haven v cougars

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 12 May 2010, 08:45:08 pm
just goes to show ya how things change marra

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #16 on: 12 May 2010, 08:56:59 pm
Only thing that's changed is the name of the club!!!!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 12 May 2010, 08:58:43 pm
lets hope we can resolve it too marra

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 12 May 2010, 09:27:33 pm
WOW thats the 2nd time tonight that post as appeared on 2 different rugby forums whats the chances of that  :) :) :)

l
« Last Edit: 12 May 2010, 09:29:30 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #19 on: 12 May 2010, 09:29:48 pm
I did say sorry!!!    But do the comments still apply bkm under these different circumstances???

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 13 May 2010, 11:59:16 am
they do for me keith

HE was drivel then.........HE'S even more drivel now!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #21 on: 13 May 2010, 12:08:42 pm
they do for me keith

I think bkm wishes that thread had been deleted by now as I'm sure he has had a change of heart for some reason.  ::) ::) ::)

The same comments have been made on this site by others about the current Haven plight which is interesting.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #22 on: 13 May 2010, 01:40:05 pm
All a coincidence keith, that he has managed to become a 'laughable' figure by both sets of fans while in charge of their respective clubs and managed to lower crowds at both and manage to do well with decent inherited teams but struggle when its a team mainly signed by him

Me personally I don't believe in coincidences :(
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #23 on: 13 May 2010, 04:13:16 pm
they do for me keith

I think bkm wishes that thread had been deleted by now as I'm sure he has had a change of heart for some reason.  ::) ::) ::)

The same comments have been made on this site by others about the current Haven plight which is interesting.

Keith

You may have noticed i stopped posting anything to do with the coach, the team or the BOD a number of weeks ago. I have my opinions others have theirs and thats fine by me. I will do you the courtesy though of replying to your post.
In 2006 town by their own admission invested in the team and were building a squad capable of promotion which on paper looked more than achievable, the rest as they say is history and things went the other way instead .With the players they had town should have been up the top of the league and as we all know in that situation the buck always stops with the coach especially given that according to town fans at no time during the season did they give a performance that the team on paper was capable of, and for that reason i stand by the views i had then.

This season  the circumstances are totally different for haven  we were never going to be in a position to make the GF ,at the end of last season lots of fans were fearing a tough season and a relegation battle , in fact if you want to dig up old posts i suggest you read this that i posted back in september 09

http://www.havenfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=5435.0

where I clearly  state my concerns based on all the noises coming out of the club and i clearly state if there was no investment in quality players then relegation was a real possibility.
 I know that once theo announced he was going home that the playing budget for 2010 season was cut, now with his wages living cost etc you could say thats about25/30k gone straight away which in real terms is 2 or 3 quality part time players contract money and  add to that  we were losing  2 quality players in mcnally and amor who will not have been on massive amounts , but would cost alot more to replace with like for like quality then as early as Sept 2009 the signs were  already there .
 So before last season had even finished the coach was being ask to assemble a squad with one hand tied behind his back and with a limited budget that was never going to be able turn out a really competitive team in this league
The only option was to take a risk on players like skee and Thompson who have potential or govin who can deliver the goods but was injury prone.
 Govin who we hoped would be the playmaker we needed never worked  out and by his own admission in the press it he struggled with travelling and under performed
Thompon went in November having  never played a game and the money was never reinvested by the BOD
skee after showing some good early signs tailled off, after a 3/4 game run in the team recently he has failed to impress and didn't even shine in the reserves on sunday while the likes of shacks, loz and rossi did.

then ade went and again no reinvestment from the BOD.It wasn't until after the town defeat that the BOD finally realised we couldn't stay in this league on a shoe string (like Leigh tried and failed) and the hope of playing lots of youngsters and the odd signing of a player with potential wasn't going to work.
That is why we now find ourself trying desperately to bring in new players not only to add the quality the squad needs but hopefully give a bit of confidence back to some of the current players who are performing well below par.
Marsh
vievers
phillip
wilton
tony(rumour)
and a few more to follow by all accounts, if this money had been available in Oct/Nov then our squad would look very different and be well up in the league.   

Now on to more issues

Ginge well they didn't see eye to eye and thats that ,Steve mac did they same with Brett mac in 2005 wouldn't pick him and even though Brett wanted to stay he left the club at the end of the season.to me Brett was a far more in influential player than ginge but cause the team was winning very little was made of it and this happens at all clubs

Jacko yes they had a fall out but any one who thinks jacko has spat the dummy out then get the DVD's of the games since, because along with Amor, Matty, and barker ,jacko is one of a handfull of players who are consistently performing to high standard

Sice i would always have him on the bench , but you only have to look at the video of sundays game to see both the good and bad of sices game and  why the coach would have issues with his play, great break from jacko and who throws the ball into touch, makes a great break himself then looks at the pass with 3 players in support and the pass is awfull .Yes he can turn a game but when were struggling to create anything like we are then mistakes like that can be very costly

I will agree keith  early season with poor discipline , poor ball control and lack of attacking threats we did resemble the town of 2006.But having seen the last 5 games on dvd or at the game . Discipline and ball control has improved 10 fold, every one can see our halfbacks are creating nothing behind a pack that is holding its own .

as for teams changing game plans and we cant cope

Well Blackpool didn't look like they changed much 2nd half they played the same channels etc as the first we failed to deal with it
Dews in total control first half and lots of sets in there 20m again 2nd half but fail to score
Halifax were on par with us for errors and tons of sets in there 20m again lack of a creative  halfback cost us
eagles 28-24 after 50 mins and Eagles threw the ball about in the first half just as much as the 2nd so what went wrong? ask the players its  there to see on video for all to see
Cougars again looked like we could win at a canter then they score heads go down .2nd half just like first they attack mostly our left channel and no it wasn't phillip at fault for all 3 tries in 2nd half, he missed one tackle barker another and Rudd taken out by a dummy runner for another

on field the coach, and players are just as equally to blame,both make bad decisions at times but the main reason we are where we are now is that back in October /November The BOD( with the best intent I'm sure) failed to provide the finance required to assemble a squad that could hold its own in this league leaving it short of 2 or 3 players of the quality everyone says we need
It seems now they have realised this and i for one hope it is not too late

hope this answer your question Keith
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 13 May 2010, 04:20:05 pm
rudd taken out by a dummy runner??? i was stood in the kells end the keighley player handed carl rudd off and scored my nana could defend better than rudd and shes in her 70s!!! its about time ged dropped him!

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 13 May 2010, 06:16:21 pm
rudd taken out by a dummy runner??? i was stood in the kells end the keighley player handed carl rudd off and scored my nana could defend better than rudd and shes in her 70s!!! its about time ged dropped him!
is she doing owt sunday does she fancy a sunday mystery tour
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

newton

Reply #26 on: 13 May 2010, 06:35:24 pm
why is he getting picked every week?  maybe with tony here now ged can leave him out lol.

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 13 May 2010, 07:09:40 pm

It just looked like a bit of a mismatch one on one. The main problem was the huge gap between Rudd and the one outside him who could've helped out. The exact same happened to Danny Barker for the last try. A weakness they picked up on and worked it well, infact all 3 second half tries came from similar problems. Rudd's not had a great season but if he was taken out of the side it would be even more lost. Still think he's best at Loose Forward but can play stand off when he has a scrum half to play with something we've not got.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #28 on: 13 May 2010, 08:08:04 pm
Dont worry mrs h i can take as good as i give
with that profile picture you will have to :D :D :D :D
born and bred haven.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #29 on: 13 May 2010, 08:21:09 pm
Phew bkm, the only question I asked was do your comments about coach Stokes when he was at Town in 2006 still apply today in different circumstances.   You have gone to great lengths about players not performing, etc, etc, etc, which is what happened at Town with the same coach and you were very positive that Town needed to get rid of him and so on before he killed our club off (or words to that effect).   

I believe that you actually know him a bit better now than then and wondered what effect that has on your new judgement.   That was my only question.