HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

All we need to do this season is ....

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
on: 21 Mar 2010, 08:35:51 pm
Avoid relegation.

If ever there was a season to put the funding of the club on a sound footing by not splashing the cash on signings, then this should be it.

The Yorkshiremen at the end of the A65 should be doomed, so if we amass more points than Batley and don't waste money on short term signings, bring the likes of Fox and others through and gear up for a good set of signings next year, then all should be well financially, and a new stadium on the way.

What the BOD need to announce is a three year plan, or is it already in place, but no ones bothered to tell us ?

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2010, 10:24:58 am
well put marra, its ok saying all we need to do is stay up but by just thinkin like that the gates drop and loss of money that we need, we cant keep playing with a team we expect to lose or wonder what team will turn up.
Players need to be proud of the badge and give a 100% any dead wood needs to go as any coaches we don't need.
If we have any cash get some decent players brought in, if not a fear the worst.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2010, 02:02:47 pm

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2010, 07:42:09 pm
Del Maca, the fans most certainly ARE NOT the last to know.

We know the team is far too weak for the league we are in.
We know the coach is not delivering on motivation and tactics.
We know on field discipline is awful.
We know player power is rife.
We know support is hemeraging away because the team isn't putting the effort in.
We know the BOD are being less than truthful about available funds.
We know we have signed a supply of duff players who should have been left in Workington.
We know good news about the new stadium will be announced just after Christmas, trouble is it's always NEXT Christmas.
We know that the stadium seems to be more important than results at the moment.
We know the coach is opinionated and has his favourites.
We know there are unwelcome cliques in the club.
We know what's left of the supporters are unhappy.
We know we are going to get several hammerings over the coming weeks.
We know things are not going to get any better in the short term.
We know we are one of the favorites for relegation.

In fact we know quite a lot. Suggest you got the wrong end of the stick. IT SEEMS THE BOD ARE ALWAYS THE LAST TO KNOW. :witch: :witch: :witch:

Oh, and we know the RFL don't give a monkey's about rugby in West Cumbria, at least not while they can continue to amuse themselves by inventing teams in obscure parts of Britain and elsewhere where people eat defenseless frogs.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2010, 08:14:23 pm
last to know what the BODS plans are !!!!

but what you say in the post i and most fans can see the rest  ;)

Offline madmarra

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2010, 10:04:28 am
we will avoid relegation and shock quite a few teams at home this year

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 23 Mar 2010, 10:07:38 am
we will avoid relegation and shock quite a few teams at home this year

or run in of games at the end of the season could be a blessing this time
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 23 Mar 2010, 11:07:27 am
Del Maca, the fans most certainly ARE NOT the last to know.

We know the team is far too weak for the league we are in.
We know the coach is not delivering on motivation and tactics.
We know on field discipline is awful.
We know player power is rife.
We know support is hemeraging away because the team isn't putting the effort in.
We know the BOD are being less than truthful about available funds.
We know we have signed a supply of duff players who should have been left in Workington.
We know good news about the new stadium will be announced just after Christmas, trouble is it's always NEXT Christmas.
We know that the stadium seems to be more important than results at the moment.
We know the coach is opinionated and has his favourites.
We know there are unwelcome cliques in the club.
We know what's left of the supporters are unhappy.
We know we are going to get several hammerings over the coming weeks.
We know things are not going to get any better in the short term.
We know we are one of the favorites for relegation.

In fact we know quite a lot. Suggest you got the wrong end of the stick. IT SEEMS THE BOD ARE ALWAYS THE LAST TO KNOW. :witch: :witch: :witch:

Oh, and we know the RFL don't give a monkey's about rugby in West Cumbria, at least not while they can continue to amuse themselves by inventing teams in obscure parts of Britain and elsewhere where people eat defenseless frogs.

I understand your frustration cbandg01 but how mnay "duff" players from Town have played for haven in ant competitive matches this season?    It's one thing not liking your neighbours but I don't think ant ex-Town players have contributed much to Haven's current position, if fact Dawes seems to be doing okay and same for Dexter Miller.   
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline wreckry

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 23 Mar 2010, 04:00:00 pm
probably wont go down to well on here but has anyone thought that relegation might not be a disaster for haven,the team you have now will struggle in this league and if the rumours about your finances are true not a lot of money to spend to improve it,in div 2 however your present squad would win all its home games and the vast majority of aways(except town of course ;)
thus crowds would start to increase as we know most west cumbrian rl fans are only interested in a winning team,relegation would also probably mean a new coach to start afresh in an easier league,if you just avoid the drop this season next year you will have to start winning matches right away or the fans will dwindle every week,also you would have the dubious pleasure of visiting derwent park for an extra match(unless town go up of course  :o)
sometimes you have to take a step back in order to go forward!

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 23 Mar 2010, 04:33:42 pm
I ahve thought that myself there are pros and cons but as you say you would hope that the Calverts Rudds and mattinsons would do well in NL1.   I could see players like Mattinson and Calvert going to Barrow assuming Des is still there and we would probably see Hill , S Miller Joe, Rob Jackson  either pack in or retire which would leave us with pretty much a load of chaff.

So while i see your point i not sure it would be a good thing surviving in this league is the best of option if we possibly can (which i personally doubt) and hoping someone can invvest some money in the team or at least get rid of the 25 of the 44 squad players who will never be up to Championship level so long as night follows day which may save us some money.

Incidentally GS apparently has a new two year contract so he wont be going anywhere whatever happens.   

Offline havenonline

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 23 Mar 2010, 04:47:09 pm
I ahve thought that myself there are pros and cons but as you say you would hope that the Calverts Rudds and mattinsons would do well in NL1.   I could see players like Mattinson and Calvert going to Barrow assuming Des is still there and we would probably see Hill , S Miller Joe, Rob Jackson  either pack in or retire which would leave us with pretty much a load of chaff.

So while i see your point i not sure it would be a good thing surviving in this league is the best of option if we possibly can (which i personally doubt) and hoping someone can invvest some money in the team or at least get rid of the 25 of the 44 squad players who will never be up to Championship level so long as night follows day which may save us some money.

Incidentally GS apparently has a new two year contract so he wont be going anywhere whatever happens.   

Boxer
I think the new two year contract is just roomers at the moment but, if it is true, I'll see you in 2013 (if we are still around) !!!!

Offline wreckry

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 23 Mar 2010, 04:55:54 pm
agree with you there boxer some of your senior pros would probably call it a day but couldnt see any going down the road to barrow if there stated super league ambitions are true,as for a rich benefactor we (town)are still waiting for walshy and that mysterious aussie millionaire to make an appearance  :D

Offline the spy

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 23 Mar 2010, 06:09:44 pm
geds contract runs out at the end of the year as far as i know but anything is possible if we could get a good run in cup then a top superleague club money problems would ease.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #13 on: 23 Mar 2010, 07:42:04 pm
"Keith" your right Dawes and Dexter are no better or worse than the rest of the squad at the moment, however that is not the issue, our expectations are higher and we know 18 months ago we would have considered neither players good enough for our squad, how things can change in a short period when changing club Coaches?

And therein lies the problem, some havent adjusted their expectations in line with current squad, injuries and availalable players to sign.
This is a very very difficult league and were are not the same team as lat year, not palatable but factual.
I know that the club have sought to at least try and buy some quality additions to the squad, and are still trying, but there are many many things against us in this league.
Dual reg will always favour 2 clubs in close proximity.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA