HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

ReASON TO BE CHEERFUL>>>!

XIII · 7 · 1095

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
on: 14 Feb 2007, 11:33:26 pm
(1) Combination of local talent  (Mattinson, Macvoy Rudd Calvert , Sice, Miller Et al) and the experineced players  (Seeds fats lester Smith Fletch, Bull, Leroy, Duffy Jackson, Maiden, Broadbent, Hill  I genuinly think we have the "strongest "squad we have ever had at Whitehaven in the last 50 years.

(2) Real chance (subject to 90K that we will have a SL qualifying stadim by June)

(3)  I don't think Widnes and Cas are any stronger than us this year.  Cas have some quality in Brough Guts and Mcgoldigger but hey they look woefully thin on number once a few injuries kickin they will struggle.  Widnes for my mind are worse than last year.  Smiths good as is Wilkes Nannyn and Moran but i dn't see their pack troubling us and the backs are no better than ours.

A fair run with injuries and a good start tothe season could sse a top two finish ( which is vital) 

SL 2008

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2007, 11:37:41 pm
we need a home tie in the playoffs that is vital marra but i will agree we have the strongest squad imo widnes will not be any better but i just feel good this year think we have the squad to take us to sl and the younger talent we have could just keep us there

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2007, 06:27:27 pm
i belive with the team we have we could finish 1st/2nd place get to another gf and win it
HAVEN FOR SL!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2007, 07:46:00 pm
We will make it !!!!! Get behind HAVEN !!!!! (THE MIGHTY HAVEN) !!! <----  ;D ;D

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2007, 08:38:57 pm
got to agree we are displaying some real class especially with the younger players defo think we should be 1st or 2nd this season     that should get a BITE :D
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2007, 08:54:08 pm
cant read that message! in yellow fonts????

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2007, 09:08:33 pm
If you can't read it then just highlight the text with your mouse.  I find it helps.

I think we should aim for second this year, I can't see any team catching Castleford (unless they have horrendous luck with injuries) but I can see us competing with any other side in the league.