HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

haven v woolybacks

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #15 on: 29 Mar 2010, 06:43:32 pm
Look, even if Ged showed he could leap over tall buildings and turn back the tide in Whitehaven Docks, it would not influence the outcome of the game on Thursday, the game is a formality unless the team play fair by the fans, club and coaching staff and give of their very very best.

If they play the game the way the coaching staff direct them too, and sweat buckets for the club and supporters, then we will have a chance.

If however they do turn it on and win, then we should all be asking questions about why they are only willing to turn it on when it suits them, rather than playing fair by the club and its supporters.

Me thinks Barrow by 40 points .... then watch out for recriminations within the club.

Sorry Ged if the players want you out you'll be gone by next week, wrongly in my opinion.

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 29 Mar 2010, 08:12:44 pm
Look, even if Ged showed he could leap over tall buildings and turn back the tide in Whitehaven Docks, it would not influence the outcome of the game on Thursday, the game is a formality unless the team play fair by the fans, club and coaching staff and give of their very very best.

If they play the game the way the coaching staff direct them too, and sweat buckets for the club and supporters, then we will have a chance.

If however they do turn it on and win, then we should all be asking questions about why they are only willing to turn it on when it suits them, rather than playing fair by the club and its supporters.

Me thinks Barrow by 40 points .... then watch out for recriminations within the club.

Sorry Ged if the players want you out you'll be gone by next week, wrongly in my opinion.
You serious in that you don`t think your lads wil give their all in a derby ?
the only way is up.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 29 Mar 2010, 08:36:49 pm
Look Barramarra, the players have gotten themselves in a hole.

Rubbish every game so far this year except first half Doncaster and second half Frenchies.

Turn it on vrs Barrow, and win ? What does that tell you. Capable but unwilling ... did I say that ?

« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2010, 09:29:08 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #18 on: 29 Mar 2010, 08:39:39 pm

Rubbish every game so far this year except first half Dews and second half Frenchies.

Turn it on vrs Barrow, and win ? What does that tell you. Capable but unwilling ... did I say that ?
we havnt played dewsbury yet marra :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 29 Mar 2010, 08:42:34 pm

Rubbish every game so far this year except first half Dews and second half Frenchies.

As much as i`d like to think it`d be easy i can`t see it at all.
Obviously i don`t watch Haven so you`ll know a lot more than i will about whats going on.
the only way is up.

Offline the spy

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 29 Mar 2010, 09:18:42 pm
haven should get at least 12 start lump on heavy going woolybacks will struggle .

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 29 Mar 2010, 09:29:40 pm
h94, edited it ...thanks

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #22 on: 29 Mar 2010, 09:47:18 pm
I think they will try on Thursday as it would be to embaressing in fornt of family / friend work colleagues etc.  However i think Barrow will have way to much for us all over the field.  Expect we will keeep within 10 -12 points up to half time and then as Barrow did against Toulouse they will pull away easily final score 42 - 12 to Barrow.

Hope i am wrong but we have shown very little cohesion in attack or fortitude in defence and you cant turn those skills on like a tap.   

Offline SRC

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 29 Mar 2010, 10:23:23 pm
I think you're all talking down your chances tbh.  Although I'd love to see the Raiders stuff Haven at the rec, it just aint going to happen.  I am a bit uneasy about Thursdays game and wouldn't be surprised at all if Haven took the points.  You're at home, it's a derby, it's on Sky and we haven't won at your gaff for donkey's years.

Hope I'm wrong though  ;)

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 30 Mar 2010, 08:52:46 am
This gate could be a disaster on Thursday six o clock kick off to humour the sky masters If I lived in Barrow then as sure as a cat is a furry animal I would be watching the game on telly rather than trying to battle through the Sellafield gridlock at peak time.Add to that the haven fans who work on site and the stay away supporters and we could be looking at a very embarrassing "crowd" just an opinion and I hope I am wrong  :witch:  :witch:
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #25 on: 30 Mar 2010, 11:59:29 am
Add into that the wet weather (which I am currently workin in)
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Xo-Lindsay-oX

Reply #26 on: 30 Mar 2010, 03:17:39 pm
Add into that the wet weather (which I am currently workin in)

If the rain doesn't stop the pitch will end up flooded.

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #27 on: 01 Apr 2010, 11:26:53 pm
hopefully a turn for the better
haven 32 barrow 18

i just love choccys predictions ;D
the only way is up.