HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Players on loan

Guest · 50 · 1933

nevah

on: 08 Apr 2010, 03:28:39 pm
Today Wigan announce that two young players from Wigan are on loan to Haven via the dual registration system.

nevah

Reply #1 on: 08 Apr 2010, 03:32:09 pm
Josh Vievers (full back)and Stefan Marsh (centre) are the names.

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 08 Apr 2010, 04:10:04 pm
Well a step in the right direction, hopefully.

On a positive note:
We have two new players who may turn out to be great players for the team. I wish them all the best and hope that they can do a job for Haven.

On a negative note:
Several weeks ago GS commented on how he didn't want duel registration players because if players were available to Haven they had to play. Since then GS has given the green light to 3 duel registration players. Does this mean that they ALL HAVE to play when at Haven. If this is the case what happens if these players are not as good as the players we already have at the club (for example I think that two from Skee, Govin and Rudd are better than McNally).

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 08 Apr 2010, 04:39:46 pm
Well a step in the right direction, hopefully.

On a positive note:
We have two new players who may turn out to be great players for the team. I wish them all the best and hope that they can do a job for Haven.

On a negative note:
Several weeks ago GS commented on how he didn't want duel registration players because if players were available to Haven they had to play. Since then GS has given the green light to 3 duel registration players. Does this mean that they ALL HAVE to play when at Haven. If this is the case what happens if these players are not as good as the players we already have at the club (for example I think that two from Skee, Govin and Rudd are better than McNally).

That old sayin probably applies - "Beggars can't be choosers".
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 08 Apr 2010, 04:49:33 pm
Spot on with that one Kieth

Everyone could see that we needed some new players to help the team. Ged knew that and he may have tried to get some players who werent dual registration but wasnt able.This is a positive step though
haven till i die

Offline haven24/7

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 08 Apr 2010, 04:58:21 pm
So on a positive note we have two new players,  a fullback and a centre.   I take it mort has gone back to Leigh then?   What is Matt paratta going to do when he comes?  Join the coaching squad!!   The money we have got was meant to be for PROPS.   No disrespect to the two wigan lads. But it doesn't help justify where our team needs building.   There goes the club again.  A statement in the paper reads we need and are looking for props.  They might as well a signed another scrum half or stand off.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 08 Apr 2010, 05:16:28 pm
We also needed a centre after Mcavoy got injured and according to some on here (not me personally) a fullback as benson isnt good enough and Mort has gone back?

How do you know we still arent talking to a prop?
haven till i die

Offline haven god

• First Team Backup

Offline haven24/7

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 08 Apr 2010, 05:31:16 pm
Heard that greggs gone back to huddersfield.  Gone at his own request as he isn't getting on with GED.   Is this the start of worse things to come?

Offline Haven Bright Spark

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 08 Apr 2010, 05:52:12 pm
Reads on the Wigan website that Stefan Marsh is a Stand Off that has been playing centre in recent times,  Might give us that bit of flair in attack that we seem to miss (if we ever get good ball out to them)
The only stupid question is the one never asked!

Offline the donk

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 08 Apr 2010, 06:26:36 pm
great news for the club imo not wot we needed but hey they could turn us around a bit and give sum the other lads a kick up the butt and nice to see the board arent jst concentrating on the new stadium.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 08 Apr 2010, 07:13:13 pm
It makes you wonder if Mort has gone back to Leigh. We badly needed a centre especially with Macca out for a while. Also a couple of props. Farrars injury along with Fordy out has left us very lightweight

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 08 Apr 2010, 07:21:02 pm
Mort was only on a months loan wasnt he?
haven till i die

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 08 Apr 2010, 07:48:53 pm
Mort was only on a months loan wasnt he?

he was ye

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"