HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Soss to Town

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 15 Feb 2007, 01:14:56 pm
Heard  this  rumour  a  couple  of  weeks  ago  and  thought  it  was  a  joke  but  according  to  BBC  radio  Cumbria  he  is  about  to  complete  a  deal  with  them :o  There  also  in  talks  with  1  or  2  other  players  as  well.

I  know  we've  signed  Fletcher  but  it  would  have  been  great  if  we  could  have  got  Big  Soss  back.  He  was  outstanding  for  us  10  yrs  back  so  there's  no  guarantee  he  would  still  be  as  good  but  it  would  have  been  worth  the  chance.

Also  where  are  Town  suddenly  finding  all  the  cash ??

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2007, 01:22:13 pm
soss has signed for the jampots up the road...time will tell if he is still as good as we all remember

tandy has signed for doncaster dragons
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2007, 03:15:42 pm
how old is soss if he played for us awhile ago he must be getting on

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2007, 03:39:29 pm
Think there may be a problem with his work permit at present.

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2007, 04:09:51 pm
If  the  deal  hasn't  yet  been  completed  I  think  the  BOD  should  nip  in  and  make  him  an  offer.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2007, 04:29:51 pm
Just had a though if Soss does go to Town.  How many Haven fans would go and watch him play when we are playing away.  I remember what a player he was.  We played at Keighley one year and Soss took the ball in his own 20metre area.  Burst 2 tackles and then ran over the top of the full back and went on to score.  Probably one of the best tries ever.

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 15 Feb 2007, 04:55:33 pm
Defo  1  of  the  best  forwards  we've  had  over  the  last  decade.  Still  can't  beleive  we've  missed  out  on  him.  Maybe  the  BOD  didn't  know  he  was  available  or  they  did  but  just  weren't  interested. :(

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 15 Feb 2007, 05:44:16 pm
We tried for him season before last and he went awol. Nuff said

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 15 Feb 2007, 06:12:53 pm
Town are welcome to him you are remembering him of 10 years ago and that is what you have to understand, tell me but what level of Rugby has he been playing lately (American League) now that says everything to me He has taken the easy option in a league where to be honest probably doesn't even compare with our Cumberland Amateur League so take from that what ever you think, town would be better advised thinking of the future and looking to a young English Based player perhaps on loan from one of the SL or NL1 clubs, but hey who are we to argue with that great coach up there and they wonder why they are not making progress lol  long may he stay poor townies!

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 15 Feb 2007, 07:42:07 pm
I remember when he was playing for haven (10 years + ago)  Hull KR or Hull (or someone) were rumoured to be after him until he got a bad injury.   After he came back he wasn't quite the same player.

havenchamps2005

Reply #10 on: 15 Feb 2007, 11:41:20 pm
just on tandy i like what the lakers have done in the pic on there website off ryan
took his pic off the marras site replaced the haven badge with a lakers one and said this is ryan in australia before heading to doncaster when u can clearly see the picture that is in the haven club

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 16 Feb 2007, 04:27:11 pm
ryan tandy has just signed for nl 1 rivals doncaster
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #12 on: 16 Feb 2007, 07:57:28 pm
they must have been offering the most money then cos thats the only thing he thinks about

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 16 Feb 2007, 08:00:06 pm
Penny's  a  good  mate  of  Tandy  so  must  have  had  some  influence

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 17 Feb 2007, 07:25:44 am
Tandy used to play for Donny's new coach back in Oz