HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Someones been on the bitter tasting jam

Guest · 7 · 975

Monte2carlo

on: 11 Feb 2007, 09:04:03 pm
Having watched Whitehaven twice( Dec 29th 2006 and today) and Widnes last week i have come to the conclusion that there is no way that either Whitehaven or Widnes will feature in Super League 2008, yes they were both superior to Workington probably in all departments of the game but i if i were a Whitehaven supporter or a Widnes supporter accept that you will not be playing in Super League in 2008 unless there is a dramatic turnaround in your club's fortunes.
Admittedly there is a huge gap between Workington and Whitehaven at this moment in time, the sad part is that we at Workington know this but Whitehaven have aspirations above their station and are giving their supporters a false hope, i'm afraid that what i saw today only adds fuel to that false hope, the truth of the matter is that we do not have or will not have a team that is capable of competing at a higher level until we get our heads out of the clouds and back a Cumbrian Super League franchise, whether it be a joint venture between Whitehaven and Workington or whatever, the really sad thing is that we will always have" My team is better than your team" and today YES Whitehaven were better but for how long?

Sore loser like the reast of the donkeys in the shed sorry popular side

IpswichSteve

Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2007, 09:24:47 pm
Now Now Monte old bean, don't be like that!   :P

You pick out one comment there have been some
favourable ones to you jam boys on the Town site.

Personally think you looked quite decent, obviously
quite a bit of improvement to go, but you wouldnt expect anything
else at this stage of the season.

Duffy & Sice were a bit too good for our labouring second half
defence. 

Heres hoping for some more monsoon type weather before the
return at the Wreck.  ::) ::)

I'll have a bet again with yer Monte, all I ask is a 80 point start.  ;)

Anyway watch us go when we get all these five signings, with Soss
hopefully one of them.  We might get 6th!  ;D

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2007, 10:15:30 pm
monte you sad act wot ther hell would you know about rl haven are a class act and will bein the top 3 this season
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

IpswichSteve

Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2007, 10:32:03 pm
 ::) ::) See you havent got any brighter.

Monte has just copied and pasted a Town fans comments
from the Town board. i.e only the last line is Monte's comment!

Do you get me?

Probably not.

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 11 Feb 2007, 11:01:35 pm
Ipswich Steve, good to read your posts and I feel sorry for you travelling all that way up to witness a Haven Town Derby played with the lack of passion and pride that one normally witnesses from an England Football Team, or Cricket or RU.
Haven are still a long way off our best  (Hopefully), but that must be one of the worst Town Teams for years, and yes I will admit watching Town when they had a great team in the 70/80s.(I go to watch and appreciate Rugby League and who ever is playing it)
I don't know if its the players or the coaching but lets be honest you shouldn't need much geeing up to play in a Town Haven Derby. Really hope Town pull it round and I honestly believe it may need drastic action involving not only a sort out of the Players but also the coaching staff before its too late.
Hopefully you will visit the Rec and witness a Derby played this time with FIRE, PRIDE & PASSION and give all us west cumbrians what we expect, another HAVEN win of course

Until the next time

Monte2carlo

Reply #5 on: 11 Feb 2007, 11:59:36 pm
Steve,

Now now I thought you were better than this or maybe you are still sucking on those bitter lemons of geds

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 12 Feb 2007, 10:43:27 am
Town  were  poor  and  stiffer  tasks  may  come  against  Barrow.  Its  not  easy  to  gauge  just  how  good  we  really  are  because  arguably  its  probably  the  weakest  group  in  the  NRC.  Once  we  come  up  against  the  likes  of  Cas,  Widnes etc  etc  when  the  real  season  starts  then  we'll  have  a  better  idea.
Judging  on  what  I've  seen  so  far  though  the  lads  look  alot  fitter  and  maybe  getting  in  a  conditioner  will  pay  off.  Already  there's  comp  for  places  and  when  you  consider  there's  Seedsy, Fats, Maden, Baynes (if fit) and  Aaron  Smith  to  comeback  its  going  to  be  a  nightmare  for  DR  who  to  leave  out.