HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Is it time for a new coach

Offline ken kerr

• Academy Signing
Reply #45 on: 29 Mar 2010, 04:17:11 pm
Quantity over quality has been chosen by the coach, how can anyone claim ged hasn't been given enough when we have an army for a coaching staff and over 40 players signed on our books???????

He has wasted good money, money we scarcely have on his tat signings!!!
lets hope he can turn it arou ;)nd :o

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #46 on: 29 Mar 2010, 06:53:07 pm
Imo cbandg, you have slightly contridicted yourself, in saying Ged aint getting backing, yet then saying he has been financed to bring in Mort, govin and skee. 2 of which i believe are good signings from our division and the other (skee) is a youngster who has spent his youth getting some good coaching from a SL side and imo so far hasnt proved to be a bad signing.

Fully agree the town 4 were a gamble, a gamble that was ged's decision to take and unfortunatley for Haven and Ged it failed. Now im sure with the wages the 3 of them earned whilst here (wont count dexter as he is still here) could have paid for a quality signing. 1 of them was aparently full time, whilst tutty played quite a few games, meaning appearance and win/lose money, even if he wasnt being paid other than this way!!!

Imo there been a couple of unfair comments about Dawes, i feel he can contribute to the "cause" and his form, whilst aint brilliant is definitely solid. I couldn give a rats ass about where the players we sign come from, as long as they are either good enough or have the potential if they are below a certain age. We could sign 5 players from afghanistan, town or saturn tomorrow and i would be happy as long as they met championship standard.

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #47 on: 31 Mar 2010, 08:24:07 pm
Imo cbandg, you have slightly contridicted yourself, in saying Ged aint getting backing, yet then saying he has been financed to bring in Mort, govin and skee. 2 of which i believe are good signings from our division and the other (skee) is a youngster who has spent his youth getting some good coaching from a SL side and imo so far hasnt proved to be a bad signing.

Fully agree the town 4 were a gamble, a gamble that was ged's decision to take and unfortunatley for Haven and Ged it failed. Now im sure with the wages the 3 of them earned whilst here (wont count dexter as he is still here) could have paid for a quality signing. 1 of them was aparently full time, whilst tutty played quite a few games, meaning appearance and win/lose money, even if he wasnt being paid other than this way!!!

Imo there been a couple of unfair comments about Dawes, i feel he can contribute to the "cause" and his form, whilst aint brilliant is definitely solid. I couldn give a rats ass about where the players we sign come from, as long as they are either good enough or have the potential if they are below a certain age. We could sign 5 players from afghanistan, town or saturn tomorrow and i would be happy as long as they met championship standard.

I wouldn't sayall the Town signings failed as one of them did as much as Ged or anyone else to turn your season round last year and oh how you could do with him now as a leader on the field.  I am of course referring to Tane Manehera.   I am not a Ged knocker but when people say Ged turned your season round I think it does a dis-service to what Tane achieved for you.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #48 on: 31 Mar 2010, 08:36:37 pm
for once and once only keith i agree with you regarding tane he was a breath of fresh air for us and put his experience of the game out for all players and fans to see, he certainly lifted us and deffo inspired us to our win against fax playoff game and helping gregg progress not sure if it was geds doing to fetch him to town, but was a great signing for us pity he was knocking on.
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #49 on: 31 Mar 2010, 08:39:14 pm
Agreed Keith, and who signed him.

All goes to prove a point, given the players, he can deliver.

IMO, two top class props to go with the ones we already have, and a centre, and we would take off big time. Mort at FB will do for me at the moment and we have the halfbacks to feed off what would be a dominant pack ....... something we do not dominate in the game at the moment.

Boy o Boy, what would we give to have Edmundo back ?

« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2010, 08:42:38 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #50 on: 31 Mar 2010, 08:53:28 pm
for once and once only keith i agree with you regarding tane he was a breath of fresh air for us and put his experience of the game out for all players and fans to see, he certainly lifted us and deffo inspired us to our win against fax playoff game and helping gregg progress not sure if it was geds doing to fetch him to town, but was a great signing for us pity he was knocking on.

Give over choccy, don't make a habit of it, agreeing with me, remember I have heart problems.     :D :D :D
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #51 on: 31 Mar 2010, 10:36:32 pm

IMO, two top class props to go with the ones we already have, and a centre, and we would take off big time. Mort at FB will do for me at the moment and we have the halfbacks to feed off what would be a dominant pack ....... something we do not dominate in the game at the moment.

The club have had around 9months to be able to find a replacement for edmondson. theres been a fair few forwards moved clubs since then, yet we have captured one, agreed how were we suppose to know he had taken banned substances (we could have tested him though), but he had 3/4 different clubs last year and im sure none of the clubs challenging in the championship never offered him a contract. IMO i have never seen anything in him to say he could have replaced edmondson regardless.

Agree Tani turned out to be an inspired signing, 1 out of 5 aint a record to be proud of thouhg is it????
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #52 on: 01 Apr 2010, 05:33:11 am
Tane was superb for us when he played. What a great kicker. He could turn a fullback and winger and get the ball to stop in the in-goal area almost everytime.

Agree on the prop. What we would for another Edmundo. Farrars done pretty well and will get better with games.

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #53 on: 01 Apr 2010, 07:03:10 am

The club have had around 9months to be able to find a replacement for edmondson. theres been a fair few forwards moved clubs since then, yet we have captured one, agreed how were we suppose to know he had taken banned substances (we could have tested him though), but he had 3/4 different clubs last year and im sure none of the clubs challenging in the championship never offered him a contract. IMO i have never seen anything in him to say he could have replaced edmondson regardless.

Agree Tani turned out to be an inspired signing, 1 out of 5 aint a record to be proud of thouhg is it????

I'm going to throw it out there and say that Thompson was meant to be the replacement for Edmondson?

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #54 on: 01 Apr 2010, 12:56:29 pm
No doubt flannerz, but who on here thinks that he would have been an adequate replacement?!

Offline Future

• Academy Star
Reply #55 on: 01 Apr 2010, 05:45:49 pm
IF WE GET BEAT TONIGHT WILL GED DO THE HONREBLE THING AND RESING AND LET THE CLUB GET ON WITH BUISNESS AS USUELL OR WILL HE DO TO US THE SAME AS HE DID TO TOWN
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2010, 07:56:15 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #56 on: 01 Apr 2010, 10:21:32 pm
Not picking Sicey is another nail in his coffin. This game was crying out for someone with his creativity. How many times were we knocking on their line only to come up with nothing.

Also noticed the banner which was quickly removed. Pressure is on Stokes. How many defeats will it take before the BOD take note. OK it was a much improved showing but we'll go to Widnes on Monday and get another 50+ put past us and have to listen to Coxy telling us of all the penalties we've given away.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #57 on: 01 Apr 2010, 10:50:26 pm
Ged doesnt give penalties away which piggy back the other team up the field and he doesnt fail to convert a hell of alot of pressure into more then 8 points. He should have picked Sice as he would have been able to attack the Barrow line with a bit of speed and creativity something which the other players on the field failed to do
haven till i die