  The front row worked hard and set the platform for the rest of the team.  After the match the miners players came and talked to us.   Our players were in a seperate room.   Team morale is very low.  Every try that was scored was not celebrated with a pat on the back or nowt.  The walked back up the pitch hanging their heads in discgust and as for our BOD.   Their attitude towards the club is to be questioned.       

• Haven Legend
Reply #20 on: 06 Mar 2010, 09:21:57 am
I was at the match last night.   The performance of some of the players was abismal.   Other players stood out.   The ref didn't help with some silly descisions.   The thing that got to the supporters the most (. All of about 30 of us). Was the set up we have got at haven.   The Leigh miners club have a professional set up far better than ours.  They were organized n as the coach said after th match a basic plan nearly worked for them.  The front row worked hard and set the platform for the rest of the team.  After the match the miners players came and talked to us.   Our players were in a seperate room.   Team morale is very low.  Every try that was scored was not celebrated with a pat on the back or nowt.  The walked back up the pitch hanging their heads in discgust and as for our BOD.   Their attitude towards the club is to be questioned.       

good some one at the game, who played well, was our right hand side defence as bad as it sounded??
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline partonian

• Academy Signing
Reply #21 on: 06 Mar 2010, 09:32:30 am
im not having a go at you BKM just that its no good signaling a certain player out when there is others not performing aswell , which way they are playing tells you it looks like there is a bit of trouble in camp , if not its time for a change of coach , before the crowd drops to less than 600

• Haven Legend
Reply #22 on: 06 Mar 2010, 09:38:18 am
im not having a go at you BKM just that its no good signaling a certain player out when there is others not performing aswell , which way they are playing tells you it looks like there is a bit of trouble in camp , if not its time for a change of coach , before the crowd drops to less than 600

i agree and normally would never single out a player, it certainly ain't rudds fault for our poor form, but at the mo he is under performing in every aspect of his game( and he is the only half back who has played in all the game ), when you look at the the batley 6 the cougars 6 etc etc and what they offer their team, we aint getting anywhere near that, i would try rudd back at 13,and take some of the pressure off him to create everything by having skee and govin as halfbacks
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline partonian

• Academy Signing
Reply #23 on: 06 Mar 2010, 10:01:05 am
 ;)  totally agree BKM thats what govin and skee were brought to the club for ,  surely we can see this , but why cant GED STOKES ?

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 06 Mar 2010, 10:25:52 am
i was there last night and straight from kick off we wern,t interested we kept making mistakes and didnt look like a championship side fair play to leigh miners they had their cup final last night and deserved the 20 points they got but that was a arm wrestle for us. liked dawes sicey worked hard and reece run hard but we just dont have a play maker why did we get skee and govin if we arent gonna play them!!!
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline ken kerr

• Academy Signing
Reply #25 on: 06 Mar 2010, 11:11:11 am
only made available recently, they are trying to get players, but who is available/affordable??

I'm going to withdraw from this thread after this posting. My thoughts are made clear on the score update section.

However, I will respectfully disagree with this representation.

Now, I'm going to pour myself a second cocktail, and thank you again for your optomistic and realistic comments earlier. :)
Looks like a case of Deja vu,town fans warned you about Mr Stokes :shake:

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 06 Mar 2010, 08:09:08 pm
Leigh m done the basics very well and we never IMO
kept there defence well for amateurs and when on the break backed each other up to support an offload. our defence needs work and one man rugby with no support needs to change. we need to play as a team not individuals.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #27 on: 06 Mar 2010, 09:06:58 pm
problem is we dont have a playmaker
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Monte2carlo

Reply #28 on: 06 Mar 2010, 10:20:10 pm
problem is we dont have a playmaker

We do have a play maker, however he is either injured or suffers from low confidence at present.

Monte :tip:

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #29 on: 06 Mar 2010, 11:31:08 pm
that then means we dont have one doesnt it?