HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Batley v Haven - your thoughts/comments?

Offline havenfan16

• Academy Signing
Reply #45 on: 17 May 2010, 03:27:57 pm
all i say some fans need to support the team. yeah we understand were they are coming from. its everyweek get stokes out.. well yesterday was just shocking what happened after the game. David seeds gave the interview. and i feel sorry for Ged.
1. Ged is the coach and doing his job.
2. the players are training great week in and week out.
3. they just wont perform.
4. same fans week in and week out
5. wheres the players pride? they have non.

back from rugby and straight to spoons! great celebrating another lose! 8/10 shocking!
some fans are singing haven till i die... but deep down do they mean it cause they dont show it! fans need to get their support behind the lads and for once give the coach some credit. Ged was in tears yesterday and even still he doesn't know why they aren't playing the way the are! come on haven we all know you can do better than that!

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #46 on: 17 May 2010, 06:08:34 pm
anyone that was at the match could you please tell us who was missing tackles down the right side its the same every week .why dont he drop some of these players who get away with it every b****dy week and still its more or less the same team thats what i dont understand make changes before it is to late this season

Howard Hill missed a lot but wasn't alone. There first 2 tries came through 2 missed tackles from Craig Benson who was defending in centre with Rudd out on the wing. After that Benson went off injured and Eilbeck moved out to the wing and Rudd back in field with Barker at centre. The side as a whole was poor, although the right side is a big problem but there were tackles missed all over the field.
« Last Edit: 17 May 2010, 06:10:20 pm by recregoer »

newton

Reply #47 on: 17 May 2010, 06:45:15 pm
well say no more rudd , but his kicking must have been good ????

Offline havenfan16

• Academy Signing
Reply #48 on: 17 May 2010, 11:25:23 pm
nothing wrong with rudd!

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #49 on: 17 May 2010, 11:30:51 pm
nothing wrong with rudd!

Not if he just there to make up numbers!!
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline havenfan16

• Academy Signing
Reply #50 on: 17 May 2010, 11:31:57 pm
nothing wrong with rudd!

well nobody seems to be pleased with anything these days and personaly i think that carl rudd is great and he knows what he is doing unlike some others
« Last Edit: 18 May 2010, 12:13:10 am by havenfan16 »

newton

Reply #51 on: 18 May 2010, 07:25:37 am
havenfan 16 you sound like a 16 year old with a crush yeah rudd is great yeah

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #52 on: 18 May 2010, 07:48:27 am
nothing wrong with rudd!

well nobody seems to be pleased with anything these days and personaly i think that carl rudd is great and he knows what he is doing unlike some others
rudd was very poor his kicking nearly always went dead down the hill. i think dropping him would do him good and get skee in. rudd might come back and think about playing rugby rarther than performance money :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Offline tonsh

• Academy Signing
Reply #53 on: 18 May 2010, 01:26:49 pm
anyone that was at the match could you please tell us who was missing tackles down the right side its the same every week .why dont he drop some of these players who get away with it every b****dy week and still its more or less the same team thats what i dont understand make changes before it is to late this season

Howard Hill missed a lot but wasn't alone. There first 2 tries came through 2 missed tackles from Craig Benson who was defending in centre with Rudd out on the wing. After that Benson went off injured and Eilbeck moved out to the wing and Rudd back in field with Barker at centre. The side as a whole was poor, although the right side is a big problem but there were tackles missed all over the field.
the way I seen it was our right hand side (centre and wing)were being swatted like flies ged tried to strengthen this with Barker but the same thing happened to him
The guys in the middle of the park moved out to try and cover resulting in huge gaps in the middle
this also resulted in missed tackles but the guys were trying just not good enough on the day
I would like to see howard hill at 13 with a free run and Motu at 7 also with a free run
the way to look at it is not to slag them off for missed tackles etc but to look and fathom out why they doing this then you might see a different game