HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Zut Alors! Haven 34 - Toulouse 20

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 13 Mar 2010, 07:38:44 pm
Looks like I picked the wrong time to have kidney stones  :'(  I managed to miss a home win

Well it is over to you - your thoughts and comments on the win over Toulouse?

Crowd:  1,181

Your thoughts/comments?
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline forever haven

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2010, 08:08:34 pm
poor 1st half much better 2nd, rudd my man of match.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2010, 08:10:56 pm
shocking first half, why was dexter playing centre, crowd getting on rudds back all the time give him a break, sicey man of match by a mile rhys fox tackled well when was on

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2010, 08:24:06 pm
Poor first half. Once again we gave too many pens away. 3 of their 4 tries came off the back of penalties. 2nd half was far better. Discipline improved and the fact they didn't score in the last 40 showed how well we played. If we can produce that 2nd half showing for the rest of the season I think we will do quite well.

Xo-Lindsay-oX

Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2010, 08:31:48 pm
shocking first half, why was dexter playing centre, crowd getting on rudds back all the time give him a break, sicey man of match by a mile rhys fox tackled well when was on

I didn't think anyone was getting on Rudds back, IMO Rudd should have been MOM :)

Offline sonicrebel

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2010, 08:35:58 pm
I agree with Brow lad, shocking first half  :-[, Dexter should never have been playing Centre.  Rudd blows hot and cold, but was much better with Skee taking some of the pressure off him.  Sice should have got MOM  :bow:, a good performance from all of our lads  :bow:, we just have to kick on and make sure we play like we did in the second half for the rest of the season.  :) ;D :)

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2010, 08:40:34 pm
Where i was Rudd was getting slaughtered but i thought he was average 1st half but much better in the 2nd half and showed what a classy player he can be . I thought their prop was very good too .

Offline Haven Lad

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 13 Mar 2010, 09:21:29 pm
sicey my MOM came on and changed the game
Whitehaven 2010....Heres to the future.

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 13 Mar 2010, 10:06:53 pm
Great second half from our guys,Govin,Rudd and Skee all played very well but once again Sicey turns the game around when he came on, class lads keep it up.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 13 Mar 2010, 11:20:33 pm
just need to beat blackpool now and hope we get a good draw, looks a lot better than lastweek

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #10 on: 14 Mar 2010, 01:00:30 am
Not sure who, but one of the Toulouse players has broken his hand.  My "idiot child" has sprained his ankle ligaments which forced us to a trip to A & E and 3 of the Toulouse players were in there.  Son was proudly sitting in his wheelchair sporting his Haven top as if to gloat at the Toulouse players.

Also one of our players was up there (not him injured though) - he took time to speak to my son and wish him all the best - it made his night!

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 14 Mar 2010, 01:05:48 am
thought sicey was mom by a mile changed the game for us

thought dawes did well,

wasnt impressed with mort at all dont think he did anything different from what craig benson carl sice or nick cook could do at full back.

rudds tackling first half was shocking to say the least, ball in hand he is better attacking the line instead of doing inside passes and just shipping it on

was govin injured? why does ged take him off he says he wants him to find form he cant do that from the bench ged!

skee was good tonight he looks good taking the line on manages to slip some nice offloads out

farrer and kyle amor were good tonight as was spencer miller

dexter miller isnt a centre, thought reece fox did well when he went there

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 14 Mar 2010, 07:14:55 am
was i at the same game last night??? what about the stupid flop penalty right on half time. tolouse were starting to look a beaten side ten minutes before half time with all the hard tackling they had to do and the tackling they took, out of curiosity  iwould like to know the individual tackle count, without wynn they would have been a well beaten side from the start.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #13 on: 14 Mar 2010, 07:56:53 am
thought sicey was mom by a mile changed the game for us

thought dawes did well,

wasnt impressed with mort at all dont think he did anything different from what craig benson carl sice or nick cook could do at full back.

rudds tackling first half was shocking to say the least, ball in hand he is better attacking the line instead of doing inside passes and just shipping it on

was govin injured? why does ged take him off he says he wants him to find form he cant do that from the bench ged!

skee was good tonight he looks good taking the line on manages to slip some nice offloads out

farrer and kyle amor were good tonight as was spencer miller

dexter miller isnt a centre, thought reece fox did well when he went there

Thought Mort did well, positioning was very good and held his line most of the time, will get better, and told me he wants to stay all season, clubs need to agree a deal.

Said on here last week to have a bit of faith as ( dont know why) we seem to raise our gane when it matters, 3 points great start, Carl Rudd starting to show what he can do, looked alot more confident in 2nd half.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 14 Mar 2010, 09:15:50 am
I actually thought Mort did OK. Made the mistake of knocking on with their kick although the ball took a wicked bounce. His positional play was very good. Everytime they kicked he was there.