HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

meeting with dick razz

haven94 · 169 · 6158

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #30 on: 06 May 2010, 07:53:25 pm
The vice presidents shouldnt be let anywhere near the meeting. They aren't exactly independant of the club are they?

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 06 May 2010, 07:55:45 pm
''big'' was used not vast marra thats why the personal warning was said

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #32 on: 06 May 2010, 07:59:32 pm
Merchandise cleared 100k last year mega?? How much club see of that??
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline The Observer

• Academy Signing
Reply #33 on: 06 May 2010, 08:06:38 pm
is that clear profit andrew?,

Offline mega570

• Academy Signing
Reply #34 on: 06 May 2010, 08:12:26 pm
i believe the last merchandising deal was over 100k over three years.not one year.please correct me if i have my facts messed up but the 100k went to the club to allow the shirts to be sold for them.i believe it was in the whitehave news.you know the headline"local business steps up to help haven".intersting point what happened to the money?

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #35 on: 06 May 2010, 08:18:41 pm
it's probably with the brick money and the seat money that were sold to the honest genuine fans of the club, but we could be wrong.

Offline mega570

• Academy Signing
Reply #36 on: 06 May 2010, 08:20:22 pm
harsh but fair oxo.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #37 on: 06 May 2010, 08:33:13 pm
One of us or both of us then have been told porkies as I thought that the deal was worth 50k over 5 years!!!

Was a question in reply to mega observer, I have no idea how much is taken per year, tho was told start of one year 40k was taken in 1 week, not a bad return on 10k a year
« Last Edit: 06 May 2010, 08:37:53 pm by jammy dodger »
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #38 on: 06 May 2010, 08:44:32 pm
The vice presidents shouldnt be let anywhere near the meeting. They aren't exactly independant of the club are they?

Still supporters and anyone can be one get your cash in and youll get an invite
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline Pinky_Haven

• Academy Signing
Reply #39 on: 06 May 2010, 09:08:34 pm
Think Billy Rudd at Unique Sports as done a great job with the merchandise over the past years. 
Before Billy took over you used to purchase the replica shirts and tracksuits out of cardboard boxes in the office and that was about all we had. 
Can't believe over the past couple of years how other clubs supporters have commented on the quality and variety of merchandise that we have had. 
We don't want to take a step back in time and go back to the carboard box era do we?  Or is this another example of how the club is going backward instead of building on improvements that we have carried out over the last few year.  Not very professional is it?

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #40 on: 06 May 2010, 09:22:31 pm
Billy even done the shirt for big mcs last year wonder whats happening now!!
i agree with Pinky on that Billy has done a great job and it would be a big step back the club doing it out of boxes again.

Offline mega570

• Academy Signing
Reply #41 on: 06 May 2010, 09:34:04 pm
jammy,it was a three year deal.the business tried to get a new deal but was rebuffed by the new board.that is why this seasons shirts have been poor.the board want to run it in house so they can make more money.or so they think.this is going to end in disaster.we will be back to selling shirts out of a damp box's.it really does my head in when the status quo is busted by people who think they can do better when they do not have a bloody clue about running a business.amateurs bloody amateurs.yep i run a business,and i daily bang my head against the wall at some of the boards decisions. :witch: :witch: :witch:

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #42 on: 06 May 2010, 09:43:22 pm
Wouldn't have solve the mystery if one of either parties could confirm this! I know I'm not the only 1 who believes it was a 5 year deal!

The business in question has done well out of this deal, 2 things point heavily towards that 1) the business wants to extend the deal and 2) the amount of haven merchandise u see, all the new tops bought every year!!

How do you know they will go back to sellin like they used to, yes they may not be clued up to run a RL club, but seeing as mr razz runs a multi billion pound company how can you say he knows nothing about business??!! At a time when the clubs desperatley needs to maximise income people stil have the audacity to complain about it. They obviously see this as a big income stream they are missing out on and want to capitalise on it, you being a fellow businessman should see this for what it is!

If it fails you can you told them so, but they have to try, the last regime sold our merchandise rights for buttons, due to them not bein able to run it efficiently, give these guys a chance

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #43 on: 07 May 2010, 06:53:28 am
by the look of haven 94s photo regy he's going in a very big capacity who ever he represents.
:shake: :shake: :shake:at least a show photo and dont hide behind 1 idiot :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #44 on: 07 May 2010, 07:03:05 am
born and bred haven.