HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven Fans CAN YOU HELP?

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
on: 14 Feb 2007, 03:37:45 pm
I am wanting to hear from any Haven fans who witnessed the behaviour of the police outside of Derwent Park on Sunday.

Monte2carlo

Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2007, 08:29:09 pm
sorry,

but i had already left when the trouble had started are you ok

Monte

Offline Pinky_Haven

• Academy Signing
Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2007, 11:16:23 pm
I was walking out of the ground has the trouble started.  There was a gang of about eight kids approximately sixteen year old(chavs) and a bloke in his thirty's/early forty's.  They where waiting at the corner of the street and looked in my opinion looking to start trouble,  the older person being the instigator.  Three haven fans walked passed and the town fans started on these three lads, next minute a scuffle started and the police arrived.  The police then arrested the young haven lad and put him in the back of the police car.  This action in my opinion upset a few of the haven fans (older/sensible people) that they started to question the polices actions.  This is when the trouble seemed to escalate and more arrests where made(haven fans).

Offline Pinky_Haven

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 14 Feb 2007, 11:31:43 pm
Sorry forgot to mention in my last post but this is the third season in a row that there has been trouble at the same fixture.  This is not what RL is about.  We travel up and down the country watching HAVEN and have made many a good friend.  A drink before the match, friendly banter during the match, a drink and a good laugh after the match thats what RL is about.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 14 Feb 2007, 11:39:38 pm
will agree pinky theres no reason for violence imo but what starts the violence is drink and ppl supply it on the terraces ie town and thats what made this a nightmare and a place i wont be going back to for a long time if ever

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2007, 06:39:52 pm
we as fans should boycott that away fixture next season,! ;)
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2007, 11:07:14 am
we as fans should boycott that away fixture next season,! ;)

Well, you never go anyhow, choccy, so that won't be any miss for you!!!!!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2007, 11:24:35 am
never miss a chance to have a good laugh at your amateur rugby team keith roll on march 25th for another good rib buster :D :D
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.