News and Star - Facts wrong AGAIN!

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 18 Feb 2007, 12:01:14 pm
thanks for the advice, mate

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 18 Feb 2007, 04:27:53 pm
Now you listen to me Keith - its people like you that tar everyone with the same brush when something like this happens! I didn't swear actually - not even when the police were poking me and my 73 year old father in the chest. Neither of us have a criminal record and have never been involved in anything like this before. I, for one, don't think the police can go throwing their weight around and I protested, thugs in uniform who made a fairly innocuos situation much worse than what it was! Ask the innocent passerby, who has also made an official complaint, what he thinks of the out of control constabulary!!
 They, however, swore at me and that is why we have made an official complaint! Get your facts right old lad! Cheers Hensingham boy for putting this clown in the picture.

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 18 Feb 2007, 05:01:30 pm
I should have said the innocent passerby was attacked by a police dog which was in the charge of an equally out of control officer of the law!

Offline natas

• Academy Signing
Reply #18 on: 18 Feb 2007, 05:35:38 pm
I too can confirm that Parton Marra did not swear at the police.I happened to be standing beside him as he berrated the police for their aggressive behaviour,and at no time did he swear.I can also confirm that the police officer in question(he was the one with the dog later on) saw fit to push Parton Marra at least 3 or 4 times in the chest with no reponse from said Marra other than for him to object to being pushed and to ask p.c for his number.

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 18 Feb 2007, 05:59:10 pm
And I'll bet parton.marra that when you "were berating the Police" you never swore once or used any form of foul or abusive language!!!!!!!!     Am I right!!!!!!

Spoken as only an ex PC could.

And the police never go over the top do they not ????

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 18 Feb 2007, 07:02:48 pm
Thanks for these responses. My son faces a very serious charge against him, and any help similar to what has been posted on here, would be very beneficial. I am willing to make a stand against these thugs but I need witnesses.
One further thing  - the guy who was viciously attacked by the police dog is sueing the police!!
HAS ANYBODY GOT ANY PHONE FOOTAGE - IT CAN BE BLUETOOTHED TO ME AND IT WILL REMAIN COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS!

Offline dodgey

• Academy Signing
Reply #21 on: 19 Feb 2007, 11:19:19 pm
papers get a lot wrong as do the fans who were there... Agree it could of been handled better from everyone there but as someone said earlier if the idiot had been sorted inside the ground their would of been no trouble after!!!  As for the loads of coppers there most were community officers who cant do anything so it looked like loads of coppers but in reality there was only a few!! The Town fans soon took off but the Haven fans had no where to go and voiced their opinion ( ok to do but not when your drunk) I think the cops tried to nip it in the bud and get a few locked up so everyone would go.. The poor fella who got bit at the time had said tht he got to close to the dog and was not bothered.... Until he was told of some pounds he might get!! lol ... Saw loadsof phones out and just so you know one of the lads who got lifted was lifted for jumping on a coppers back!! :-\

Offline kellsendlad

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 20 Feb 2007, 05:20:28 pm
if the lads inside the ground were thrown out then they would have just waited for the match to finish outside
and we would still have the same result i didn't see much of what happened as it took ages to get out of the ground
but as we crossed the bridge i saw a lad handcuffed next to a police car in the middle of the road. a man was protesting
to a policeman quite orderly from what i could see but the response from the policeman was to push and shove the
guy and ignore what he was saying. its no wonder there were people arrested if thats the way they were all treated i had my kids with me so we didn't hang around but from what i saw the police seemed to escalate the tension not defuse it.

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 20 Feb 2007, 05:47:13 pm
On the contrary Dodgey, Mr Bentham, the man who was bitten by the police dog, was making an angry lengthy complaint not an hour after the incident at the police station. Far from not being bothered until money was mentioned, he's as mad as hell and understandably so! What do you think would happen to your dog if it viciously set about an innocent passerby? The guy handling the dog  was totally out of control.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 20 Feb 2007, 06:01:39 pm
Years  ago  police  attended  every  home  game,  especially  derby  games  or  any  other  match  which threatened  trouble.

Now  its  a  rare  occurence  to  see  a  PC  at  a  game.  Maybe  if  2  or  3  were  there  it  would  make  it  a  deterent  for  any  wannabe  trouble  makers  as  they  just  seem  to  laugh  at  the  stewards.

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 20 Feb 2007, 06:24:52 pm
True marra, but to be fair this was outside the ground so the stewards were limited to what they could do!

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #26 on: 21 Feb 2007, 07:07:23 am
Police definatly use unessesary force at times, I know cause I have been on the receiving end, and yeah I might off used a few f words because they were being out of order for what they were doing!! but does that give them the right to nearly break my arms by putting them up my back and then thrusting my face into a wall...???I dont think so! I have friends that are Police officers and I have heard with my own ears some of the cracks they getting up to when arresting people!! Abuse I call it!!!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 21 Feb 2007, 07:11:26 am
Oh and by the way.. we left the ground at the town match 2 or 3 minutes early this year cause last year we were subject to abuse from Chav townies!!! The stewards just stood back and watched!! Probably cause they were their parents!!!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 21 Feb 2007, 11:59:17 am
Oh and by the way.. we left the ground at the town match 2 or 3 minutes early this year cause last year we were subject to abuse from Chav townies!!! The stewards just stood back and watched!! Probably cause they were their parents!!!

i doubt that haven crazy, the townie chavs dont know who their parents are!! ;D ;D
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #29 on: 22 Feb 2007, 07:24:46 am
hee hee!  ;D
Can't stand Jam, eh!